It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost' - The Game...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Introduction

In addition to having a mobile game and an online alternate reality game at their disposal, fans of 'Lost' will soon see a video game for portable consoles and the PC.

Here is What We Know About the Game:

Release Date...

May 2007.

Developer...

Ubisoft's Montréal studio.

Details...

From a BuddyTV interview:

BuddyTV: About the video game that…is doing. Are you guys involved in the plot of that at all, will that be a self-contained story like the Lost Experience?

Carlton Cuse: It is going to be self-contained although it will obviously take place and be set in environments that we’ve seen on the show. We’re involved in sort of an overview fashion, we’re not writing the game. The game, however, is being in part written by Dawn Kelly who used to work; both as a writer's assistant and wrote an episode on the show. So we obviously are involved in monitoring and progress and the development of the game but they’re writing their own self-contained story that isn’t an extension of canon.

Damon Lindelof: We pitched them a concept for the game and they’re basically going to run with it but I think much in the same way that the Star Wars first person shooter games worked, where even you’re new characters exploring similar environments in the movies that you already know. So you’re on the Death Star but you’re not Luke Skywalker or Obi Wan Kenobi. It’s going to function in the same reality as that. So if you’re watching the show you’re not going to go, “Oh wait a minute, was this going on because I was playing the game? I was in this environment playing the role of this character.” The answer is no. It’s more sort of a fun way of re-exploring some of the things that you’ve already seen in the show but from a different point of view.

Carlton Cuse: I will say this, we provided the game makers with details of our sets and stuff so you may see in the game more things in sets that we only saw parts of in the show, like the Hydra or even the Swan.

From an IGN page:

Based on the TV series, you are stranded on a mysterious island with the survivors of the crashed Oceanic Air flight 815. Something is very wrong on this island, and you must brave the elements, fight off unknown dangers, and face "The Others" as you try to understand what exactly is happening in this place.

From an IGN article:

Bruce Gersh, senior vice president, business development, ABC Entertainment and Touchstone Television said, "We are excited to work together with Ubisoft to create a gaming experience that will allow fans to further immerse themselves into the mysteries and intrigues of the series."

"The creative appeal of Lost transcends borders with its character driven stories and addictive mysterious mythology," said Julia Franz of Touchstone Television. "It's not enough for fans worldwide to just watch Lost, the game is a wonderful opportunity to organically extend this creative phenomenon into an interactive consumer experience."

Said giddy Lost executive producer Bryan Burk, "With the ability to tell new interactive stories within the Lost universe, we're giddy to be developing a game that, once completed, will be as engaging and fun to play as it is to create."

Platforms...

NOTE: This game has been announced for PC, console and handheld systems, but it is unknown exactly what systems the game will be released for. Check back for official confirmation on if this game will be released for your game system of choice.

This game will launch for the PC, but the specific versions for either the Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, Wii, Nintendo DS and PSP have not been officially confirmed yet.

Helpful Links

The following links may not have a great deal of information now, but as we get closer to the release date of the game, these links will be full of great stuff.

IGN Links...

'Lost' (PC)...

'Lost' (PS3)...

'Lost' (Nintemdo DS)...

'Lost' (PSP)...

'Lost' (Xbox 360)...

Additional Links...

"Lost: The Video Game" (wikipedia)...

"Lost: The Video Game" (lostpedia)...

"Get 'Lost' in New Video Game" (ABC)...

The Purpose of This Thread

The purpose of this thread is a simple one: to have a single place to discuss the video game of 'Lost.' Ultimately, this thread will be the only thread to properly discuss the game in great detail, once new information comes forth. Feel free to add any information or comments that you may have about the game.

Other 'Lost' Threads

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

'Lost' Literature...

'Lost' Music...

[edit on 5-4-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
GOOD GOD!!!
I THINK U LIKE LOST.....ALOT!! I MEAN OVER THE TOP...outragously

.....*sniff*...and i thought i was the only one...*sniff*

will you be my friend...*sniff*

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
wow...

this could either be really good or really really really bad. i kind of think bad but thats just cause it seems like 9/10 games based on tv/movies are utter garbage.

excited to hear more though !

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie

there's a lot of 'lost' fans out there...

and i just added you as my ATS friend

Originally posted by stfspam
this could either be really good or really really really bad. i kind of think bad but thats just cause it seems like 9/10 games based on tv/movies are utter garbage.

excited to hear more though !

yes, it will either be really good or really bad...

i plan on pre-ordering it for the pc (whenever the option becomes available)...

this thread should be the number one place for the information on this topic

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie
GOOD GOD!!!
I THINK U LIKE LOST.....ALOT!! I MEAN OVER THE TOP...outragously

Hey hey! You should check out the Lost threads in the other sections!

And I sure hope we get some more info soon...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A Cliffhanger ending, making out with hot babes on the run from the law. The Black Smoke moster in RPG format.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
ABC's Lost coming to PS3...

"This deal is another example of how truly powerful the 'Lost' brand is," said Bruce Gersh, senior vice president, business development, ABC Entertainment and Touchstone Television. "We are excited to work together with Ubisoft to create a gaming experience that will allow fans to further immerse themselves into the mysteries and intrigues of the series."

"The creative appeal of 'Lost' transcends borders with its character driven stories and addictive mysterious mythology," said Julia Franz, executive vice president, Touchstone Television. "It's not enough for fans worldwide to just watch 'Lost,' the game is a wonderful opportunity to organically extend this creative phenomenon into an interactive consumer experience."

Lost is now set to be a TBA title for 2008.

2008, huh???

that sucks...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I saw the teaser video for this, I guess it looked alright.. but I don't really have high hopes for the game.

However I am a huuge fan of the tv show! ;D

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
7 minutes of gameplay footage can be found here:

www.gametrailers.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
New thread here:

'Lost:' The Game...

new topics

top topics