It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Alien Skull? Strange Photo!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's a strange skull in a museum in Brazil. It was mummified when it was presumably brought from Egypt.

Museum administrators claim not to know the provenance of the skeleton, which was discovered only recently when they tried to "de-mummify" the piece, which was probably acquired in Egypt. The specimen is on display in the museum only on Sundays and under guard. According to the owners, at least ten efforts to steal the item have been made.

Looks like a six toed alien alright! Or is it a hoax? But one thing is clear. It ain't human!

Cheers!

ufoinfo.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
maybe an extreme case of Hydrocephalus or macrocephaly?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Maybe, but unlikely. Check out the eye sockets and the contours of the jaw. And then, of course, the 'body'. I believe it also has six toes as per the records. But hey! Do any aliens have six toes??
Hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Maybe, but unlikely. Check out the eye sockets and the contours of the jaw. And then, of course, the 'body'. I believe it also has six toes as per the records. But hey! Do any aliens have six toes??
Hmmmm....

Could be a difformity due to the size of the skull. You can't really distinguish how many toes it has on the picture, but 6 toes doesn't mean it's alien, here's a picture of a human foot with 6 toes

the body itself looks quite normal with ribcage and hip...

[edit on 7-4-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This has been discussed on ATS before and there are better pictures out there. Human who lived to adulthood judging by the teeth.... old news. A link would'a been a groove. Human.

A link: paginas.terra.com.br...

Vic

[edit on 7-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Darn! I tried like hell to check if this had been covered before on ATS. Couldn't find it!

And Vic, that link you provided. Is it Italian? Heck! It's all Greek to me!!

[edit on 7-4-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

And Vic, that link you provided. Is it Italian? Heck! It's all Greek to me!!

Looks like portuguese to me

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It does look like the skeleton of a human who had some severe birth defects, such as Hydrocephalus or macrocephaly as mentioned before. People born with hydrocephalus can have a normal lifespan with normal intelligence.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yes, it's Portuguese, that's the language they speak in Brasil.

This is probably just one of the many hoaxes that were made in begining of the 20th century, like the Fur-Bearing Trout and the Jackalope.

We have to remember that this museum started as an itinerant circus theatre.

But it could be real.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That skull is enormously huge!!!! I have seen babies with huge heads before, i suppose its one of the conditions named above. Its hard to believe in a good God when illnesses exists like this.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I did a search on ATS and I cannot find the earlier thread either - it was "up" in the past 12 months for sure. No big deal. There are some (not me) who still contend that this is an alien. They are entitled to their opinion... having studied nursing way back when - we were shown some even more bizaare photos of such genetic anomalies - most are still's or abort early on... this individual lived past 10 or 11 years (owing to the developed molars) and as such is the exception. It is bizzare and this human suffered greatly IMO.

For those with an interest an English language link to an A. J. Gevaerd follow-up on the subject:

www.ufoinfo.com...

Vic

[edit on 7-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
kinda looks like the guy in the video of Aphex Twin.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Good Afternoon,
As a physician I can absolutely affirm that this is a deformed human skeleton. It appears to be that of an infant with hydrocephalus; the molars are present at birth in the mandible (jaw bone) but erupt later. When the soft tissues decay, they are visible in the sockets as in this case.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I can't help wondering how the egyptians felt about such a case at that time...

Was mummification something they HAD to do no matter what in accordance to their way of life? Or was it only those cherised who got the ticket into the underworld?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I 100 percent agree that it is hydrocephalus.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I can't help wondering how the egyptians felt about such a case at that time...

Was mummification something they HAD to do no matter what in accordance to their way of life? Or was it only those cherised who got the ticket into the underworld?

To asnwer your question , I got this from a site about egypt:

Over time almost all Egyptians who could afford to became mummies when they died -- a total of about 70 million mummies in 3,000 years. By the 4th century AD, many Egyptians had become Christians and no longer believed that mummification was necessary for life after death. Eventually, the Egyptians gave up the art and science of making mummies.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Phew, glad there's a physician on board.

j kalin
the molars are present at birth in the mandible (jaw bone) but erupt later. When the soft tissues decay, they are visible in the sockets as in this case.

I was wondering about the teeth and the size of the body. I would have to agree with the consensus.

How fascinating, I didn't know museums started as a circus act, but it makes perfect sense, somehow....

Everything I need to know I learn on ATS.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I consider this to be a picture (or MRI) of a real alien skull.

and here's a very clever fake (at least I think so).

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
That looks like a fox or badger skull that's been altered.

What do you guys think of this one?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is claiming that an unfortunate deformed childs skeleton is infact a six toed alien doing anything helpful for the Ufological community? I dont think so.

Infact i think its quite appalling.

Mikesingh,i notice you often make posts containing extremley shakey claims,which are very seldom backed up by any facts,if at all.

Until now i just used to laugh,seemed harmless enough,like shadows on Mars being interpreted as many diffrent things,and occasionally you provide slightly interesting images like alleged NASA doctoring.

The threads are often quite full of relatively harmless speculation,on the other hand some of the claims which are made,at the same time,just helps dent any credibillity which remains in the Ufological field.

Birth defects passed off as Alien beings though is just scraping the barrell.
Something that the serious ufological community can do without.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by Swamp Gas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join