It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my girlfriend so dumb?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My girlfriend is a normal 23 years old. She has no handicap or disability. Her only problem is her lack of intelligence. Here are some examples of what I mean.

English is her first language, and yet she has awful grammar and mispronounces words. Like she would say, "A tough phrase in life" instead of saying phase. She pronounces people's names incorrectly (eg.Beyonce she calls Feyonce, Cher she calls Fler, Jennifer Aniston she calls Anderson.) She pronounces hormones homones. On Valentines Day she wrote on my card "I whated to say how much i love you."

Her geography is extremely bad. If somebody asked her if Australia was in southern or northern hemisphere she wouldnt know. She doesnt know the name of our australian prime minister. She cannot name our 6 state capitals or their states - not even her own state capital. She has no idea about which way north, south, west or east is. She wouldnt know how much a kilometer is, and I once joked to her that I rode my bike from Perth to Sydney (5,000 kms) in a few hours and she believed it.

Her mathematics is extremely basic. About 4th grade level. She does not know how many minutes in an hour, days in a year, cms in a meter. She once bought me a shirt on discount 50% off from $110. I then asked her how much would that make the price, she answered around $50. She could not divide 110 by 2!

She has no idea about history. I once said to her that 100 years ago was when man first came around. Of course she believed me. She doesnt know that man has walked on the moon.

Here a few other one line examples:

* She never knew the difference between an album or single (until I explained)
* She thinks crocodiles live forever
* She thinks minutes on a VHS cassete eg, 180,240,300 is to do with quality of the cassette, not the duration.
* She never knew what a DVD was until early this year
* She doesnt know the lyrics to any song
* She thinks soccer players dont play in the rain
* She thinks Steven Speilburg is an actor (though she has no idea what a movie director is)

There are many other examples but I just cannot think of anymore off the top of my head. What I would like to know is why her intelligence, logic and orientation is so bad? Is it genetics? I just cannot figure it out. How can someone without a mental handicap be so dumb?? The only thing she is good at is communicating with people - which is why she makes the perfect secretary. She does very well with job interviews.
Anyway, i hope someone can give me an explanation.

Oh and yes, she is a blonde.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
and i thought i had it bad,

dude, if the girls that bad, she better be good looking,

or know how to cook, clean, and sow.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
scary part is, she picked you

sorry...couldn't resist. You think it's an act? or what?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I've met a couple people like that They seem to have a childlike view of everything, and they are always talking. I don't understand not knowing what a dvd is though.
I think they just don't absorb any information, like in one ear and out the other. Either that or there is something mentally wrong.

[Edited on 12-30-2003 by JFetch]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Everybody is good at something; you can't make all people the same as you.
P.S.
Btw, is this really true about your girlfriend or you are just hoaxing.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I wouldnt write all that if it was a hoax. Im deadly serious. I've been going out with her for 3 years now, its defnitely not an act. Yes, she is good looking, no she cant cook or sow - she's not good with her hands either.
JFetch, you are right, she is always talking. I just don't think she absorbs anything. There is nothing mentally wrong. I'd like to know how many other people are like her.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is she an only child?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Is she an only child?

No she's Australian...nuff said

What was her education like? I believe the education system fails so many people. She is probably intelligent but part of her up bringing and the people she hangs around with can effect the way she talks.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Maybe such people are living in another (imaginary) world in which they feel fine. They enjoy communicating with others and consider it as the main purpose of their life. In other words, they see no benefits in learning something else.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
No common sense, no retention of information.... Hmmmm...
Sounds like she grew up watching Madonna videos or something...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
No, she has older brother. I would also like to point out that she is a good dancer - both irish, tap and latin dancing, shes good at rollerblading, iceskating. These actions only require instinct and co-ordination - but when it comes to tasks that require processing information and using logic she is lost. Must be the makeup of her brain. Any neuroscientists out there?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well if you spend all your time picking out all these bad points about her then whey the hell are you going out with her? Posting all this about her on a public site shows a complete lack of respect for her, and if she knew what was good for her she'd dump your ass as quick as possible.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
She had normal private school education. Nothing wrong with it.
Im only bringing out these points because im really curious as to why she is like this. I recently read in magazine how Jessica Simpson thought that the three president figures faces at Mount Vernon, Virginia were carved by the wind. And that just got me thinking about my girlfriend, (that she would say something like that) and was wondering are there many people like her. I love of her of course, but I just wanted to share this on a public site to hear some feedback. I dont think there is any harm in that.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Well if you spend all your time picking out all these bad points about her then whey the hell are you going out with her? Posting all this about her on a public site shows a complete lack of respect for her, and if she knew what was good for her she'd dump your ass as quick as possible.

Exactly...if my better half did the same thing to me...I would be outraged and out the door. What the hell you thinking? All creatures on this earth have their own reservations...meaning that they may lack in one area..while in others..they surpass greatly. How about this...let her be the judge of YOU!!..and see what she has to say. Seriously...have her write something about you here..and better yet...let her read what you wrote.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You have to accentuate the positive. She's goog looking and apparently talented at athelitics. I would like to point out that the "sew" (to stitch something together) is spelled with an *E* NOT an *O*, that would be to plant seed by casting them about. Normally I wouldn't mention it (I can't spell well either) BUT this thread's subject just begged me to do it. :LOL:

That being said, we all have our idiosyncracies, mine is pure genius, a very hard row to hoe indeed but I struggle through each day as it comes... :LOL:

I don't know what to tell you Bro, if you love her it's all said and done. I would think it would be a never ending source of levity and continous "after laughing" (laughing AFTER you have dropped her off at home) which has value in and of itself.

I could also see how it could drive me NUTZ not being able to have a logical conversation with my woman.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

EXACTLY what i was going to say JOhn!

Seems you are only with her becauise of her looks too! Thats pretty #ty, isnt it?

Anyway, She may have a learning dissability but my guess would be that she is just quite obnoxious, as long as something has no importance in her immediate life then she will pay it no attention. I would imagine she is quite girly, false, material (though she may try to act like she isnt... as i said "false").

BUt, what is more important is what John Nada said, I hope she #s you off soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
ah ... hear that? The silence is so telling, in so many ways...

EDIT- Whoops. Two posts snuck in. This is the bit I was refering to: "How about this...let her be the judge of YOU!!..and see what she has to say. Seriously...have her write something about you here..and better yet...let her read what you wrote. "

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
dude...i know this is a seriuos topic and all..but you're in perth...perth is close to SA....SA is full of dumb#s....and apart from that i know exactly what you mean, i hate it when people mispronnounce thigs...spelling isn't too much of an issue but the word that pisses me off the most is disoriented and people say disorientated....in fact it's not just your GF in fact there are a lot of really stupid people out there and unfourtunatly murder is illegal so theres not much we can do about it!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
is it just me or am i the only one who dosent have a problem with stupid women ? now to all you educated lady's who might read this i love you too. but stupid women are just soooooo eazy hell half of em dont remember ur name the next morning MUAHAHAHAH ....lol....

ok but if ican be seriouse for a minute. education is a joke its a joke in the states and its becomming a joke in canada soooo much money is cut out of education for what another nuke or 2 its a shame we spend money the way we do when we wanna blow eachother up. but not when we wanna educate people or supply better healthcare....... maybe someone should tell bush that ignorance and lack of quality medical care create terrorists think that would work ?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
AAAAAAAWWWWW

You know, that's kinda cute. Although she is that silly you seem to love her very much
sweet.

And I thought that when finding yourself a partner you look for someone who equals your intelligence.

"I whated to say how much I love you" That's cute.
You know she is okay, take her as she is if you love her and don't call her dumb and stuff if she is a treasure for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join