It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were president.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If you were President, what would you do, or say in light of Irans nuclear activities.

Me,

I would invite him to Camp David.
Instead of denying him direct talks ( like Bush ) I would tell him my position, live to the world, then let the world decide what he is really about, id state:

'' President, Ahmajadine, thankyou for your time. I understand there's a lot of hostility and anger between us at present, and I feel it is in the best interests of our great nations to solve the horrible conflict we have started in Iraq, and also come to terms on your nuclear activities..

What I propose sir, is a cessation in sanctions on your country, so you can continue to assist your people in thriving through prosperity.
Open up all your nuclear research facilities to continual round the clock inspections.
Allow us, and other nations to freely HELP You reach nuclear power for your citizens. This we believe helps you reach your goal of nuclear power, while at the same time keeps Israel, and the rest of your Arab neighbours at ease, understanding the world is monitoring and assisting in your nuclear activities, without you dabbling in weapons tech. We do not deny you nuclear tech, just the weapons. Allow us to monitor you, and assist you in gaining nuclear tech and this mis-understanding can be averted.

We will allow you this if you help us build a multi-religious government in Iraq, that prioritises a peaceful and democratic nation where shia and sunni can live together. We have dont major wrongs in Iraq, and it will engulf the region unless its neighbours come to terms with our mistake and assist us in making it right. Help us stop the civil war, and convince the peopel that a sunni/shi government is whats needed.

Allos us to invest in your vast oil fields, helping you build a rich and prosperous economy based on your resources, allowing us to also gain through co-operation and assistance in building the vast infrastructure required for you to become a major player in the Oil fields.

A civil war in Iraq does either of our nations no good.
Sanctions on your country does neither of our countries no good.
Continual confrontation, and open hostilities does man kind no good, in its search for eternal peace.

Co-operation in your oil fields, in Iraq and in this nuclear matter are what our great nations need to deal with today, to avert all our war and economic catastrophe.

President Ahmajadine, In front of a world audience today I pledge my word, that together we can become great partners in the middle east, together assisting each other.

I ask you for your word, you will cease this hostile action, and help us build peace in the ME.

Do this, and we will for ever be known in the history books as the great nations who averted destruction of mankind.

Do this not, we will be known as the children who couldnt understand each other, instead resorting to war. "

I would then stand up, offer my hand, and allow the world to see, wether this president is interested in peace, and prosperity through co-operation.
Or wether he wants war, and no peace on Earth.

This way, the world can see, I went for peace, before War.
Where as GW and the American Government, seem to chose war, before they sit down and talk for peace.

That simple speech, will then put him on the spot.
We have just pledged to the world that so long as we help each other, we will no longer manipulate and take for granted what each other can do.

The above is not impossible, there’s nothing about it we cant achieve.

problem is, its not man running the show its corporate greed.

Corporate greed does not want to assist in the oil fields, it wants to OWN them.
corporate greed does not want to assist in nuclear tech, its wants to be the monopoly.

That, is what id do.

You'll probably recognise this as I posted it in another thread,but felt it would be a good topic for people to pretend to be president.....

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
......and if your offer of peace is met with defiance, laughter, mocking or completely ignored?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, then like I said.
Being it was a televised statement to the planet.. if he had of laughed and said
'' never, death to the infidel ''

I would of gone on TV, made a statement to the Iranian people to leave.
Because A campaign against the governemnt was about to being.

Unlike GW, I sought peace through talks. I didnt deny anyone one on one talks.

Do you honestly believe, the president of Iran would laugh?
Or are you falling for all the propoganda, that he is a blood thirsty lifeform, not made of a human mind?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
No, I do not think he would laugh.

I don't think he would listen though.. why should he conform to the likes of the US and the West? ..... there in lies the entire problem .. its not about nukes or anything.. its about the West pressing values!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Which is what im not doing.
Im telling him,
He can have everything he wants,
So long as the international community has complete transperancy in regards to his nuclear programme.
It will prove his stance.

If he wants nuclear power, and peace.. then he'll let us have it.
If he wants weapons and war, he'll deny it and spout the same bs most people on this board do.

Which is why im saying, you need to do it public, so the world can see everything thats said, and everythings that agreed or denied.

You seem to be sure who's wrong,
What would you do rockpuk?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Depends on what the "real" problem is..

Why doesn't Bush want him to have nuclear power?... many countries do? .. Nuclear weapons? Common, what a complete joke.. Pakistan has PLENTY of nuclear weapons and can EASILY trade them to the absolute super rich Iranian government...... why would Iran "research" what Pakistan can give them, be it the actual technology, or weapons, or build the centrifuges them selves eh? .. no.. its more difficult then "Iran has a nuke" ..

I think the reason Bush is after Iran (I really have no idea, hes so off the wall and information is kept from the public) if for monetary gain (Iran moving to the Euro) and I think he actually thought Iraq would rise from the ashes and become the regional power with a pro-American democratic ideology.. wow.. talk about high hopes right?
Iran has become the regional power.. so cut them down, and hopefully Iraq will beat Iran in regional influence, without having to invade Iran and re-build it.. if you get what I mean because I may not get what I am saying lol..

What would I do? .. Leave the ME alone.. im an isolationist, I say put the money into researching in new energies, better cars, clamp down on the oil / automotive industry and stop using oil, thus, stop funding "terrorist" and "evil doers"

Maybe we are not entirely radically different eh mister agitated?

(ps your still my Foe, because I like arguing with you!
)

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Tell ya what, for once I like what ya saying!

So how would you go about limiting Iran?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why should we limit Iran? ... What are they doing thats so bad eh? .. They became the regional power because we took out Iraq... we created our own mess
.. We should befriend Iran if anything, their people are well educated, well versed and typically like the West untill our war with Iraq. If we leave them alone, they will like us, they won't be an enemy but friends.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If I was President

I'd get elected on Friday,

Assassinated on Saturday,

And buried on Sunday

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Why should we limit Iran? ... What are they doing thats so bad eh? .. They became the regional power because we took out Iraq... we created our own mess
.. We should befriend Iran if anything, their people are well educated, well versed and typically like the West untill our war with Iraq. If we leave them alone, they will like us, they won't be an enemy but friends.

this was hastily done, needed to take care of some things at home (damn cat) ... anyways..

By taking out Iraq, the regional power holder in the region, we created this nasty void.. this void HAS to be filled.. it cannot be vacant.. its literally impossible. The United States had hoped that American presents would create enough hostile fear to suppress anyone attempting to stand up.. and it worked, for about 2 years.. we had already seen Iran taking bolder moves.. we publicly lambasted them .. "axis of evil" .. we knew they had the ability.. thats why we tried to influence their elections.. the hard line ended up winning.. the Iranian nationalist (not radical islam..) instead of the more western leaning "liberalistic" government we tried to help.

So Iraq did not form like we thought.. in stead it melted away before our very eyes.. no doubt Iran influenced that.. it is their region, we simply took to damn long getting the job done! .. Because America took to long to destroy the government, find Saddam and form a government, Iran built up confidence to begin terrorism, in the hopes of starting a civil war.. Iranian Revolutionary Guards (Not typically associated with the government, they operate on their own terms... like the PKK and the Kurdish Assembly if you will) are the number one killer of American troops..

The chaos that ensued worked like a charm.. the mosque was annihilated and civil war ensued.

Now, there is not only a power void still not filled because America made it vacant by first destroying Iraq, then F'ing them selves royally by not 1. listening to the generals on the ground and 2. allowing Rummy to do it his way, which is quite simply, the dumb way. Not enough troops, not enough material, not enough propaganda (yeah its useful) not enough equipment, not enough money, not enough direction on how to spend the money, pathetic over sights, pathetic war plans, and NO END GOAL! Whats their plan??

Il tell you their plan..

It WAS to destroy Iraq and build a government. They failed. So we are still there... people ask when will we pull out? .. when mission is accomplished
which it isnt. Or any where close.. in fact we struggle to hold Kurdistan from leaving the fools in the south, we cannot control the boarders (cant control our own, what makes us think we can control another counties..) we cannot spot and destroy IRG forces, we cannot SOLVE the PROBLEMS because the problems lie within Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia...... because we stood stationary TO LONG.

So.. Iran filled the void.. because America happens to be so knee deep in their own sh!% that we honestly cannot occupy another country right now..

So, Iran will strut its stuff, it will continue developing "nuclear weapons" and capturing sailors because we can't do a damn thing about it! .. America can kick Iran's !%@ but there is no support to do it.. imagine.. just imagine the all out hell that would break loose in the streets of America when we wake up one morning and see our air force bombing Iran back 75 years?

Iran does not WANT compromise. It does not NEED compromise.. we COMPROMISED our own situation! ..

So it is not about "nukes" .. or about "terrist" (I meant that spelling
)

Its not about "oil"

Its not about "liberating" (please.... we support the civil war in Congo because its um.... "democratic" .. 2.5 million people dead. :barf

It sure as hell is not about "religion" .. Iran is one of the most (if not THEE most) westernized states in the ME .. aside from Turkey (not counting Israel, not being Islamic)

Its about.. power.. control.

We could not build Iraq so we lost our goal.. regional influence within the ME through a proxy government to install western "ideology" ie. EXPLOITATION So Iran filled the void... which brings us to... why pick a fight when we ARE knee deep in our own sh!@?

Well, because most of the attacks come from Iran.. and because Iran is now the regional super power.... destroy Iran... and join the two countries..
Sounds .. I don't know.. out there?

think about it.. opening the borders with WAR brings the fighters out (remember.. these guys can't plan a war to save their lives - Bush) and we will, hypothetically destroy the IRG ending the #1 killer of our troops (trained army - mostly snipers in Iraq) and join the two countries into a REAL regional super power that is pro-American.. going on the basis that both are majority Shia (sorry Kurds, F'd again eh? .. figures..)

I honestly think that is their plan.. they failed the first time, why not try again and form a super state! .. one state already doesn't have a government (able) and the second will be easy to destroy.. the only hard part will of course be gaining peace..

The whole plan would fail. Miserably actually..

But that is what I see as there (Bush) plan.. And I believe I am right, through studying extensively the Middle East and the actions war related and politically motivated by this ... government.

In short... we cannot fail.. because if we do, we have NO regional influence over one of the most important regions in the world.. and because plan 1 went down the shi!@er we need a plan B.. take out regional contender #2 and start plan A all over again..

What say you?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'd take off my cowboy hat & six shooters, and engage Iran in conventional diplomacy...pull up a chair for them at the big kids table...they want recognition...give it to them...are we THAT afraid of them?

I'd acknowledge their right to pursue nuclear technology, including the enrichment of uranium for peaceful purposes...under the NPT.

I'd demand transparency...a program of mandatory IAEA inspections.

I'd recommend avenues for peaceful, cooperative pursuits between Iran and it's neighbors....be a unit-er, not a divider.
Perhaps suggest the establishment of a collective fund by all OPEC & ME oil producing nations for the research & development of alternative energy technologies...each producer, (including Iran), contributing a % of their oil & gas revenues.

I'm not a diplomat , but common sense tells me to look for the common ground (it exists) and use direct dialog to begin sorting it out...Hezbollah...Palestine...all of it.

As I said on another thread, if we teach our children to use their words rather than hitting, it's kind of hypocritical to expect less from ourselves...right?

It's my conviction that control of energy resources is at the heart of US involvement in the ME...and we don't share well. Conventional diplomacy implies compromise, maybe even occasional concession...unfortunately, the current admin prefers to wield the big stick...under whatever guise the American public, and our lawmakers might be gullible enough to accept.

Our strategies, and motives with regard to Iran...whether we attack them now or not, only promises to expanded the stalemate in the ME, which essentially translates to another loss for the US, and all concerned...national debt, political capitol, prestige, influence, and most importantly lives...Korea...Cuba...Vietnam...Iraq...ad infinitum.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Sounds rather simple? Why not come to the table and talk, but then you consider the area of the middle east and the one beligerant country in that midst and then you know why there will not be peace in that region for awhile.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I would bust out a fat blunt..
seriously everyone should so they could chill the f out!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If I was president of your country I would tell not only Iran but all of the Middle East to stick their oil where the sun don't shine.
I would then tell the American people that because we aren't buying any more oil from the M/E that a lot of serious changes will have to happen pronto/immediately.
Firstly that public transport will have to be used for people who can use it to get to work, school etc.
Secondly, for those who live too far from their work/school/college etc to catch public transport, they have to car pool. No car with less than 5 people on board will be allowed on any road to save gas. Bar essential services and trucks transporting goods.
I would take all the troops out of Iraq, Afghanistan, and bring them home.
This would instantly save millions of dollars per day that could be re-diverted back in to restructuring the U.S with more buses, trains, and also to invest immediately in research for non-petrol cars which will be rolling off the assembly line as soon as possible.
Oil would only be used for essential services and utilities until an alternative can be put in place.
It would only take 12 months of inconvenience tops for whole of the country to replace oil with an alternative. 12 months of sacrifice to finally end our dependence on oil. I would also make sure that other western nations joined in or I would boot them out of the coalition.

That was fun!!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
12 months? Are you thinking of Australia or the US. The population here is 300+ million x two car families.

I think it could be done, but complete independence from oil within one year? You could turn the midwest into a huge field for biodiesel.

BTW, what is the chances of seeking political asylum in Australia these days?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
If i were President i would learn alot more about their culture and values and belief system. I have read the Koran. I would show some respect and visit a moseque and give worship, after all at the end of the day no matter what you call the Supreme Being, ie God, Allah, Jehova etc It is still the same thing we are worshipping. So tolerance of each others beliefs i think would be a major milestone.
I would invite all the World Leaders to a summit meeting in Camp David or even somewhere neutral say Geneva and sit down with them all and say right, the press and world media are excluded from this private meeting, it's just us. And then discuss some of the world's many problems, from one human being to another. I know it's easier said than done, but when was the last time our world leaders got together round a table. Personally i would lock the door until some viable solutions were reached.
I dunno, in the Cold War, particualrly at the end of the Cold War, Thatcher met Gorby and gave him a chance and memorably uttered the immortal words, "this is a man whom i could do buisness with". Gorby was a remarkable man in his time as President. he did what no other Soviet Leader did, put aside all the rethoric and politics and actually sat down and discussed things. I know things got a bit out of control at the end he wanted a transitional gradual change and i can see he was right, look at Russia now, a complete mess. But at least he had the guts to say enough and bring about change. I would say he was one of the greatest figures of the late 20th century.
As president i would think of the bigger picture. This dispute with Iran has all the hallmarks of turning into an ugly nasty war which could ignite WW3. Is Iran worth the destruction of the Human Race? I certaintly don'nt think so. So we should sit down and talk. If Iran subsequently sticks two fingers in the air at least the world will see who the bad guys are. So what Britian is doing now is the correct course of action for now. Talk and be patient but there will come a time when that will be exhausted.
In the longer time America needs to cure it's addiction to oil. The current oil giants can still be giants but using other alternative fules such as bio crops etc. It can channel it's resources into environmentally friendly fuels. If America and most of the world did that then there would be far less wars in the Middle East. Plus we would be helping to save our planet in the process.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
No Offense Agit8dChop but you are completely oblivious to the fact that the current administration in Iran wants to rid the world of ALL things that aren't to the terms of his "extremist" beliefs (I also do not believe that Pres. Ahmadinejad is a whasabi sect Muslim, but just a complete ideologue who is set on is own agenda). Obviously you truly do not understand the mindset of sociopaths, correct me if I am wrong but didn’t our dear St. Clinton try to do the same thing w/ the late Yassir Arafat (sic?). And what did those talks put out, nothing but false promises and pipe dreams for the “peace loving” world. The great hope was a peaceful Israel. And all you have to do is look at it now to see where those Camp David talks got us. Sir you really are completely naïve to think that Mr. . Ahmadinejad would whole heartedly take your talks even the slightest the bit serious. I mean hell all you have to do is look at the “confession” letters and video’s of the captured “Britons”.
Of course he would give you lip service and tell you what you want to hear but will he fulfill those assurances? Of course he wouldn’t, All you really need to do is pray or dance or whatever the hell you do and wait it out.
Yes there are sides on both the Iranian and Coalition that want war, but maybe you should do a little research into the younger generation of Iranians. They yearn for freedom so bad it’s not fathomable for the region they are in. What was it about 8 months ago or so the “Great” Pres. . Ahmadinejad was speaking at a university in Tehran and there were students burning pictures of him and heckling him. The younger generation in Iran wants to live under the flag of Coca-Cola and Starbucks. They want to have the freedom of choosing Democracy over Fascist Theology. I for one pray we do not strike against Iran because I fear it will just make the Iranian people angry over bombings that should never have happened. The current administration is hanging on to power by a thread, we just don’t hear about it. And the present Ayatollah is sick and dying, and from all rumors there most likely will not be another one elected from polls. The people of Iran loathe the gov’t they live under and yearn to be free.
So if you truly think that in your heart of hearts these pandering “peace” talks would really do any good , you go right ahead sir. And do not come crying to me that in 3 months your skull is on a poll in Mr. . Ahmadinejad’s Tehran palace as an example of all the weak that tremble before is mighty influence.
(first post by the way) hope I did alright

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
if i were president then.....ill take care of iran first(:use weapons of mass destruction and sattelites and coordinated strategic attacks to conquer every major capitol int he world
then all the slave countryes will sponsor me to launch a full scale assault on the nearest alien planet and from the work my way throw space wars^^
ill call myself imperator of the TERRAN "PIECE" ASSCOCIATION...the TPA
here how an assault on an alien race should be done[:
1nuke major capitals and strategic points to weaken defences
2deploy chem weapons /period/period/period
3deploy tripods(:
4deploy ground forces to enslave(: bluhahaha
5when planet's resources are all suckt out bring back forces and use lazer sattelite to destory planet(:

[edit on 31/3/07 by Unisol]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Your point about the younger generation of Iranians has some validity Disenfranchised...similar to the feelings being expressed my many 20 somethings today in America...I can assure you, the quickest way to unite the opposition in Iran....is a Cruise missile.

But what struck me most about your post, was how effortlessly I could substitute the name Bush...for Ahmadinejad....

try it...it's uncanny...

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
OBE1 I can compeletely see how you can "effortlessly" replace Mr. Ahmadinejad's name w/ Mr. Bush's. But honestly I think that there is some religous(sic) reasoning to Bush's administration plans to dominate the world(either that or complete power, although they pretty much have it already). And with all honesty I do not think that Mr. Ahmadinejad's plans have anything to do w/ religion really at all just his inborn hatred towards all things different then him. Sometimes I'll just look at him when he's on tv or the news sites and study. Look at his clothing it's almost half wester business casual w/ a flair of scarface casual mob to me lol. But to say that it's that easy to replace Bush's name w/ his is almost impossible to me. I mean are we honestly to believe that our current administration is that nefarious? Maybe they are but I just do no want to believe it although I do think it is true sometimes. I don't know why but I still stick up for Mr. Bush a lot and put a lot of the onace(sic?) on his administration. I'll admit hands down Mr. Bush should be impeached, not for his handling of the Iraq conflict but for his complete disregrard for the constitution). But to me he is still just a guy that seems like he'd be fun just hanging out w/ at a bar lol. Which I know is not what we want or need in a president. But what is our voting system now other than a popularity contest. To me on this site(long time interloper, 2002 or so, but finally created a profile.) there is a complete misunderstanding in being anti-Bush and anti-American. Most people come off as wanting to blame America for everything and don't look at the big picture. If you are a true patriot you should not put the blame on your country but your administration.

p.s. how'd i do for a first post(the one before this)

[edit on 31-3-2007 by Disenfranchised]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join