It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seized crew "all admit trespass"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Seized crew "all admit trespass"

news.bbc.co.uk

The 15 Britons held by Iran have accepted they were picked up in its waters, Iranian state radio says.

It reported film of all the Royal Navy personnel giving details existed but would not be shown because of an apparent shift in the UK's policy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Would make a change to see ALL 15 at once as we haven't seen more than 5-6 in the previous videos - I wonder why that is?

What could the apparent shift mean? Maybe we have started using plain language at them with regards to what will happen if they do not release them. Perhaps they have offered Iran a face-saving way out of this.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Iran hasn't asked for the UK to say sorry, its not one of the demands.

Its likely now that all may be released if they have "confessed"

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Iran hasn't asked for the UK to say sorry, its not one of the demands.

Its likely now that all may be released if they have "confessed"

I dunno,

Whats the point in holding them this long, causing so much outrage worldwide.. .then just releasing them?

Why not just tell them

if you admit guilt we will release u from day one?

I think this is for trial, We have activley detained them in Iraq, and still refuse to release them..

you really think they are going to just let them go?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

Hope springs eternal

In any other court in the world, would this even get to trial? Would they be allowed to use these videos and the maps etc as evidence in court if it has already been splashed about on TV?

IF there is a trial, then there has to be consular access. Can't just stick them before a court with some crappy Iranian defense lawyer can they.

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
you really think they are going to just let them go?

A trail will result in economic sanctions from the EU (which will hurt the Iranian economy). This could then lead to military action from the United States and the United Kingdom.

The question is would Iran risk all that?

[edit on 2-4-2007 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The question is would Iran risk all that?

The leader is crazy. He has delusions of taking on America and having the Arab world (and Chavez and Castro) backing him. I have no doubt that he'd not only risk it ... he'd LOVE IT.

As far as the 'confession' goes ... baaa humbug. They were not in Iranian waters and they were illegally kidnapped. Iran knows it. The world knows it. There was no confession.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The leader is crazy. He has delusions of taking on America and having the Arab world (and Chavez and Castro) backing him. I have no doubt that he'd not only risk it ... he'd LOVE IT.

Supreme Leader of Iran is the main power in Iran, not the President. The Ayatollah hasn't spoken yet and its interesting to see what he thinks because he ,the Ayatollah, does not see eye to eye with the President.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think they see eye to eye more than they let on.
Ahmajadine sprung into power with a whitewash in his first election, then in his next he lost a large amount of support?
I thought this country was meant to be hell bent 'death to America, death to Israel '
I recon he was put in place precisely because of his hardline.

The ayatollah is coming to his end, health wise I reakon.
Why not go out in a blaze of glory, well large flashes if you will.

Remember, Ahmajadine thinks the Imam will return in the coming war,
Surely the religious leader thinks the same?

Ayatollah, he's backing Ahmajadine all the way, probably even telling him what to do when to do it on some occasions.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Would make a change to see ALL 15 at once as we haven't seen more than 5-6 in the previous videos - I wonder why that is?

If you look @ them on the footage you can see that they have been deprived of sleep, some of them look exhausted, and I am concerned alao what about the others? Where are they?

Plus the Iranians said, that they would not show the footage, now they have went back on their word, they have shot themselves in their own foots...

The Ayatollah hasn't spoken yet and its interesting to see what he thinks because he ,the Ayatollah, does not see eye to eye with the President.

Im more worried about him making the decision than the other half nut thats their president.... Maybe on this occasion he might agree with the President of Iran....

They now know where the UK stands, wonder what their responce will be....

What is the UK gonna do if they decide to withold them and put them on trial??

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Just seen on BBC News 24 that the AP reports that the "Iran media cites positive changes"

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Just seen on BBC News 24 that the AP reports that the "Iran media cites positive changes"

Everyone hold their breathes, but not for too long see if this is just a ploy or not, (hopefully it wont be).....

Or maybe Iran will announce they are going to put them on trial.....

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
If you look @ them on the footage you can see that they have been deprived of sleep, some of them look exhausted, and I am concerned alao what about the others? Where are they?

Plus the Iranians said, that they would not show the footage, now they have went back on their word, they have shot themselves in their own foots...

Hardly the first time in this crisis that they have at least changed their mind, if not knowingly lied to gauge reactions or poke us with the stick a bit. They said they would release Faye Turney in a couple of days - that didn't happen - so I expected the video to come out today anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

Everyone hold their breathes, but not for too long see if this is just a ploy or not, (hopefully it wont be).....

Or maybe Iran will announce they are going to put them on trial.....

You know what? I automatically took it as a positive sign and it didn't register, but reading it again it says "IRAN MEDIA". So, what would be positive from an Iranian POV? It could well be a trial or there could be a release coming soon. I hope and pray for the latter against any alternative that's for sure.

Would also be interesting to learn which media source in Iran said this. If it is the state owned media or not.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Hardly the first time in this crisis that they have at least changed their mind, if not knowingly lied to gauge reactions or poke us with the stick a bit. They said they would release Faye Turney in a couple of days - that didn't happen - so I expected the video to come out today anyway.

Yeah, when I saw the footage on the BBC, I was about to throw something @ the T.V.

Should have freakin known they would go back on their word...... Their credability has went right down the lavy pan.....

I know I will get shot down in flames for sayin this, BUTT, once we get them back, the UK is gonna need to kick some bootay big time..... Humiliated the 2nd time around......

[edit on 2-4-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
give me some duct tape and a stun gun and about 5 minutes and you too can admit you were in Iranian waters. and I'm sure the nice people holding these guys are better at this than i would be.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus

What could the apparent shift mean? Maybe we have started using plain language at them with regards to what will happen if they do not release them. Perhaps they have offered Iran a face-saving way out of this.

news.bbc.co.uk

Well, Iran may save face, but im afraid the british wont be able to. They have been humiliated, forced to admit they "trespassed" into Iranian waters, had the UK government plead with them.

I dont think the world will ever look at britain quite the same again.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What are you talking about? The UK Government have admitted no such thing.

This is where half the conspiracy rubbish on this site comes from, people not actually reading or even listening to what is going on and shooting their mouths off.

I think the UK goverment is dealing with this very well, and if we can stay away from war and get the saliors back then is a bonus for the whole world. I can't help feeling is only putting things off a few months though.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
2x post.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by 2ciewan]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
HarleynMarley

What are you talking about?

As has already been stated by the British government it does not matter what the detainees say as long as they cooperate with the Iranians they will be treated ok, these sailors have not been trained in counter interrogation techniques as they were not expected to be captured doing the job they were doing in Iraqi waters. If you were in the same position you would say what they wanted too, there is no point in doing otherwise.

The sailors were in Iraqi waters and taken illegally as everyone knows, it was a trap set by the Iranians for propaganda reasons only, probably meant to deflect away from the Iranian nuclear programme.

As for Britain not being viewed the same way in the world again try looking closer to home, the USA has had that problem for a long time!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join