It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Aircraft Hangers under MilitaryInstallations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is my first post to this site so I figured I would start it off with a good topic.

I was recently stationed at Holloman AFB in Alamogordo, NM. I worked in a CE (Civil Engineering) shop that took care of the Aircraft Arresting Systems , sort deatil: it stops planes with tail hooks that have either battle or mechanical damage and cannot stop on their on power, on the airfield.

If anyone has seen the base and the layout of its runways and hangers, you notice that there is one hanger/building right on the taxiway that is set well away from the rest of them.

I have seen aircraft move in and out of the hanger doors, no problem there. But I was told by a trusted source that he or someone else(can't remember which) was on the airfield at night doing a system check when he noticed an aircraft move inside and the doors shut. When the doors opened a little while later the aircraft was gone and the only way out was that door. The only other explaination is that it moved underground.

The person was approached by a SP patroling the area, that he did not see what he just did.

Has anyone that was there heard something about this or see it in person. Any other bases have this so-called underground hangers that are not to exist.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
First off welcom,e to ATS...

It seems logical to me that you would put your best abd most expensive birds underground for maintainence and storage. This makes them pretty hard to hit and damage.

It would be a fairly simple matter to construct an underground hangar as well. Dig a real big hole and concrete it in the fashion needed to house the aircraft and work areas.

The elevators needed for going into and out of the underground hangar have been in use on aircraft carriers for years. Pretty much "off the shelf" all the way round.

Additionally, it makes for a great place to work on new birds that you don't want anyone to see.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is also my first post here. Found ATS and have been intrigued ever since.

Along these same lines, I can't remember where I heard it but, there were also undergraound bunkers or hangers found in Germany oh so many years after the war. From what I remember there were old German bombers still loaded with weapons and fuel all parked in a row. I wonder if anyone else has heard of this as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Springer makes a VERY GOOD point, but this is also a VERY INTERESTING topic. I would love to hear more about this.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
more on some underground bases can be found here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I seem to remeber reading that many SAC bases of the fifties built hangers with basements and elevators for shelter purposes and storage for the B-47 force. I believe Holloman was one of them. I wish I could give a source but this was long ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
very good post for your first, not too short and not too long

Its not at all surprising that they have been keeping aircraft underground, it would help defende agents a bombing attack and spyplanes/satilights..

BUT one has to wonder WHAT ELS there keeping down there yes yes, im talking about dish shaped aircraft or "UFO's"

welcome to ats

top topics

join