It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were president.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Bang -up job Dis..

I'm kinda new around here myself....

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If I were president..

"I'd be elected on Friday

assasinated on Saturday

buried on Sunday

if I was president.."

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If I were president ..

I'd have talked to the iranian government.

trust me, it works.

Keep It Real

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If I were president I would do whatever it takes to stay in power. Thats what everyone else did isn't it?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If I were president of the United States and I had a chance to speak with the president of Iran it would go something like this. "Dude, listen, I know you are whacked and stuff but if you let us help you with your nuclear tech for energy purposes i'll offer you a years supply of Turtle Wax and Rice-a-Roni (which btw comes in a variety of delicious flavors) and the world could make a collective sigh of relief.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
u know theyll come in piece but without u knowing theyll develop nuclear missiles put some tartar sause and here u are mr.nice president

thast why i always say "U either STOP or we make u DROP"

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think OBE1 has got this one laid out well.

What I wouldn't do is retreat into my shell and hope for the best. With respect, isolationism has screwed the US over once already. I would do my utmost to make sure it didn't happen again (lest we forget all those American lives lost at Pearl Harbour).

Nor would I appease the Iranians, a policy which has screwed Britain over once already. Both the US and UK have to learn from their history - peace at any price doesn't work, but there can be absolutely no harm in sitting down with the Iranians and just trying to talk things through.

Isolationism and appeasement are essentially two sides of the same coin - both are utterly disastrous policies. All you'd see is China and Russia stepping into the void that the US left, and - regardless of what you think of the Bush Administration - that would certainly leave the world worse off than it is now.

At least if you've tried to speak to the Iranians, if it does come down to action vs. letting Iran get hold of the bomb, you've tried your best. And I think if you talked to them it wouldn't reach this point anyway.

[edit on 31/3/07 by Ste2652]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
I would bust out a fat blunt..
seriously everyone should so they could chill the f out!!!

Only Jamaican's are to hold state office around the world.

Seriously though, if I were president, I'd get busy cooking up a reason for China to get mad at the middle east.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I would withhold funding, trade, and favors for countries that did not keep their neighbors inline. Oh wait we need conflict to help fuel the arms sales that support our industrial complex.

Ok I would just give 50% of the cost to some sort of United country alliance that would help pursuade other countries to evolve and stay in line. Oh wait we have the United Nations and that does not seem to work.

Ok denial that will work. Everything will work out in the end and hell I am only in office for 4-8 years so who cares. I will leave someone else down the line to hold the bag and come up with a solution!

Tactical nukes if all else fails?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A publicly viewed talk with Iran would certainly build support for the US.
Regardless of wether the Iranians take it seriously or not, the world would watch. And with a speech like the one posted, I could see alot of nations backing the US again.

It would definately do alot of good.

Makes you wonder why the current administration is so hell bent on doing exactly the opposite.

I'm quite covinced that the current administration simply wants war. I don't think they care who it's with, so long as they are in the Middle East, they just want a war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join