It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Captured UK sailor calls for troops out of Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Iran: Captured UK sailor calls for troops out of Iraq

www.cnn.com

"Isn't it time for us to start withdrawing our forces from Iraq and let them determine their own future?" said the letter, addressed to the British Parliament and released to media organizations by the Iranian embassy in London, England.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-3-2007 by noyhcat]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Can the Iranian government be so silly as to assume the international community to believe that British military personnel would willingly, at the hands of a hostile government, publicly question Britain's Iraq policy? Is the Iranian government arrogant enough to rate the international community so gullible as to accept such a statement to have been made freely? Don't forget Iran's history in which, in 2004, captured soldiers were subjected to mock executions...

www.cnn.com

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by noyhcat

Can the Iranian government be so silly as to assume the international community to believe that British military personnel would willingly, at the hands of a hostile government, publicly question Britain's Iraq policy? Is the Iranian government arrogant enough to rate the international community so gullible as to accept such a statement to have been made freely? Don't forget Iran's history in which, in 2004, captured soldiers were subjected to mock executions...

www.cnn.com

What she says is true.

We shouldnt be in Iraq.

Did it ever cross your mind that she actually really means what she says?

The Iranian government are not silly they speak the truth.

Why can we not question our own countries policy? Should we just sit back and let our government do what they like without questioning them?

I ask you is our British history any better than the Iranians?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
**UPDATE**

Iran airs second sailor 'apology'
A second member of the Royal Navy crew captured in the Gulf has apologised for trespassing in Iranian waters, in a broadcast on Iranian television.
He was quoted as saying: "We entered Iranian waters without permission and were arrested by Iranian coastguards."
"I would like to apologize to the Iranian people for that."

For me anything these sailors say, while being at the hands of the Iranian government, carries absolutely no credibility.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Still, it is unlikely for military personnel to question the orders of its superiors, I find it even less likely that such a thing would happen -willingly- at the hands of a potentially hostile government.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

**UPDATE**

A second member of the Royal Navy crew captured in the Gulf has apologised for trespassing in Iranian waters, in a broadcast on Iranian television.
He was quoted as saying: "We entered Iranian waters without permission and were arrested by Iranian coastguards."

For me anything these sailors say, while being at the hands of the Iranian government, carries absolutely no credibility.

Anyway, whoever it is has done well to apologise.

If he really really disagreed with the Iranians and truly supported his "Country" dont you think he would make a point to the Iranians?

Like say sacrifice his life for his country?

No because he knows what our country is doing and it isnt worth risking his own life for.

Its all a set up can you not see?

[edit on 30-3-2007 by markjaxson]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The British are a lot more civilized than the Iranians and don't blow themselves up for Allah and other nonsense.
We aren't at war with Iran YET. So they have no reason to "sacrifice themselves for their country" as you so eloquently put it.
They aren't as crazy as them.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

The British are a lot more civilized than the Iranians and don't blow themselves up for Allah and other nonsense.
We aren't at war with Iran YET. So they have no reason to "sacrifice themselves for their country" as you so eloquently put it.
They aren't as crazy as them.

You really think that?

We are just as bad except we make ourselves appear to be "civilized".

But yet we still rape,murder,lie,cheat,steal etc.

We just dont blow ourselves up, we rely on the government and the army to do that for us, we dont kill ourselves for our God...Oh no that would be silly, so instead we kill ourselves by invading other countries and supporting it.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

**UPDATE**

If he really really disagreed with the Iranians and truly supported his "Country" dont you think he would make a point to the Iranians?

No because he knows what our country is doing and it isnt worth risking his own life for.

Mark, in which world do you live in? Don't you know what torture can do to people? You know, you sit behind the computer and go on about how these soldiers in captivity should just sacrifice their lives if they think what the UK government is doing is right? Just the possibility of execution will get most people to concur and elaborate on anything the perpetrator says, military or no. DO you want to deny this? If you don't then merely considering this fact AND that the Iranian government has done these things in the past should get you thinking...
We can debate about this the whole day but the fact remains that the captured sailors are at the hands of the Iranian government which has in the past, in an almost identical situation, tortured.

apc

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
They probably aren't being tortured. The woman probably broke under psychological pressure. The guy was probably planted in front of a camera with a knife placed under his johnson.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
They probably aren't being tortured. The woman probably broke under psychological pressure. The guy was probably planted in front of a camera with a knife placed under his johnson.

Torture is defined by the United Nations Convention Against Torture as "any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity."

Source

apc

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yes yes, I agree with your position. I'm just saying I strongly doubt they've had any bamboo shoved under their fingernails, been strapped to car batteries, or any real torture. Because of the likelihood that these captives will eventually be released, releasing them all beat up and bloody would guarantee any terms agreed to would be voided.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

**UPDATE**

Mark, in which world do you live in? Don't you know what torture can do to people? You know, you sit behind the computer and go on about how these soldiers in captivity should just sacrifice their lives if they think what the UK government is doing is right? Just the possibility of execution will get most people to concur and elaborate on anything the perpetrator says, military or no. DO you want to deny this? If you don't then merely considering this fact AND that the Iranian government has done these things in the past should get you thinking...
We can debate about this the whole day but the fact remains that the captured sailors are at the hands of the Iranian government which has in the past, in an almost identical situation, tortured.

The same as you.

Yes i know what torture can do,But do these people look like they have been tortured for days on end? Sleep deprived? Bruises everywhere?

Of course not.

The woman sent a letter to her family saying she was ok.

She was allowed to do this, they are feeding them and treating them well.

The British were in the wrong,they were in Iranian seas!

And the British accepted and apologised.

Now it is time for our British Government to accept and apologise, but is this going to happen... I dont think so.

The only thing Iran wants to do is prove that our governments are wrong and evil. And keep out of other countries business.

Dont you understand?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Those people knew they were in Iranian waters.

The Iranians showed these people their evidence, the British understood and realised that our own government and military are up to something.

They were basically SET UP.

How hard is it to realise this?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Those people knew they were in Iranian waters.

The Iranians showed these people their evidence, the British understood and realised that our own government and military are up to something.

They were basically SET UP.

How hard is it to realise this?

Regarding all your posts on this subject all I can say is, "Guuuuuuh"

Do you believe every word in those letters came straight from Faye Turney's head? Think she uses the word "representatives" instead of MP? Why would she write that if she wasn't there she would be at home with her family? She would still be serving on board the HMS Cornwall.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

**UPDATE**

The same as you.

Yes i know what torture can do,But do these people look like they have been tortured for days on end? Sleep deprived? Bruises everywhere?

Of course not.

The woman sent a letter to her family saying she was ok.

She was allowed to do this, they are feeding them and treating them well.

The British were in the wrong,they were in Iranian seas!

And the British accepted and apologised.

Now it is time for our British Government to accept and apologise, but is this going to happen... I dont think so.

The only thing Iran wants to do is prove that our governments are wrong and evil. And keep out of other countries business.

Dont you understand?

Mark, do you think sleep deprivation is the only way to torture? How about I take you and a couple of your friends out to my house in the woods. I blind-fold you. I tell you: "If you don't call the bank and transfer all your money to my account I will first execute your friends and then you, and just to prove it to you I will execute one of your friends now." I get someone to quietly move one of your friends out of the room while maybe creating some noises so you can't hear what I'm doing. When your friend is out of hearing range I pull the trigger of a gun and fire it in the air. You will now think I have just killed your friends! I leave the room, give you time to think about what i have just done, I come back. Then I take another one of your friends... I do this until you tell me you will transfer the money. Or hey, "...I heard you have a daughter living in a place not to far way, maybe I'll send someone to look after her?" Or "...how ever will your daughter grow up without a mother..."? Get my point?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
@Mark

??????????

Oks now you have me confused....

On other threads you take down Iran for detaining those service/men,women now your saying that you support Iran?

Those sailors/marines were not in Iranian waters.....

The MoD proved that....

An anyways does not take a scientist to work out the co-ordinates of where they were, But to hand over a set off co-ordinates, then 5 days later come bac and say oh sorry we got the co-ordinates wronggg, come on give me a freakin break.........

I really think those guys have been set up by Iran to use a propoganda tools, and it is not going to work with the UK, so they might as well give up and hand those sailors/marines back.....

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Its not like they are SAS special forces there just an inspection team. Also most of them will have seen the beheading's on the internet .
i would say tony blair is a lizard and the queen is a shape shifter rather than have my head chopped off. (and icky would back me up.)

At the backs of there minds they will be thinking they might never see home again.

poor b*stards

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

On other threads you take down Iran for detaining those service/men,women now your saying that you support Iran?

I cant remember taking down Iran in any of my threads?

If i did i have now realised whats going on...

Here...

"The Iran/Iraq maritime boundary shown on the British government map does not exist. It has been drawn up by the British Government. Only Iraq and Iran can agree their bilateral boundary, and they never have done this in the Gulf, only inside the Shatt because there it is the land border too. This published boundary is a fake with no legal force,"

"Accepting the British coordinates for the position of both HMS Cornwall and the incident, both were closer to Iranian land than Iraqi land. Go on, print out the map and measure it. Which underlines the point that the British produced border is not a reliable one."

Source

Maybe it was a set up between both countries.

No?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
How can you take the evidence produced by the MoD as being accurate? the position of the ship that the gps points to could have been moved afterwards could it not?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join