It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Level Red = Martial Law?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is what I've heard. I'm praying that if it gets there it wont last long. I could not live in a country under martial law.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
But isnt it just soooo much easier when your decisions are made for you? I dont think it will go that far. You say "thats what I have heard", but where did you hear it, do you have sources, or is it a friend of a friend of a friend who knows this guy that saw a sign in the whitehouse about it?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I heard from a friend with some sources. Sounds pretty valid to me.

I found a link but I dont know how credible it is:
"Red Alert"

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by jrod]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I heard from a friend with some sources.

doh
I just cant see it as being anything solid. Who are your friends sources, who do they work for, can they back it up?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Martial Law is inevitable. It's already here, but done in such a way as to make us 'think' we're still in control of our lives. We haven't been in control of our lives for decades. If it became apparent, there would be national chaos everywhere which is why the gov't doesn't tell us what's really going on behind the veil.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here are some more links for those who are too lazy to use Google:

We are inches from Martial Law
Ruminare This
South Jersey New(seems most credible to me)

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by jrod]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I notice that they are all the same quote. But thank you anyway. I will keep looking.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I do agree with Saphire, the peoples who are kept without trial and don't have the right to see a lawyer is a pretty good example. ( Guantanamo ) But I still think that the martial law will only be decreted if Bush is going to loose the nearly election. Reminds me that thread about Tommy Franks saying that the martial law was near...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Didn't Tommy Franks recently say that in the event of another major terror attack he thought the constitution would not survive?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
Didn't Tommy Franks recently say that in the event of another major terror attack he thought the constitution would not survive?

This sounds interesting, since I am not sure how to do research on alot of this topics is there something that I would type in to tell me more about this Tommy Frank and the constitution thing.

As far as martial law if you look at the things they are slowly putting out under the HomeLand Security issue, you will see things already are going more that way.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

"The state will restrict transportation and access to critical
locations," says the state's new brochure on dealing with terrorism.

"You must adhere to the restrictions announced by authorities and prepare
to evacuate, if instructed. Stay alert for emergency messages."

Caspersen went further than the brochure. "The government agencies would
run at a very low threshold," he said.

"The state police and the emergency management people would take control
over the highways.

All of those measures are unconstitutional.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
All of those measures are unconstitutional.

But of course they are "justified" in order to keep us "safe from all the terrorists" right? Since when has the government cared whether or not something is constitutional?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
All that matters is that big brother holds our hand and keeps us safe from the commies ,I mean the drug addicts, I mean the terriosts

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Personally, it will happen, just look at what General Tommy Franks said awhile ago. It was something along the lines, "If there is a major biological/chemical terrorist act, i would think martial law would be in effect."

Hey i found a link.

and here's what he said.

"It means the potential of a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist, massive, casualty-producing event somewhere in the Western world - it may be in the United States of America - that causes our population to question our own Constitution and to begin to militarize our country in order to avoid a repeat of another mass, casualty-producing event. Which in fact, then begins to unravel the fabric of our Constitution. Two steps, very, very important."

www.workingforchange.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   

"It means the potential of a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist, massive, casualty-producing event somewhere in the Western world - it may be in the United States of America - that causes our population to question our own Constitution and to begin to militarize our country in order to avoid a repeat of another mass, casualty-producing event. Which in fact, then begins to unravel the fabric of our Constitution. Two steps, very, very important."

www.workingforchange.com...

DOES THIS NOT SCARE YOU! HE HATES OUR CONSTITUTION!

"...Which in fact, then begins to unravel the fabric of our Constitution. Two steps, very, very important."

He wants a MILITARY GOVERNMENT! I've read the Cigar Aficionado, and the article scared the sh|t out of me.

If this guy thinks this, how many others do?!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Martial Law is inevitable. It's already here, but done in such a way as to make us 'think' we're still in control of our lives. We haven't been in control of our lives for decades. If it became apparent, there would be national chaos everywhere which is why the gov't doesn't tell us what's really going on behind the veil.

How does that theory work then?

You can leave your house whenever you want, buy whatever you want from shops, travel wherever and whenever you want, work wherever you want, talk to whoever you want, SAY whatever you want, vote for whoever you want, have a relationship with whoever you want, drive whatever type of vehicle you can afford, listen to whatever type of music you want, live wherever you want, access information from every country on the planet whenever you want, hell, you can even leave the country and travel the world if you want.....the list goes on.....

Man, you're REALLY being shortchanged when it comes to controlling your own life ain't ya?

Somebody really needs to do you the favour of invading your oppressed country and enforcing a bit of liberational regime change.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"It's already here, but done in such a way as to make us 'think' we're still in control of our lives."

then whats the problem?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
"It's already here, but done in such a way as to make us 'think' we're still in control of our lives."

then whats the problem?

The best slave is one who thinks he is free.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

You got that right. People don't even realize it's already happened, to a degree. They're so easily manipulated.

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
The best slave is one who thinks he is free.

[Edited on 12-28-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"The best slave is one who thinks he is free."

then i must be a great slave.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join