It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

BUT the Native Americans have a lot of legends about the Cascades. The way their legends go, "when the grandfather speaks his granddaughters will answer".....or something along those lines, tells me otherwise.

"When little sister speaks... Grandfather will answer"

Little sister = Mt. St. Helens

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thats right! (slaps leg) my bad. You get the point though.

Thanks Hellmutt.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
there was an earthquake at Mt St Helen today - 3.1 at around 5:50 am this morning MSH time. What I think is interesting is how long it took to show up on the USGS site -- it wasn't on there this morning.

earthquake at MSH

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Rainier 1.5 mag, 10.7 miles deep.

That does not look good at all. The 10.5 miles deep is the part that disturbs me the most.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
check it out -- not only is if finally a clear day but it is burping
MSH 11/22/05

It has been awhile since we have been able to see MSH with rain/snow/fog. So I was surprised to see a clear day let alone a burp.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I did not notice if anyone caught this most recent article...

Mount St. Helens' Lava Astounds Scientists

Fifteen months after Mount St. Helens reawakened, the volcano is continuing to release massive amounts of lava in an unusual geologic display that in some respects confounds scientists.

Roughly every three seconds, a large dump truck load's worth of lava — 10 cubic yards — oozes into the mountain's crater. And with the sticky molten rock comes a steady drumfire of small earthquakes.

The unremitting, monthslong pace is not common, said U.S. Geological Survey geologist Dave Sherrod. Experts say it is unclear what the activity signifies or how long it will continue...

The article continues to describe the activity as potentially one very loooong eruption.... Fascinating stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Thanks Hellmutt.

No problem. I think there might be many different versions...

"When little sisters are whispering, Grandfather will yell"

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hellmut im searching for it however as far as I remember reading wasnt it

When the 7 sisters speak (rainer and the most close 7 Volcanoes) Grandfather will awaken again and Roar.

Grandfather taken as either Mt St Helens or a supervolcanoe like the recent documentary. The indians may have been referring to some mounts further north into canada too,

anyhow when 7 of the volcanoes are all acting up within a short space of time, Something much much bigger is meant to come.

Hopi/Iroquay I Believe will post links after digging tommorrow, late now

Regards

Elf

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I just wanted to bring up again that Mt Rainier has acted up prior to all the recent Indonesian quakes again. I wonder what the connection between the two areas are.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
mrsdudura,

Thank goodness you have been commenting each time you see this. It seems the record is pointing to proving you right!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think I got the right version now.

"The time will come when Little Sister will speak, and Grandfather will answer. And the land will be swept clean to the ocean. The Little Sister is called Mount St. Helens. Soon, the Grandfather is going to answer so much bigger. That one is called Mt. Rainier."

RUN AWAAAAAY!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
YES that is the one. Good finding Helmut

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i just got back this morning from washington. i was there with my dad climbing mount rainer and we also went to visit mount st, helens. i got pics and everything. i can post some once we get them loaded from our cameras. there was an earthquake when we were there. it was a 3 point something. i cant remember the exact number right now. when i was actually climbing mount rainer i didnt feeling any earthquakes or anything. and when i was at mount saint helens nothing looked suspicious at all and i didnt feel any quakes. the people at the information center at mount saint helens said they dont believe that it will erupt anytime soon but they said anything is possible.

just so you know (in case this thing doesnt date my post) i was in washington at these two places from july 20th and got back this morning(july 27th)

cheerio!
Digitalgrl

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
bumped only for historical purposes in light of increased activity in Cascade region and Yellowstone.

Hope something is useful for correlating purposes.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
bumped only for historical purposes in light of increased activity in Cascade region and Yellowstone.

Hope something is useful for correlating purposes.

I can't find any sources on the cascades activity, not that I've concentrated on this chain. I looked at their observatories and news stories if any and didn't see anything on this. Apart from the guy who said his father was called out to the cascades early in deecember, before the yellowstone swarms.

I'm interested because I live near the cascades volcano chain. I did read on how Mt Baker's drainage, and not sure if that meant lava flow, drains into right where I live.

Does anyone have any sources showing this activity in the cascades?

On a side note, it got me thinking today when I was shopping at the pharmacy, to ask for a "dust mask". They don't stock them. You think they would considering we live near all these volcanoes and I know some (with respitory problems) needed them when St Helens blew. I didn't want to say what it was for, not wanting to appear a paranoid case or a micheal jackson wannabe. so I made it sound as if I wanted it for construction purposes
and so maybe they carry them at hardware stores? I'm sure and hope I won't need one, but seems a good idea to add to the emergency kit, even for other reason besides volcanic ash.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
hi violet,

Just to be clear, the activity in this thread is between 2003 to 2005. I bumped the thread in the hopes that some common parameters might be seen between this previous active times and the new.

Concerning a dust mask...I think it is a good idea to keep some for you and your family, just to be prepared. They can come in handy for a number of reasons.

You can get them at Walgreens

www.walgreens.com...

You want to get a P95 to ensure you are filterning out the particulates in the air.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thanks Val.
Don't have a Walgreens here in canada, but I'll fnd some place that sells them. Doesn't hurt to safe rather than sorry.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just to Bump for several reasons

Some good resources in thread

and for others to use any info on here to compare to new activity recorded on Rainer new thread here

New Activity at Mt. Rainier Confirmed to Be Seismic (...or ICE?), Right here on ATS!

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Thanks for the bump.
Looks like I have some new reading material.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join