It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Mob Calls for Execution of Brits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Its not a racist remark. The country is jacked up and thats what I was trying to say. Not that I hate them for their religion or race.

check the definitions of racism
link

You are judging everyone who lives in Iran to be a certain way in a manner that would be no different if you would say that everyone who's black are ''jacked up''

How is that not a racist concept?

I don't need to look at a definition of racist, to me racist also means when you take a whole country and judge them to be a certain way just because they are from that very country...

You are judging everyone who lives in Iran to be a certain way in a manner that would be no different if you would say that everyone who's black are ''jacked up''
No I am not, Nice try.
I said the country is jacked up! It does not mean I'm a racist. It means that they are jacked up on a governmental level. Not on a personal or individual level.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

No I am not, Nice try.
I said the country is jacked up! It does not mean I'm a racist. It means that they are jacked up on a governmental level. Not on a personal or individual level.

It's not a matter of trying.

No, you said that the whole country is a mob and the subject of the mob in this thread was people who wanted to murder the detained soldiers.

I am not trying to bring you down my friend, i am just trying to bring some peace in your thinking.

And also if you think Iran is jacked up on a governmental level then what do you consider USA to be? Perfect? I am sorry to tell you but USA is one of the worst of them all.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by selfless]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

And also if you think Iran is jacked up on a governmental level then what do you consider USA to be? Perfect? I am sorry to tell you but USA is one of the worst of them all.

Have you actually studied intensively all the governments of the world? Or do are you saying the US is one of the worst because you hear about the US government the most?

Also, what is one of the worst? Like the top 100? Top 10?

Just curious.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Have you actually studied intensively all the governments of the world? Or do are you saying the US is one of the worst because you hear about the US government the most?

Also, what is one of the worst? Like the top 100? Top 10?

Just curious.

I did not say that other governments are all loving and peaceful.

I was using USA as an example because of the previous posts of the person i replied to.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Everyone hates America, that is until they are attacked or taken hostage etc..
Then its like "Hey why isn't America doing anything about this?" We are damned if we do and damned if we don't

Not that I really care though. Iran has been asking for it since 1979, so this is as good excuse as any. Although I highly doubt that the fate of 15 sailors, British or American, would be a cause for war.
I just heard today on the news that an American boat and helicopter "somehow" knew what was going on and apparently rushed to their aid. To little to late but it would've been nice if they would've gotten there in time and derailed Iran's actions.
This isnt meant to be a negative against England at all, theyve always been there for us no matter what the worlds opinions are. I am speaking more in general terms.
I think the world is holding their breath right now just waiting on Englands next move because they know that whatever Englands move is, is also Americas move.
My rambling is over

edited to add: And yes, the Islamic state of Iran is "jacked" up they spout out rhetoric whose ignorance is only rivaled by Kim blah blah of North Korea

[edit on 29-3-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Kronos please don't take offense when someone says something against USA it's not directed at you as a person who lives on the land called America.

If i lived in USA i would not be offended if someone said something bad about USA. in fact i would still dislike USA if i lived there and i would probably get out of USA.

I also would not get offended if someone would bad mouth the land ''country'' i am currently living on.

And saying that everyone in Iran is ''jacked up'' sounds like a brutal brain washed perspective.

It's not the people of Iran's fault that they live where they do just like it's not a person's fault they live in any other countries for that matter.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
God bless Iran for standing up to tyranny from fascist governments!

Allah Akbar!

Funny.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I think the world is holding their breath right now just waiting on Englands next move because they know that whatever Englands move is, is also Americas move.
My rambling is over

[edit on 29-3-2007 by Kr0n0s]

Hopefully - a lot of ribbing goes on, in the end you gotta know where your friends are.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Everybody wants a peaceful solution to this, which is commendable. But there is a harsh reality here. They have illegally taken British soldiers. They are also in the process of making nuclear weapons.

I dont quite follow the people calling for a peaceful solution to all of this as its clear that this country is run by terrorists. Once they have their hand on nuclear weapons they would certainly use them.

One way or another they have to be disarmed. They just cannot be trusted. It is only a question of time, how long will the world wait, and will they wait too long because of all the people calling for peace and diplomatic solutions (non solutions).

War is horrible, but sometimes its the only option. If i have a choice of getting my country bombed? Or theirs? Which would I choose. It really is that simple.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
England doesn't play. This would be the chance that Parliment needs to go full out. The government is the kind that would level a city for such a thing. I would sit back with some pop corn and watch it all live on tv. This is just what the Coalition would need to level Iran.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I found a link to a picture of the MOB

Funny, I thought that Iran's population was considerably higher....

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazer1
One way or another they have to be disarmed. They just cannot be trusted. It is only a question of time, how long will the world wait, and will they wait too long because of all the people calling for peace and diplomatic solutions (non solutions).

Why don't they disarm the UK and US? Why do they not have the right to the nuclear bomb if Israel and the West are allowed? Doesn't this seem a bit skewed?

Have we not (the West) done much more atrocious things for the sake of peace (see Japanese internment camps, bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, inaction in Darfur and the Congo genocides--and there's more we haven't even mentioned, the two current wars; Afghanistan and Iraq, a war on the US people; the war on drugs, another war on the US people and citizens worldwide; the war on terror, and the list goes on and on).

Is this because they are a Muslim country and shouldn't be trusted because of that?

I find everyone's argument for why the British soldiers should be released and the war argument VERY VERY WEAK!!!

Come up with some better responses. #, the Iraq war had at least a little bit better of an excuse.

What do you define as a terrorist? Someone who has a different ideology than you and thinks you are in the wrong? I would say most Christian fundamentalists are on the same page as the Islamic fundamentalists. All they want is blood and war.

Does this sound like the God of the new testament that says turn the other cheek? I do not think so.

Does this sound like the God of the bible who gives commandments telling you to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR?

People are people. The whole infallible argument is a grand excuse to place the blame on someone else, or our nature that is already corrupted.

Give me a frigging break. Wake up. War is NOT the answer to our problems. War will bring more war, simple as that.

Until you realize how FUTILE conflicts are, and actually read your freaking book, don't even talk to me.

GET OUT OF MY FACE YOU HYPOCRITICAL BULL#ERS!

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

WE ARE ALL OOONNNNEEEE! Wake up to that fact before Armageddon becomes a reality. I'm sure that's what most of you want, isn't it?

Pathetic.

B to the I to the G to the G to the I to the E

SMIZZLES

[edit on 29-3-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I love ATS!

A bunch of you are getting all upset at selfless because he is exposing you as hypocrites. In this thread you are defending The US as a great stand-up country and on other threads you're blaming the US govt for blowing up the twin towers. Do you see how amusing this is?

The US is full of war-mongerers that want to kick butt and take names, no matter how illegal or unprovoked it is. Don't get me wrong, I love to see crap blow up but at some point you gotta draw the line.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I find everyone's argument for why the British soldiers should be released and the war argument VERY VERY WEAK!!!

Why shouldn't the soldiers be released?

I lean towards most of your sentiments on those who want war, I think that once Iran has played out this scenario, they will release the soldiers and propagandize their STAND against the west, yada yada...

...maybe I misunderstand what you are saying, could you please elaborate your stance on whether the 15 captives should or should not be released.

J to the A to the C to the K to the A to the T to the M to the T to the N

Shizzle?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Of course I believe they should be released, but this does not mean the UK or US has the right to start a war over 15 soldiers. They should be released as soon as possible!

I am for peace and not for conflict. Iran is not behaving appropriately either, but everyone just needs to CHILL out.

You have greatly angered me (not the previous poster) by stating these ignorant remarks when you probably couldn't even point to Iran on a map.

Iran has as much of a right to exist as we do. Just because they captured British sailors who most likely were in Iranian waters anyway does not mean we have the right to bomb Tehran.

I do not believe in war. There will never be peace out of a bloody conflict.

Such is life.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You know what I find very funny, is if IRAN came over UK waters, They would have been captured, and all the same things would happen, you people are dumb to think that going to war with iran solves the problem, risking killing innocent people and children because of a few soldiers, there are other ways to solve problems, and I hope our leaders can be mature enough to do that.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
And you know one thing that REALLY pisses me off, is when people say, Iran is a evil bad country, blah blah, have you ever been to iran, ever lived there, How can you know?
Maybe the goverment is evil?, but the puplic? no, If ANY innocent people will get killed over this pathetic problem, I will be VERY UPSET.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You have greatly angered me (not the previous poster) by stating these ignorant remarks when you probably couldn't even point to Iran on a map.

ermm... find Iraq (you should recognise it from the telly!) go right a little bit - bingo!! Its that big one.

Looking at that map, you might get the impression that (if) Iran was due to be invaded, then occupying Iraq would of been a good idea (tactically speaking, like)

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Of course I believe they should be released, but this does not mean the UK or US has the right to start a war over 15 soldiers. They should be released as soon as possible!

I am for peace and not for conflict. Iran is not behaving appropriately either, but everyone just needs to CHILL out.

Thanks for clearing that up,

I can understand your emotion, but if you take a step back you can realize that many of the posters are being emotional as well,
"blowing off steam" so to say.

To put it in to perspective,

Let's say you and your crew were heading out for the evening to forget about the work week and enjoy yourself, you arrive at a club and are minding your own business, then some type of confrontation occurs, and a fight could possibly ensue.

You, being the peaceful one, would try to smooth out the situation and continue with your evening.

One of your buddies is being taunted and his adrenalin starts kickin in and he starts raging, but your words calm his rage and he resumes the festivities as well.

But the last buddy of yours enjoys the conflict, revels in it, and no matter what words of wisdom you give him, all he sees is red.

So most likely a scuffle ensues, damage is done, and your evening is ruined.

I don't know if I am telling this in a way that you understand my message, but let me put it this way.

There are many personalities here at ATS, some are your first friend,
some are like yourself, and there are some who no matter what you try to say, will always end up in a scuffle.

What you and I really have to hope for is that the leaders of the UK & Iran do not fall in the scuffling category.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yes JacKatMtn its really is up to our leaders, and I truly hope that they figure all this out in a most peacefull way, I really dont want to hear about children and people getting killed over this, after Iraq its enough already. Lets all hope for the best.

What Im worried about most is the Bush, I have a feeling this is just what Bush wants, so he can make his moves, and get checkmate. But I hope bush can also be peaceful.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join