It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on drugs is going a bit too far........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

JEFFERSON CITY — First, the state said you must make a special trip to the pharmacy counter to buy certain cold medicines. That was to curb production of methamphetamine.

Now, a St. Louis legislator wants you to do the same thing to buy an even more common household item — baking soda — because it's used to make crack coc aine.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

Yes, they now want baking soda to be behind the counter.......come on, just how far is too far?
Next lighters will be behind the counter, because they can be used for drugs?
Do we now put candy behind the counter, so as to catch someone with the monchies????-OK, that was sarcastic, but I hope you see my point.

Here is another link to the same subject.
LINK

Here is another link on the subject
LINK

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
...it's more about control over behaviors/statistics etc. I think that most of us know, that there is actually no "War on Drugs". They can't afford to fight it, because there is too much money in the game.

That article is shows just the next little step to an American Police State. Nothing less, and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Don't tell me I am gonna have to sign a form and show my State I.D. so that I can get a box of baking soda to put in my cat's litterbox. Sparkles gots da have her baking soda.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I can't remember where I read it. But, someone was trying to ban glow sticks due to there use at raves. It's... Appalling to me how dumb some people can be.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What do you expect when we have legislators trying to ban the words "Illegal Alien" because it's insensitive to the illegal aliens.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have an idea! We should ban all of the following because they can be used in conjunction with drugs:

-Razor Blades
-Plastic Bags
-Balloons
-1 Dollar Bills
-Weight Scales
-Fertilizer
-Potting Soil
-Spoons
-Lighters
-Tin Foil
-Rolling Papers

See how rediculous this can get? Where does it end?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst
I have an idea! We should ban all of the following because they can be used in conjunction with drugs:
-Tin Foil

If they ban tinfoil what will everyone on ATS make their hats out of?

But seriously, from an officer standpoint I think it would be foolish. Where i used to live they kept chips and candy behind the counter to protect it from pothead cleptomaniacs.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn

-Tin Foil

If they ban tinfoil what will everyone on ATS make their hats out of?

Leftover debris from the roswell crash, obv.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What a act of terror! Our government is so set on saving us from ourselves. Control in small doses, will become control in big doses as time goes on. Stock up on “Baking Soda” now, while you still can

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

-Razor Blades
-Plastic Bags
-Balloons
-1 Dollar Bills
-Weight Scales
-Fertilizer
-Potting Soil
-Spoons
-Lighters
-Tin Foil
-Rolling Papers

Hmm.. Something tells me your no rookie at this?

j/k

The laws dumb, and like someone said above, a legislature is apparently consisted of idiots who try to ban the words "illegal aliens" and add tours of the Congress to a war bill.

You would think we could find brighter people... maybe not though.

new topics

top topics

join