It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. �Drug Rebellion� Growing: Outrage over high prices spurs states to assert constitutional rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
In a heartening display of citizenship, representatives of a dozen states met in Atlanta Dec. 11 to explore ways to obtain drugs from Canada at an average price reduction of 67 percent, although importing the medicines is currently illegal under federal law, thanks to the drug lobby.

The states� rights rebellion began in Springfield, Mass. (American Free Press, Dec. 22, 2003). Springfield has been buying drugs from Canada via the Internet since July and is expected to save $3.5 million in 2003. In Atlanta, state officials met with five Canadian drug companies to discuss how to obtain the medicines for their citizens.

www.americanfreepress.net...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Good post. I saw this on the news.

I'm SO fawking against the marriage of capitalism and curing human suffering I could shat bricks on this issue.

For-profit medicine is BARBARIC!

Just look at this hypocrisy exposed in the article:

"The FDA, which is heavily entangled with the pharmaceutical industry, has refused to permit imports on �safety� grounds. It has not explained how importing pills�many of which are even made in the United States�from Canada is dangerous.

The drug industry argues that Americans must pay much higher prices because of the costs of developing and testing new drugs. But it overlooks the fact that taxpayers pay $4 billion annually for such research, and the pharmaceuticals industry enjoys $10.1 billion in tax breaks.

Advocates of importation point out that drug makers are earning profits elsewhere in the world or they would not be selling abroad."

I turn into Colonel on this issue!
I HATE paying hundreds of dollars a month for American manufactured scripts cheaper a thousand miles away, than a mile away WHEN I LIVE near where they MAKE IT!!!

And for-profit insurance is no better. Either you or your employer pays about $400 a month for you. Look at the middle men... Insurance takes a huge profit, makes some political contributions to keep it this way, then pays drug and medical bills (if you're lucky). Drug co takes a huge profit, then makes some politcal contributions to keep it this way. Hospital takes a huge profit, then pays it's HUGE malpractice INSURANCE!

It's a scam, a dirty rotten, repugnant circle of payola and the Republican National Committee thrives on it.

Any democrat should be FURIOUS that they support the RNC and Bush with contributions by virtue of having to pay insurance and buy life saving medicine. Scam. Crock. Immoral. Wrong. I mean, it makes me HOPE there's a hell.

From the party that brought you $500 toilet seats...here's some $10 aspirins and $500 ambulance rides!!! RNC donations built right it, to ensure it never gets better!!!!

Rawr... where's that "Who wants to be a suicide bomber thread"?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Can you smell the capitalism?

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Can you smell the capitalism?

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by Lysergic]

Grr. heck yes. The Kids in the Hall movie "Brain Candy" was soooo ahead of it's time.

I can't believe pharmeceuticals can ADVERTISE prescription drugs. "Ask your doctor about the purple pill?"

Why? If I want headaches, abdominal cramping and diarrhea at the cost of $4 a pill with RNC contributions and an advertising budget built in?

Better yet, let's advertise to convince all Americans they are depressed. Did you know if sometimes you can't concentrate you're crazy? Now, let's get the courts in on it, and mandate treatment and shrinks to all offenders.

Scam. Fraud. Grrrrrrr..... Did you know the more money you make the sicker you are? Pills galore! Fawk, Rush Limbaugh should be all over this issue. Every American should.

"But I know a guy, that knows a girl that dated a guy that said it's hard to get botox in countries with socialized medicine." Good. We go to the doctor too much anyway. Old people are conditioned to see a doctor every week because it's the only human interaction some get. Guess what? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DIE SOMETIME!

Huff, puff, rant. Gawd I hate American medicine. Now let's get Jeb Bush's re-election campaign in on it. How long can we feed and water Terri Shiavo? Um, until the next election? DIE ALREADY. I'd rather my taxes go to nukes and deforestation than shallow re-election campaigns.

I vote for Logan's Run now. Screw living to 100. Damn I need a cigarette.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Is it me? My rantings killed this thread?

THIS IS A REAL CONSPIRACY PEOPLE! Does being real make it boring?

The US GOVERNMENT and US PHAMACEUTICALS are conspiring to profit from you pain!

Isn't anyone at all concerned? Even willing to disagree?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Is it me? My rantings killed this thread?

THIS IS A REAL CONSPIRACY PEOPLE! Does being real make it boring?

The US GOVERNMENT and US PHAMACEUTICALS are conspiring to profit from you pain!

Isn't anyone at all concerned? Even willing to disagree?

No You havent killed the Thread LOL!
I agree with what you said 100%. This is a conspiracy. People in Canada are getting the exact same medicines people use here in the US and they pay up to 67% less. The American people are taking in it up the ass here.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Another reason I can't wait to move to Canada.

new topics

top topics

join