It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe it or not...South Park just got SICKER! They killed off the Queen on their show!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I keep an eye on what my kids watch on TV.

The days of Saturday morning cartoons are a thing of the past.

South Park cartoon shows death of Queen Elizabeth II

It's VERY DISTURBING to watch what the writers of different cartoon shows are portraying to kids today. It's getting worse and worse.

It's becoming a free for all, ANYTHING GOES, attitude that has been increasingly strangling any shred of morals for society today.

Imagine your kids watching a cartoon show that SHOWS you how to put a gun to your mouth and kill yourself?!?

I know a lot of you will say, "I watched looney tunes, they didn't make me do anything bad?" or "Turn on the news for sum bloodshed?"

I want to hear what's going on in your minds.

Mod Edit: Fixed the long link.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
South Park is intended to a satire of society, not a children's cartoon. If you let your kids watch it, you are not a good parent.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What's the big deal? South Park was never intended to be viewed by children, but by adults. That's why it's so late at night on Comedy Central. It was never on saturday morning cartoons.

And if you think South Park is bad, wait till you see Adult Swim late at night on Cartoon Network... OR Family guy... Or Duckman (from the mid 90's)

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Enh, I still think South Park is more provocative than all of those.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
South Park is the most stupid cartoons ever created, period. Not even adults
should watch that garbage, and keep your children away from it, it only
pollutes their minds. (thats just my opinion though)...

Over here in Holland and Belgium they also know how to abuse
symbolism and subliminals:

img214.imageshack.us...

These symbolic messages are/were hidden in a few seconds of video
that plays right after a program and just before the commercials
come along. Very disturbing to say the least.

img221.imageshack.us...

These subliminals were found in various Adult Television Entertainment
episodes in 2001, they are still repeated in various countries around the
world.

Dont believe it? Go tape ATE when it comes around and you'll see it is
really there. (not all episodes have it)

[edit]
www.momo-development.com...
www.tobyornottoby.com.../artikelen/subliminalintro.htm~actueel

Thats the websites where you can read more, its in Dutch though.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by zren]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
zren, that subliminal stuff has nothing to do with south park.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
zren, that subliminal stuff has nothing to do with south park.

Yeah - but interesting.

(although strange image sizes don't match up, or at least one of em)

[edit on 29/3/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
south park is a awesome show. you have to think outside the box and read between the lines. this show always has an important message or moral. the shock factor is needed to get attention.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
south park is a awesome show. you have to think outside the box and read between the lines. this show always has an important message or moral. the shock factor is needed to get attention.

Mr. Hankey the christmas poo, he's small and brown and he comes from you.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I have to agree here. If it wasn't for the bed time story that south park provides, I will never go to sleep, and if I did, I would have nightmares! Where is my night light? If you let your kids watch it that doesn't make you a bad parent. It makes you a bad parent when you don't explain the message beyond the cartoon, and just "protect" their innocent little mind from it completely. If you don't, there friends, who's parents let them watch it without an explanation, will tell him about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't have kids, but if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't let them watch SP. Yeah, I think it's hilarious and makes good points but I just think it's irresponsible to let a child who has a lot of mental developing left to go watch that stuff. Children will probably not get the underlying and usually positive messages in the show but they will soak up the crudeness.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You guys must not have read the disclaimer at the beginning of each South Park episode.

I clearly states it should not be viewed by anyone. It does not get clearer than that folks. If you ignored the disclaimer you got what you deserved.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by shooterbrody
You guys must not have read the disclaimer at the beginning of each South Park episode.

I clearly states it should not be viewed by anyone. It does not get clearer than that folks. If you ignored the disclaimer you got what you deserved.

I can't read

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Of all things to be offended by a cartoon of the queen blowing her head off is the bottom of the totem pole. How about the televised suicide of Bud Dwyer which some stations aired even when they could have avoided it? How about the daily footage of carnage out of the middle east, the bloody sheets paraded in front of cameras during the beltway sniper period? Nah those are fine, but the fake stuff is bad...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Nowthen
Is that because you watch to much tv?

I also adore South Park. Those guys are the only ones on tv with the stones to take a stand on any social issue. That and they are very funny.

[edit on 30/3/2007 by shooterbrody]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I knew somebody was going to bring that up...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I agree with the majority here, it's not a kids show. So don't let em' watch it!

I actually thought it was a really funny episode last night.

Cartman's interrogation technique was hilarious

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
First,i have to ask the OP, did you even watch the episode? Or did you just read a headline somewhere? I didnt see it myself,was watching a movie. But many people will post about SP without viewing the episode themselves.

Secondly......OH NO!............South Park did/said/showed something offensive to someone,somewhere? What shall we do?

The show's not for kids. Its not on free local tv. It's not on at 8:00 pm. I'ts for adults. If you cant read the underlying message of the show,then.....dont know what to say.

South park makes fun of every race,religion,nation, equally.

BTW: Team America: World Police should be standard viewing for high school seniors.Especially college kids.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
1.:
In Europe (at least as far as I know) in most countries guns are illegal.
Which means no gun to put in your mouth.

2.:
Unless they think it's cool and are like 3~8 years old, they should be responsible enough to not try to commit suicide.

I don't really know that many people (even little kids) that are retarded enough to re-act what they see on TV (with the exception of quotes or bodily movements).

But then again, i've read a gazillion articles about people in America who die because they did something that happened in a videogame.
At least way more than in the rest of the world, oh well.

And the South Park disclaimer = true.
Which makes everyone that complains about it ignorant.

[edit on 30/3/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I agree with what people said here: South Park is NOT intended for children, it is for adults.

And it is hilarious.

The latest episode was very funny, specially if you watch 24

Much more horrible things are shown on prime time news and on talk shows which air during the day. South Park is nothing compared to that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join