It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pledge to Impeach, a plan to force Congress to Impreach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Here is a new plan to force Congress to impeach the president, basically as I understand it, you sign the petition and it gives Congress three deadlines to impeach, if they have not impeached by the third deadline, you threaten to go on strike until they impeach.

This person has already collected signatures, he hopes to be able to collect enough signatures to shut the country down if they do not impeach.

Personally I think it is going to take something like this to force them to impeach. Pelosi and all the others are full of it and IMO are as much a part of what is going on and as responsible as Bush himself, all of this political fighting between them is all just a show for us, but in the end they will do the bidding as told.

I think someone is definitely pulling all of their strings and it is not the American people.

www.pledgetoimpeach.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow no replies I figured at least you all would chime in with whether you think it would work or not.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It won't work! There are no Unions representing the common worker and there is too much competition for decent jobs. You strike - you're fired and replaced by someone eagerly waiting in the wings for your position. Sadly, employers are well within their rights to do this.

No, what this country needs is a peaceful coup d'etat to replace all of those worthless, bloated, overpaid bureaucrats that are ransacking this country. How? I'm not necessarily sure. But a general strike will fail unless more than 90% of the country supports it.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Impeachment will take place if Americans that are unhappy with the president policies will stand up and start mass protest all over the nation.

As we can tell by the way congress was won . . . many voters are not happy, but what they are doing is relying on their corrupted politicians to do the work they way is supposed to happen.

But they are not working for the American people any more.

Lets stand up and start screaming so our corrupted elected politicians get the point.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I agree with you guys that most people will be afraid of losing their income unless everyone does it. This guy that is starting this petition says that everyone he has asked to sign this has signed, even the guy who he got to print the petitions wanted to sign and did sign before he left the office.

But maybe it is going to take that kind of committment to bring about change. It seems that people in other countries are willing to risk for change, but here very few are willing. It is going to take millions marching on Washington to make any difference, but no one calls for that and if they did the media would not show it anyway, they are such a huge evil part of this.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You can't impeach a President just because you don't like him.

You didn't even name what the impeachable offense was. You can't because there is none.

If there was an impeachable offense, Democrats would have started proceedings the day they took over Congress.

A private citizen threatening to strike? What are you going to do, quit your job? Live in the streets? Hold your breath till you turn blue? My favorite would be a hunger strike!

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

You didn't even name what the impeachable offense was. You can't because there is none.

how about lying to the american public to start an illegal war?

if clinton got impeached for lying about his personal life, that's more than enough for impeachment to go through

If there was an impeachable offense, Democrats would have started proceedings the day they took over Congress.

there is that whole problem of gathering evidence first. they haven't even had a year, give them a chance

A private citizen threatening to strike? What are you going to do, quit your job? Live in the streets? Hold your breath till you turn blue? My favorite would be a hunger strike!

oooo, you're one of those people that insults heroes like gandhi, i see how it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Here is the document that is being presented and if you would have went to the first link it is easy to find.

www.pledgetoimpeach.org...

[edit on 1-4-2007 by goose]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
What has the president, or the congress for that matter, done to warrant impeachment? As a follow up, what will this accomplish?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Again read the link listing 18 reasons for impeachment. Click on the last link I listed, it goes directly to the articles of impeachment.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by goose]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Haha. I hope they strike. More jobs for me!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That did not sound liike a very good reason to impeach. Is there anything else you would like to add?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Impeachment for lying to the American public on Iraq?

Where do you think Bush got alot of him information from? Straight from the Clinton Administration.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." Bill Clinton

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." Madeline Albright, 1998

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." Bill Clinton in 1998

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." Mrs. Bill Clinton, October 10, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." Ted Kennedy, September 27, 2002

more here...

www.rightwingnews.com...

Don't hate the source! These are direct quotes.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
so bush attacked iraq and it's clinton's fault? that's bull right there. bush made a concious decision to propogate false information like the yellowcake intel (that they knew was old if they had the sense to look at the date). the attacked on false pretenses.

it doesn't matter where he got the intelligence, he MADE THE DECISION

conservatives, the "but clinton..." argument is getting old

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So Clinton gets no blame for his "lies?"

The "but Clinton..." arguement may be old, but not as old as the Bush-Bashing.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Uh, Clinton was not president. This war was propogated by the Bush administration. I think Clinton had absolutely nothing to do with the war.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Honestly if I had the same information I might have done the same thing. I haven't seen what exactly the information is so I can't be sure.

Isn't it Congress's fault, too? They authorized military action. Where's the Congress-bashing?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Lookie here now, by the time anybody could be convinced to do this Bush will be out of office anyway - gawd are you people still suffering sour grapes for the 2000 election or what?

Just count your blessings till January 09' then it'll all be behind you.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by etotheitheta
Uh, Clinton was not president. This war was propogated by the Bush administration. I think Clinton had absolutely nothing to do with the war.

History did not begin the day you were born. History also did not begin when Bush became President.

The problem with Clinton is he was all talk and no action. That led directly to 9/11. It also exasperated the situation in Iraq. So, yeah Clinton did have something to do with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That is a separate case.

Clinton does not need to justify the war, the war in iraq , as this was carried out by the bush administration. This much is clear and present. It cannot be anymore cut and dry. Why then do you still have theory that clinton started this war? I know it is conspiracy board, but you make little sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join