It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. "Interests": Hardcore Drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Could it be that meth is able to be manufactured anywhere the chemicals are available? That means the US gov cant make revenue importing the substance. Cocaine and heroin are imported (legally or otherwise) and that is way too profitable not to middleman the dealers or pharma. co. Yes meth is epidemic, just as crack was before, but the CIA brought in the product to destabilize the public welfare of the poor people. Now without any profit to be made it sure makes sense to target meth producers, dealers or users. What about the casualties of families affected by the drug?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They use the military planes/boats to transport. There are all kinds of "black ops" we have no clue about.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
What I fail to see is why they call these things "epidemics". If it were of epidemic proportions, wouldn't it be common to know a wide variety of people who use meth? I know a lot of people from different social groups and lifestyles and I don't know anyone who uses meth. You would think since it is an epidemic it would be highly likely to have plenty of meth users around, but I can think of no one. I know, on the other hand, people who use coc aine, crack, alcohol, and marijuana. I guess those don't make law enforcement as much money.

You don't know as many people from "different social groups" as you think you do. Nobody does. In fact, the US is the most highly-stratifed society by class/living standard in the "developed world." The people on Primrose Lane keep to themselves and let the guard at the gated-community checkpoint deal with the riffraff. The closest most of the dwindling upper-middle-class has with members of the poorer groups is during the tipping process at restaurants. At the higher social stratum the divide is even worse.

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal a few months ago that said less than one in 100,000 Americans has ever even MET a graduate of an ivy-league school. This article was followed by hundreds of responses by various brokers and financial-world workers who found the whole concept preposterous. After all, the typical argument went, I know 20 or 30 who live in my Manhattan high rise alone. All this shows is that these people live in at totally self-contained bubble and have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER about what's going on outside the tiny little island of Manhattan.

Meanwhile at the low end, there are literally millions who don't trust people from outside the "hood" or the trailerpark enouugh to even speak to them. Walk into the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time as a stranger = get a bullet in your back.

Never before has this nation been so divided against itself into little enclaves. People preseume they know what is going on in these interlocking worlds, but really, they don't have a clue.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Meth keeps getting easier for people to make nowdays. The news says people make it in soda bottles now.

www.startribune.com...:_Yyc:aUU

This is the new formula for methamphetamine: a two-liter soda bottle, a few handfuls of cold pills and some noxious chemicals. Shake the bottle and the volatile reaction produces one of the world's most addictive drugs.

The new formula does away with the clutter of typical meth labs, and it can turn the back seat of a car or a bathroom stall into a makeshift drug factory. Some addicts have even made the drug while driving.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by buni11687]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
What I dont get is why people will say Heroin is such a bad drug and completely disregard pharmaceuticals such as Morphine, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone, and so on. As someone prescribed a very strong narcotic, there is no difference between me taking my medication daily for pain, and somebody out there on the street taking their heroin for pain. Granted the I.V. use is the main problem, other then that, heroin is no different then any of your pharmaceutical grade opiates. The stigma attached to it is far overrated.

Now, I will say ALL opiates are extremely physically addicting. I get so sick if I dont take my medication on time and its horrible. I would not wish it on anyone, even my worst enemy. The problem with opiates is that its not a mental addiction, meaning you want the drug. Its that you NEED the drug to function or else you'll be laid up in bed sweating, cold, kicking, shaking, and more depressed then you could ever imagine. Suicide is too common in people experiencing severe opiate withdrawal.

I do believe our government has a hand in the trafficking of opiates from south east Asia to the states, and has been for decades. It is a very lucrative business that not only makes them money, but also drives many different parts of our economy. The prison system, the rehab centers, police officers, drug enforcement agency, courts, lawyers, and the list could go on. Drugs create jobs, and that is why they will never stop with the "War on Drugs".

Also, in terms of safe use, opiates other then dependence, are actually very safe. Now I know people will say what about overdosing, but that is somebody abusing it as they would any other drug. To the responsible users, opiates are very safe for the body. I chose opiates over risky surgery, and would any day. The only bad part is the behavior of the addict, and that is not the fault of the drug, that is the fault of the user. Take your pills orally instead of shooting them for example, would be a way to minimize risk. This cannot be said for drugs such as meth, which the effects you can actually watch the person fall apart before your eyes. Cocaine in my opinion, as one has mentioned earlier, has almost become a status symbol for many of the high paid citizens of our country. Many lawyers, celebrities, and so on use coc aine as a way to deal with high stress, high energy jobs. Is this right? No. But that's what it has become in the last thirty years.

So what would fix this? Obviously legalizing all drugs would be a huge step in the right direction. We are not a free society, and never will be. The control and taxation of all things possible is the chains that bind us, and keep us as slaves, constantly pouring our hard work and effort into the hands of those who keep us down. A free society would be much safer, and would allow for the drugs to be regulated and sold in the safest manner. A big problem with the street drugs is you are not sure what you are getting. That would no longer be a problem. Gangs would lose their financing, crime would drop significantly, and people could actually maintain a active and productive lifestyle even while dependent on something such as heroin. That is if they are not abusing it. Moderation is always key, with anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

The price of herion has fallen in recent years in the UK. The price of coc aine has dropped by almost a third.

I'm not entirely sure whats going on here, but I do know that something is not right.

1) Last year or the year before, something like half of the world's heroin supply "vanished." There was an article on it; wish I could find it. Maybe now that "vanished" heroin is making it to the street, dropping the price (supply/demand)

2) Europe is going through a "coc aine boom" much like the USA did in the 1980s. Part of what has happened is that shipping lanes have changed. From what I understand, a lot of coc aine is brought into Europe via Africa, making it more undetectable and flooding the continent with larger amounts of cheaper product.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join