It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe it or not...South Park just got SICKER! They killed off the Queen on their show!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What are you thinking letting your kids watch it?
If you do't like South Park then switch off! I think its quite refreshing to see some bad taste telly which bucks the trend of all the political correctness.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
OMGZ, they killed the Queen...

So what? It is entirely fictional, and the show is designed to challenge the boundaries of what is exceptable and what isn't, thats what its all about!

Taking Southpark at face value is like taking the Bible at face value...You need to read between the lines! Matt and Trey are clever people, and obviously their work goes straight over some peoples heads.

I love Southpark to bits, and i rate it higher than the Simpsons now. I also think Season 11 is turning out to be amazing, poking fun at global warming, 9/11, and now the imperialistic dominance of the British.

Also, the timing of the "snuke in mrs clintons snizz" i think is quite amusing. If there were to be a staged nuclear attack, now is going to be the time.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm sick of hearing how South Park or a video game (e.g. Grand Theft Auto ) are responsible for corrupting our kids.!!! These things are designed for adult consumption, not for kids!!

Here in the UK when SP or GTA is released on DVD it is an 18 certificate!!!! 18 means over 18years old!! Not for kids.

These parents who complain about inappropriate material for children are the ones with the problem. If they were proper parents who were interested in their kids development then they would realise that this sort of material is not appropriate nor intended for children and keep their kids away from it!

Its no change from when i was a kid and there were movies that were blamed for messing with kids (Childs Play etc) I didn't get to see these flicks until i was much older (17-18) since i have responsible parents who realised what was appropriate for children.

Stop blaming society and take some responsibility for having children uin the first place!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
some of the guys I work with watch this regularly, and are always talking about it at work, so when they said there was a show on that had hillary in it, I just had to take a peek!!

surprised no one's said anything about some of the stuff that was on it with hillary...but...
when I asked yesterday if they had watched it, the ones who did burst out laughing.....
and a few of your thought it was rather funny. to me, it seemed to be a show that might have been written by kids....I seen a few other southparks, and well, they've done better with the humor in the past. this one wasn't that funny, barely funny to be honest. as far as it being horrible that such a show is on, and what is it teaching our kids...

well, got to ask, what the heck are the kids doing up at 10 at night anyways? shouldn't they be under their soft covers, dreaming of mass extinctions or nuclear holocaust or something?
a cartoon showed the queen blowing her head off...so what? look hard enough you can probably find real life video of american troops and iraqis getting blown to bits, and we're still sending the main actors of those videos over to play their part.

I don't particularly like south park, guess my sense of humor is defective or something, but others do. so, what's wrong with those that do watching it, and I just go join the kids and crawl under my soft blankies for the night? what, is homeland security in your house with a gun to your head making you watch it as their interrogation technique?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So what if they killed the Queen.

They also shown Prophet Muhammed (who was of course censored).

And they killed Kenny alot of times too.

South Park is an Awesome cartoon - but no, it is not for Kids.

Sometimes even I am disguested by what they show.

Yet I just have to say, I LOVE IT!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The creators of South Park know that you have to be loud, obnoxious and obscene in order to get people's attention and make people wake up and think. And they do a great job of it. Only the "sheeple" would be offended by that.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

There is actually an old south park episode with uncensored mohammad, it is called Super Best Friends or something like that. It has all the prophets working together to fight evil. Back then the media had no reason to demonise anyone so there was no outrage at all. Ah, the good old times...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Wow.... they killed the Queen.... and?

She isn't good for anything. All she does is act like a glorified meet and greeter. As a British citizen born and bred I can honestly say I couldn't care less.

South Park isn't a children's show. It isn't made for you to sit down and watch as a family (how many times do you need to hear the curses in there to figure it out?)
South Park is one of the funniest programs on television because it is so offensive. It goes out there and says what we all can't because of our extremely oversensitive societies.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan
First,i have to ask the OP, did you even watch the episode? Or did you just read a headline somewhere? I didnt see it myself,was watching a movie. But many people will post about SP without viewing the episode themselves.

Secondly......OH NO!............South Park did/said/showed something offensive to someone,somewhere? What shall we do?

The show's not for kids. Its not on free local tv. It's not on at 8:00 pm. I'ts for adults. If you cant read the underlying message of the show,then.....dont know what to say.

South park makes fun of every race,religion,nation, equally.

BTW: Team America: World Police should be standard viewing for high school seniors.Especially college kids.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

I'll be honest with all of you, I have a wierd sense of humor myself.

BUT... there are lines that even I don't cross when it comes to extremes.

I was trying to convey the fact that south park is likened to a roman bread and circus. IMO

I think they (the writers) raised the sick bar a few more levels with each episode they televise. It just gets worse AND WORSE.

It's like they are having a contest to see just how much they can get the audience to laugh their arses off over 'the inane'.

I've seen a few episodes here and there, know of the characters.

*just how many times can they kill kenny off.
* Mr. Hanky? Holy moly, 'a piece turd' that is supposed to symbolize a specific holiday/ethics?

Isn't Mr. Hanky supposed to be the little Jew kids (forgot his name/help me out?) only friend? What the hey is that supposed to tell the viewer?

Just how far will the writers of south park go?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If you got offended by that, dont watch the one where Mr Slave puts Paris Hilton up his arse or the one where Jimmy keeps on getting hard ons and goes to see nutgobbler the prostitute.

Theres loads of things more offensive to people that the Queen killing herself.

My guess is you havent a clue what the show is about if you consider letting your kids watch it.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So what if they killed the Queen.

ah ah ah...
In that episode Matt and Trey had a plan B. They expected to get censored, so they included Muhammed in the opening credits and just didn't tell Comedy Central. Considering that what Muhammed was going to be depicted as doing was inoccuous, whether he was in the credits or in the "Family Guy" episode didn't matter. When your entire show is bootleg CGI, changing things is like manipulating text in a word processor.

Also, they had Muhammed on a few years back in an episode entitled "Super Best Friends" in which Jesus, Muhammed, Buddha, Krishna, Joseph Smith, Lao Tsu, and Seaman must fight the cult of David Blaine.

And as for the original poster, you can't be serious. South Park is one of the few shows on television that is rated TV-MA and has never been intended for children or even sensitive adults. In fact, all responsible parents should have a v-chip that doesn't allow TV-14, and especially TV-MA to be viewed.

In a world of crappy television South Park sells cable subs. If it weren't for South Park, The Daily Show, and Battlestar Galactica my HDTV would be a fancy video game monitor and my Cablevision sub would be an internet service provider.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I keep an eye on what my kids watch on TV.

I doubt this statement. Also, why are they even up at the hour that South Park comes on?

The days of Saturday morning cartoons are a thing of the past.

South Park has never advertised themselves as such. Obviously, you do not watch TV on Saturday mornings, because they still show good cartoons for kids.

It's VERY DISTURBING to watch what the writers of different cartoon shows are portraying to kids today. It's getting worse and worse.

It's becoming a free for all, ANYTHING GOES, attitude that has been increasingly strangling any shred of morals for society today.

You made a point to single out South Park though, so why the lumping of all cartoons now?

Imagine your kids watching a cartoon show that SHOWS you how to put a gun to your mouth and kill yourself?!?

What about the Road Runner and the coyote fella? Let's make bombs and blow each other up! Elmer Fudd has thrown his gun in the face of Bugs Bunny many times.

I know a lot of you will say, "I watched looney tunes, they didn't make me do anything bad?" or "Turn on the news for sum bloodshed?"

This is a valid point, no matter how you want to disregard it. It isn't our fault that you feel your kids were not brought up the correct way to disregard these images as fantasy.

I want to hear what's going on in your minds.

Hope I helped....

Might I add, that if you think this was more sicker or disturbing than anything South Park has done in the past, then you absolutely have no clue what you are talking about.....

This whole topic reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Marge gets Itchy and Scratchy shut down.... Later though, her influence is reduced in that she approves of the Statue of David coming to Springfield....

How far do you think censorship should go?

As other posters stated, South Park is NOT intended for kids or sensitive adults....

If you can't handle it, get a v-chip or do away with your TV altogether.....

If you want to talk about polluting kids minds, go check out some MTV programming sometime...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Queen kills herself because England failed to successfully invade America. I really don't think the Queen cares, if she knew about it, she'd probably laugh.

It's edgy irreverent humor. Remember Cartman's anal probe. Someone sure likes milking the sympathy out of that one, but never a peep on it's obvious homophobic, misogynist origins.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
South Park is just plain funny.

I went through a moral dilemma at one point about whether I should watch it or not, and I choose to continue with the entertainment.

It is funny and it makes some good satirical points regarding current events. They definitely push buttons and hit nerves on peoples belief systems.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Isn't Mr. Hanky supposed to be the little Jew kids (forgot his name/help me out?) only friend? What the hey is that supposed to tell the viewer?

Only friend? Okay, no more South Park for you. Go watch Friends or...

good lord, I can't even think of an awful pop cultu...

oh wait, yes I can. Go watch American Idol...

see, I'm not a complete pop culture illiterate.

So no, Kyle, the Christ killing Jew, is best friends with Stan. The two characters are the alter-egos of the show's creators.

You've created this thread and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, Matt and Trey push the show to more and more extremes, after all, we're sort of still a free nation, so why shouldn't they. With free speech, either all of it is okay, or none of it is. Hell, sometimes the show isn't that funny, but it always makes some sort of point.

South Park is big, fat, socially and politically satirical, completely irreverant comedy that is meant for adults. To take is as anything else is foolish beyond words.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I love South Park, but I love offensive comedy

Cartman "Now, who got rid of the muslims?" "Cartman Raises Hand"

Even tho South Park is a very funny but immature show it usally has a good message at the end of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This debate comes down to FREE SPEECH. If you take anything in South Park seriously, you shouldn't be watching it. After all, the new episodes air on Comedy Central, about an hour before the Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Do you take them as serious news outlets? Specific episodes of South Park like this have a huge underlying message, which turns out to be positive, they just use shock factor throughout the whole episode so you're too busy going "Oh, that's messed up" rather than seeing the complete message.

The message for this episode is obviously not to stereotype people of middle eastern ancestory because it's a diversion since there may just be a snuke in your presidential candidates which is also a diversion of the British invading America which really falls back on you may have been right when racially profiling the muslim people because it may ultimately lead to the real terrorists being discovered. Or not..

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
South PArk is for mature audience only.

kids can watch it, if they arent ignorant, and become easily influenced by a television program.

honestly, i believe south park has alot of meaningful things.

yea, they curse alot, and are violent sometimes.

but its a cartoon, and they use that to their advantage. becuase ANYTHING is possible in cartoons.... and thats just what they do on south park.

how can you hate on the show? its halarious.

"south park just got SICKER"

get out of here with that rubbish

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
don't tell me what my kids can and can't watch.
besides, all they are doing is provoking you into the exact response you made.
its a cartoon. its just entertainment.
personally i think ALL tv is garbage anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Another South Park lover here. Another to say that it's not a children's show. I don't believe the OP actually said their children watch it, but if they do, it's like letting your kid watch Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill... The messages in South Park aren't meant for children. They're meant for adults with a somewhat sick sense of humor.
Like myself and others here.

Animation does not a children's show make.

There are several things on SP that gross me out, Mr. Hankey being one, but I absolutely LOVE the social commentaries the show makes! I love the characters, including Mr. (now Mrs.) Garrison and Butters is just my favorite!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join