It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do They Want Us to Know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I should preface this post by stating that, as an active member of this board, I'm well aware that many vehemently dispute that rogue elements of the government were complicit in the events of 9/11, but my own research and participation here has solidified my own opinion that 9/11 was an inside job.

Accepting this premise, my question then is, Is it possible that the truth of 9/11 was intended to eventually come out? Or rather the realization of the truth?

There are so many lies and inconsistencies and outright fabrications that the conclusion seems quite plausible. In fact, it has certain advantages for the perpetrators in terms of mass control.

Obviously from the start other intelligence services, governments, and those with the requisite knowledge and expertise recognized 9/11 for what it is, but the "shock and awe" of the events of the day successfully clouded the public mind and allowed the official story to be cemented in place.

But well over five years on, that story is in tatters, and acceptance of the premise of the truth movement spreads under the radar of the MSM, and currently is even generating public debate, as celebrities start to speak out.

When people like Rosie do speak out, they are viciously attacked by the usual suspects. Nothing surprising there. But in a larger sense, the government and media and the PTB have moved on, 9/11 has been swallowed and digested, and this is the new reality in which we live. Protest all you like, it won't make a bit of difference.

(I also think that the only way we will ever see justice is if those same players turn on the cabal because their interests are threatened and they find the neocon agenda insupportable; then and only then will 9/11 be dusted off to oust them.)

Is this then the real GWOT? To have us slowly realize, like that frog slowly heating in a pot on the stove, that our own government is the actual terror, that this is the new paradigm, and that we'd better put up and shut up because they're capable of anything, and you or I might be next?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Dear gottago:

I normally don’t do this, base an analysis on my ‘personal experiences’ only, but in this case I have to. I think you are VASTLY overestimating the public’s skepticism of 9-11 and awareness in political matters in general. I see the ‘surveys’ say differently — but of the thousands of people I’ve talked to not one thinks 9-11 was orchestrated by our own officials. At the very most, a select few believe our government purposely ‘allowed’ it to happen.

In reality, most Americans, including many college students, don’t even know who our vice president is. I’m certain of this because I’ve recently spoken to plenty of ‘spring breakers’ here at our local beaches (I live in Florida) from Universities across the country and they haven’t a clue. Therefore, if anything, the “polls” are purposely being exaggerated showing more conspiracy theorists than there really are. Why this is being done I have no idea.

Keep in mind that sites like ATS are totally ‘fringe’. And of the hundred thousand plus members nearly all are signed up for UFO and reptilian shape-shifter discussions. At the 9-11 forum there are really only a few dozen regular posters. So no, I don’t think the 9-11 cabal wants us to “know”. And it does frighten them when public figures like Rosie O’Donnell start talking.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 4/6/2007 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Dear Wizard,

I'll certainly grant you vast public ignorance and apathy, and we here are but the "lunatic fringe," but then again, like a shaped charge, don't you think it was nonetheless all pretty clear to those who matter? The elites?

You're right about the polls, they report very high percentages re: 9/11, but why then inflate them? I don't doubt there's widespread skepticism, on a gut level perhaps, and obviously most people aren't at all informed, but doesn't this indicate a basic sense out there that it just ain't right?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Dear gottago:

9-11 would only be ‘understood’ by those elites who are actively tied in to the political system. E. g a Hillary Clinton. I would be shocked if she didn’t know about the real events of 9-11. I would be almost as stunned if she wasn’t aware of 9-11 while it was being planned. And I would be surprised if she didn’t recall the very days the idea of 9-11 was ‘born’.

A business leader such as Warren Buffett, being the Oracle of Omaha and whatnot, would also be “in the loop”. But your average politician, professor or captain of industry — they’re all in the dark where 9-11 is concerned. They have no better access to information than you or I.

If there is a widespread sense out there that 9-11 “isn’t right”, then it’s a rather weak one. Much too feeble to influence people in their actions, such as at the voting booths. No, it’s going to be more of the ‘same old, same old’ I’m afraid. Unfortunately.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
well yes, unfortunately you have to assume whomever is the nominee of either party accepts 9/11 as a fait accompli, along with a huge laundry list, the particulars of which we can only guess at...sell your soul and all.

But the apathy surrounding 9/11 is deeply depressing, once you've reached the point of seeing the whole picture. Undoubtedly for many they simply don't want to know; as someone here posted on another thread, they'd explained the events to a reporter and at a certain point she simple played turtle, clapped her hands over her ears, and said something to the effect of, "No, no, no! I don't want to hear anymore!"

The conditioning is amazing.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In the end, the truth will come out. There are so many loose ends to tie up that I don't think they planned on them all. Too many camera were out and about that day, too many agnles of view which they did not plan on. There is so much video, audio, interviews, that it will take years but eventually it will all be pieced together for the most part. Unfortunately the same ones who planned and benefited the attacks will probably also hide the perpetrators and those who profited from 9/11. When you see the networking of the people involved and those in bed together, how can you not say 9/11 was an inside job. I mean hell, look at this war the US is in now. What a nightmare. It has nothing to do with 9/11 yet the domino effect took us there. Trust me, someone is playing dominos with the world and they know how to set them up to fall!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightman9202
In the end, the truth will come out. There are so many loose ends to tie up that I don't think they planned on them all. Too many camera were out and about that day, too many agnles of view which they did not plan on.

When reading this I thought immediately of JFK's assassination. Same MO, almost the same fingerprints, frankly--or at least their kid's.

I just hope it doesn't take a generation to get the truth out this time.

new topics

top topics

join