It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists endorse Pelosi's 'good policy of dialogue'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Palestinian terror group members call US House speaker's visit to Damascus 'brave' and hope for talks with Iran; ‘I think the Democratic Party can do things the best,’ Islamic Jihad member says

www.ynetnews.com...

Way to go nancy..........embolden the terrorists.......

Islamic Jihad has carried out scores of shootings and rocket attacks, and, together with the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terror group, has taken responsibility for every suicide bombing in Israel the past two years.

Way to roll over nancy and undo everything that has been has been done.....the terrorists finally know that the Dems/Libs are appeasers.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by ferretman2]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It’s called dialog, its how rational people try to end a fight.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Pelosi isn't rational.

She's a flake. She's media whoring. She's playing outside of her sandbox.
She's stepping on the toes of the State Department. She's making the
jobs of those in the State Department harder. She's engaging in
discussions that are not part of her job and that are against the policies of
the current administration (which, like it or not, the American people
voted into office).

She isn't trying to 'end a fight'. She's just playing for cameras.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great. Just what the Democrats needed. A ringing endorsement from the jihad terrorists.

I can see the commercial now. It starts out saying:

Announcer: "4 out of 5 terrorists recommend the democratic party to voters who do vote.
Think, you could have this:"

Then it shows an elephant in a public place, when all of a sudden a suicide bomber blows himself up.

Announcer: "Or this"

Then it shows a Donkey in a public place, and everybody is laughing and smiling. Playing board games, and drinking lattes.

Announcer: "Ah yes, remember when you vote, that Allah will be watching you!"

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Way to roll over nancy and undo everything that has been has been done.

I am no fan of the dems or repubs anymore (independent voter now) but to say she has undone everything that has been done I just dont get it.

I have to ask what has been done since 9-11 to stop terrorism? It seems to me there are more terrorist now in this world that hate the united states after 9-11 than before 9-11.

Granted we have not had a terrorist attack on our soil since 9-11 but there have been other attacks around the world after 9-11.

And most importantly the US has lost much of its prestige and clout in the rest of the world since the start of the afghan and irag wars. If you doubt this just look at the chart of the US dollar...its been a free fall since the invasion of afghanistan.

And if we continue with the same policy the country is going to be bankrupt.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

Way to go nancy..........embolden the terrorists.......

[edit on 5-4-2007 by ferretman2]

Way to use the already overused "embolden". It's like all of their problems all of a sudden dissapear because we are utilizing "dialog" with Syria.

to the conservatives: Keep it up with the elementary school talking points and the repitition strategy, you are not changing our minds, because only you are listening...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Pelosi isn't rational.

So you have complited a psychological assessment on her, and found her to out side her faculties?

She's a flake. She's media whoring. She's playing outside of her sandbox.

No tell me what you really think of her, don’t be shy.

She's stepping on the toes of the State Department. She's making the
jobs of those in the State Department harder.

Really, because I was thinking Bush was making their job harder.

She's engaging in discussions that are not part of her job and that are against the policies of the current administration (which, like it or not, the American people
voted into office).

as an elected leader she’s trying to end a fight and carry out the will of what is clearly the wishes of the majority of Americans.

She isn't trying to 'end a fight'. She's just playing for cameras.

If that’s how she wants to play, By opening line of communication, thats fine by me.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

thumbs up!

yeah, this is how we ended the cold war. we TALKED to the soviets and china

are conservatives going to say that their hero reagan "emboldened the communists" with his dialogue?

Edn

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Of course thats if there even terrorists, its not as if anyone knows what that word means it has a very broad definition.

Every war ever fought was ended with talks and many wars have been avoided (the latest you can guess (Iran and the UK) with peaceful talks with the oposed governments or 'terrorists'.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Pelosi represents the weak link, and most countries believe that the democrats will be in the oval office soon. America is despised around the world because of our strength and democracy, a weak America, one that will fall lock step with the UN is what they want.

While people like Pelosi talk others will be making plans---if the enemy can keep one talking long enough they can get things done.

Enemies of America and democracy are not stupid; they know exactly who they can easily manipulate

Peace and democracy come at heavy prices, there is no short cut to get them and keep them, Pelosi and company only know short cuts.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Pelosi represents the weak link, and most countries believe that the democrats will be in the oval office soon. America is despised around the world because of our strength and democracy, a weak America, one that will fall lock step with the UN is what they want.

No they want a America that doesn’t go around bombing other countries and making unilateral decisions, and people around the world don’t hate America because of its freedoms, they hate America because of its arrogance.

While people like Pelosi talk others will be making plans---if the enemy can keep one talking long enough they can get things done.

This would imply that because we start talking that we will lose the ability to defend against an attack. Trust me, the US military is not going to go anywhere, we are still safe.

Peace and democracy come at heavy prices, there is no short cut to get them and keep them, Pelosi and company only know short cuts.

Really because to me it looked like Bush was the one who tried to take the shortcut and make Iraq a democracy.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So She's throwing them a bone, better than throwing them nothing at all and just hoping wmd's don't start raining down, out of the blue.

Though I don't quite understand the reality of her reason to visit Syria, I speculate it may be a fact finding mission. Seems HS Pelosi's using the Reagan classic "Trust but Verify" principle on GWB.

Dallas

top topics

join