It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Alzheimer's Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Do people that die of alzheimers disease have autopsies? what i'm getting at is there a link to cmj

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater what i'm getting at is there a link to cmj

Do you mean CJD?? If so, then there are supposed links to BSE

www.doh.gov.uk...

Afternote: there are links to Alzheimer's at:

www.cjd.ed.ac.uk...

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by Genya]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
guess I'm wondering if there is a link or similarities between the mad cow thing and Alzheimer's disease, don't mean to sound like an idiot but I'm just wondering.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Alzheimers is a degenerative condition where people go through some specific brain deterioration over time, starting with typical lapses then wandering/dementia then being bedridden and incommunicative then dead.

CJD is far more acute.

Neither of them is at all pleasant, I think CJD is worse on the sufferer while Alzheimers is harder on the family and friends.

I don't see any connection but I would also be interested in medical evidence to support that there is one.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Alzheimers involves the deterioration of mostly teh frontal lobes, then the temporal lobe and hypocampus should things progress so far, which is rare. Signs point to it being mostly organic/genetic, though some claim it to be chemicaly cause. I personally believe it to be a combination thereof.

Parkinsons is by an large a new disease, caused by various chemicals (mostly found in fertilizers and other argricultural products) compounding between synapses and degenerating motor control, mental processes, ect.

DE

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Someone close to me has Alzteimers. It's caused by aluminum metals i believe, as well as the mercury in your fillings which leak out into the blood stream merely by breathing.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i think i'm starting to wonder if the mad cow thing and alzheimers are the same thing and this mad cow stuff is not anything new,just a thought. by the way, what are prions?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I still believe Alzheimers and CJD have little relationship if any at all. You won't get Alzheimers from eating affected meat but you might die a painful death.

I don't subscribe to the aluminium pots and pans theory for Alzheimers either. Research seems to shoot off in many directions, it's hard to try to integrate every person's research that comes up with a new causal factor.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My grandfather was diagnosed with alzheimers many years ago..they pumped him full of drugs...and he died within a year....go figure. In my honest opinion...alzheimers is the same thing as senility...the brain shrinks...and the persons mental capacity also suffers. Who knows really what causes it..but I don't think my grandfather had it..no one else has suffered from it in my family. I don't think he was exposed to much aluminum and mercury...or even Mad Cow Disease...egads!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.rense.com...

i don't know if this means anything, i just want to know what the heck a prion is and would alzheimers be considered a wasting disease?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have heard and read from 'professionals' who have been researching indepth the causes and possible cures or preventives associated with 'alzheimers and dementia' (which are seperate diseases, I recently found out) and anyway, just about everything we live and breath on this planet has been -at one point-linked to causing these degenerative diseases!

We cannot live in a bubble, unfortunately. And in most cases pertaining to these 'old peoples diseases' it becomes luck of the draw! It *IS* genetic. Meaning there is a higher chance of you and your offspring developing either of these diseases if both or one of your parents was diagnosed with this in their elderly years.

Also more recently it has been showing up in [people] in their mid to late 40's! It is also one of the MOST mis-diagnosed diseases in the elderly. There are a number of different medications that slow down the disease, but they do not halt the symptoms. I've yet to see one that has.

I'm more for finding preventives then masking the symptoms. These diseases are heart wrenching to witness amongst our beloved elderly.

new topics

top topics

join