It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So......any more news on this Russian Intelligence???

According to Debka the Russian ministry of Defence is denying reports by the Russian media that there will be any military strike by the West on April 6.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was about to post the exact same thing. Sounds like there are some incredulous overzealous media outlets in Russia. If there IS a strike against iran, thats exactly what it will be...a strike. I knew the Russian reports were bogus when they said US troops were massing on the Iranian border. Some folks will believe anything though.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ok, i'm no expert in these matters but if i'm honest i can't see a full blown US invasion of Iran any time soon.

Having said that, im not too sure so could someone clarify-if an invasion did indeed take place, would it be the start of WW3? How would other countries ie. China and Russia react?

Or will it just be a quick in and out with little to no repercussions from other countries?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think you might find this article interesting:

"Theater Iran Near Term" (TIRANNT)

Revealed last April by William Arkin, a former US intelligence analyst, writing in the Washington Post, TIRANNT was first established in May 2003, following the invasion of Iraq:

"In early 2003, even as U.S. forces were on the brink of war with Iraq, the Army had already begun conducting an analysis for a full-scale war with Iran. The analysis, called TIRANNT, for "theater Iran near term," was coupled with a mock scenario for a Marine Corps invasion and a simulation of the Iranian missile force. U.S. and British planners conducted a Caspian Sea war game around the same time. And Bush directed the U.S. Strategic Command to draw up a global strike war plan for an attack against Iranian weapons of mass destruction. All of this will ultimately feed into a new war plan for "major combat operations" against Iran that military sources confirm now exists in draft form. [This contingency plan entitled CONPLAN 8022 would be activated in the eventuality of a Second 9/11, on the presumption that Iran would be behind it]

... Under TIRANNT, Army and U.S. Central Command planners have been examining both near-term and out-year scenarios for war with Iran, including all aspects of a major combat operation, from mobilization and deployment of forces through postwar stability operations after regime change."

"The broad national security interests and objectives expressed in the President's National Security Strategy (NSS) and the Chairman's National Military Strategy (NMS) form the foundation of the United States Central Command's theater strategy. The NSS directs implementation of a strategy of dual containment of the rogue states of Iraq and Iran as long as those states pose a threat to U.S. interests, to other states in the region, and to their own citizens. Dual containment is designed to maintain the balance of power in the region without depending on either Iraq or Iran. USCENTCOM's theater strategy is interest-based and threat-focused. The purpose of U.S. engagement, as espoused in the NSS, is to protect the United States' vital interest in the region - uninterrupted, secure U.S./Allied access to Gulf oil."

Now I suggest you read the entire article - especially the end;

Vigilant Shield 07

Now some people really should get their fun somewhere else, then playing imaginitive war games, where they kill millions of people in few hours. But very well - I know this kind of wargames are being played all the time, and that this is nothing new; I just wanted to present this certain "game" which is dealing specificly with Iran.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Anybody got any more info on this?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It appears that it was misinformation.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
LOL yeah thats an understatement!!! Those Russians sure have reliable new sources.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
In a few years from now iran will be in a wonderful position inorder to provoke nuclear blackmail, how many centrifuges will be churning up plutonium by then, sure they know somebody is going to bite back, but heck they dont care, they are suicidal anyways.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I guess constant airstikes against iran for a period of 25 years as a minimum time period against targets of interest would be a start against iran, and as backup, just in case they decide to get nasty, I would make the population there understand the pain of death caused by 500 megaton tripple RRR bombs will cause them. A little bit faster than the parilysing effect of neutron bombs which paralyse the victims flat on the street, hmmm maybe three to four days of extreme pain before death, rather than 7 to 8 days caused from neutron bombs. The most painful way to die imaginable, this must be shown and very well explained to them, hey dont worry, our deaths will be super instaneous, we also know can be suicidal if it comes to that, using hydrogen bombs inorder to blow ouselves up, where our deaths will be less than a second. Tripple RRR bombs is the way to go as a dissuasional trump card, oh Im just a newbie here, but I have decided to use my talents against evil like a good sagitarious, PS, loved your speech mcain this noon today, justice, righteousnous, and the protection of our children might be in your hands, iran is an important issue, and thier oil isnt necessary anymore, we dont need it. Show the enemy the incredible pain caused by the bombs like tripple RRR bombs will cause, and the enemy will think twice, God bless

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join