It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Significant late night trembler readings on Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood and Mt. Rainier.

St. Helens, South Ridge 16:45
St. Helens, Dome Station 21:40
St. Helens, South Ridge 21:40

Mt. Rainier, Longmire 19:00 & 22:00

Mt. Hood 22:10

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Glacier Peak West is going bizarre.

www.ess.washington.edu...

Mt. Hood webicorder is completely offline. I don't like that when that happens.

Moon Mountain of the 3-sisters is going ape-#

As well as Rattlesnake mountain

And Husband and Dodson Butte are looking jicky as well.

There's definitely something stirring beneath those big hills.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Okay, I had the indian prophecy farkled up.

Here it is in the words of Sun Bear, Chippewa Medicine Man:

A volcano that will devastate the Seattle area is foretold is an ancient prophecy from Washington State's Puyallup tribe, which says, "The time will come when Little Sister will speak, and Grandfather will answer. And the land will be swept clean to the ocean." Sun Bear explained that Donald Matheson, a leader of the Puyallup tribe, moved his people to Idaho in 1979 because he believed it was time for this prophecy to be fulfilled. In March 1980, the mountain that we call little sister began to whisper. May 18th of 1980, the Little Sister spoke with a cubic mile of mountain that was spread over the northwest area, and many other parts of the world... "The Little Sister is called Mount St. Helens. Soon, the Grandfather is going to answer so much bigger. That one is called Mt. Rainier." Indian prophecies also foretold worldwide environmental catastrophes such as the greenhouse effect, "changes in the seasons and in the weather, disappearance of wildlife, famine," and the ozone hole, which was referred to as a "hole in our lodging."

So, Mt. St. Helens is "little sister"

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
4.0 and 5.0 earthquakes off the Oregon coast happen with some regularity. The epicenter was directly overhead the
subduction zone and every so often a big chunk of plate can get subducted at once, which sends shockwaves
through the adjoining plate fractures. This would explain the seismic activity in the western ranges
of Oregon and Washington. Had this been a fault thrust or slip, it would've registered in a higher frequency
on the experimental spectrograms.

www.geophys.washington.edu...

As to the increased frequency in seismic activity worldwide, no doubt the winter solstice is affecting
gravity patterns, which could in turn cause seismic activity. I was thinking HAARP for awhile and there are
some peculiar readings but... I've been wathcing ElfRad like a hawk and it has barely chirped.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There still seems to be something up in the Cascades. All of the webicorders are wiggly and fuzzy - those are technical terms, of course.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I haven't seen much here about this, other than what is likely in the links, but to explain for those who don't know, Mt. Rainier is right smack next to the Seattle, WA metropolitan spread. Having been to Seattle often lately on business, I can tell you that if that mountain blows, you're looking at a death toll unheard of in modern times, from a natural disaster....likely in the order of tens of thousands, if not more...

This also isn't the first I've seen about this. There was a thread a while back (I remember, as it was only a couple days before my last flight there, hehe....), pointing to increased seismic activity there.... If I was in Seattle (as some of our members are), I'd definitely pay good attention to that mountain's activity.....

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Furthermore, this isn't entirely unusual activity. Most folks seem to forget that the whole area is part of the "Ring of Fire" of the Pacific and there are a number of active volcanos in and around the area. When you have any activity on one side of the Ring, it tends to cause activity around other points... just as when you drop a bar of soap into your bathtub, it does tend to spread ripples to all sides of that bathtub.

My friends still can point to damage from the Seattle earthquake that happened within the last 10 years and there's damage from other quakes that happened over the previous thousand years there if you know where to look for it.

If you guys will remember, there was a lot of warning about Mt. St. Helens. In recent years, volcano warning systems have been accurate enough to get people away from the vicinity of volcanos when there was a real danger rather than waiting till there was a disaster and saying "oops, sorry" afterwards.

I like volcanos, so I tend to follow stories about them -- the situation on Ranier bears watching because someday it WILL go boom. But in dealing with a potential danger (like driving a car at 60 mph) you need to learn when signs point to a real danger (a truck headed straight towards you at 100 mph) and when signs are normal (other cars driving along the road at 60 mph.)

If you flinch and yell "DANGER" at every little sign, you will miss the signs of the real danger.

Meanwhile, volcanos are neat things... reading up on the current research (you can find more of it using the SCIRUS.COM search engine) should produce some papers by the folks who predicted volcano eruptions in the past 20 years (including Mt. St. Helens... thank goodness. Only 7 died; more would have died without the warnings from the vulcanologists.)

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Byrd,

You could provide some links to the "predictors". That would be greatly appreciated, because not only do I keep an eye on the Cascades, I am also on the Yellowstone Research Project and I would like to "learn" about the logic these predictors are using.

THANK YOU!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You say only seven died from St.Helen's, that's wrong, it was 40-50+. No offense.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It has been said by experts for a long time that Rainier will blow one day. No question.

Now, where did I put my breather mask??

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ooo-kay...
I'm supposed to go to Seattle on business in late January - hope it doesn't blow while I'm there....
(heavy sigh)

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Byrd,

You could provide some links to the "predictors". That would be greatly appreciated, because not only do I keep an eye on the Cascades, I am also on the Yellowstone Research Project and I would like to "learn" about the logic these predictors are using.

THANK YOU!

I'm quoting myself because I meant to say...

Byrd...COULD YOU provide some links...lol.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Okay, I'm serious when I say I'm trying not to be an alarmist about this, but could some one PLEASE explain to me what these webicorders are showing???

This is NOT normal!

Kukla...are you okay with these?? Byrd? I'm not! This isn't normal.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Okay, now maybe some one will listen to me:

Magnitude 2.4
Date-Time Tuesday, December 30, 2003 at 00:13:04 (UTC)
= Coordinated Universal Time
Monday, December 29, 2003 at 4:13:04 PM
= local time at epicenter

Location 46.197�N, 122.192�W
Depth 2 km (~1 mile) set by location program
Region MOUNT ST. HELENS AREA, WASHINGTON

When is the last time there was a 2.0+ earthquake under St. Helens???

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
alot of shaking going on

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What is typical for a daily activity log there?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The earth changes continue to accelerate.

But just ignore them.

It is only spring in winter out there.

The effects on the sun and then the earth of the dark star will proceed the coming asteroid pack and the energy from the galactic centre.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
The earth changes continue to accelerate.

But just ignore them.

It is only spring in winter out there.

The effects on the sun and then the earth of the dark star will proceed the coming asteroid pack and the energy from the galactic centre.

Would that be "the energy" the grays are rumored to be sending?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No the energy is a result of natural periodic events in most galaxies such as stars going nova etc.

Unknown to many as of yet such great bursts of gamma rays for example affect all life at the cellular level.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Holy Lava Batman!

What just happened on St. Helen's dome???

and look at 3 sisters!

And look at Mt. Hood!

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by Valhall]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join