It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know its going old school...Whats better PS2 or Xbox?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I know this is a little old school but i still want to know what people think

What do you think is better?

PS2 or Xbox?

I think its xbox even though they have less games they have better ones such as halo.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
PS2. No doubt about that one. The Controller was better, there were more games. The only downside was the poor online play (you had to originally buy an addon in order to get online, then I believe you had to pay for another service, but I forget).

XBox was allright, it was just too late in the game, too bulky and too noisy. Good first effort and you can tell it was just a first effort.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As an Xbox owner I have to say that, technically, the Xbox was more powerful, faster, and had more memory and was able to render better images.

Commercially though, the PS2 was better. It had a ton of great games (I would have done anything to have Kingdom Hearts I&II on Xbox, as well as Final Fantasy and DBZ... Ico, God of War etc etc).

But now the 360 has really evened up the fight.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
as a PS2 owner and an xbox/xbox360 i still say the PS2 is better not because of grafficks but because of decent one on one fighters(i hate all shooters cept halo and its still pretty low on my list) im a soul calibur fan and since SC3 is PS2 only then im set i like the controller layout better cause xbox controller sucks and 360 has the damn d-pad mixed with a dualshock joystick and all the good one on one fighters are for ps2 bloody roar being one of my favorites.
mortal kombat sucks (mind my french) #in ass im sorry but it does its too unresponsive theres virtually no way to defend yourself once someone starts a decent combo against you...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Graphics wise.. I have to go with XBOX.... Everyone does know that Ninetindo is making a come back. Right?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
yeah but untill i get the money time i dont have a wii or GC even

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Old school??? You must still be very young. If you want to talk old school how about this.

Whats better the NES, Sega master system, or Atari???
I would have to say nintendo all the way. Looks like its time for me to put in the old zelda 1.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

Whats better the NES, Sega master system, or Atari???
I would have to say nintendo all the way. Looks like its time for me to put in the old zelda 1.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by CPYKOmega]

That is true OLD SCHOOL. I bet most of the people that posted on this thread doesn't even remember Sega, and certainly don't remember Atari.
I do.
I remember when I thought Atari was the #..

[edit on 3-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
HEY!!! I'm 19 and I remember the Master System! There was nothing like a bit of Alex the Kidd on a rainy afternoon... come to think of it I never completed that game. My mum did but I didn't....

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

That is true OLD SCHOOL. I bet most of the people that posted on this thread doesn't even remember Sega, and certainly don't remember Atari.
I do.
I remember when I thought Atari was the #

I remember when I was about 6 or 7... lol a real young kid and I woke up on Christmas and low and behold I got an Atari 7800 with like 20 games! I was so excited haha. I still remember playing pole position II and Food fight to this day!! hahahaha

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
xbox is much better than the ps2

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ha Old Skool, go further back to the Commodore VIC 20 and the ZX81

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If you're asking in the way that I think you are, it's easilly Xbox. Commercial success wise, though - the PS2 was far more successul.

By using the word "better", though - I have to guess that you mean the former.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I will have to say if you like Resident Evil PS2..but after my original PS broke for no reason, Then my PS2 broke. I switched to Xbox and have been happy ever since. My 360 and I are having a great realtionship.

PS I still cheat on my 360 with the only XBox every now and then to play "Morrowind", or something old while I'm waiting for Mass Effect.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Its got to be the X box-better contoller,better graphics (and Halo and Ninja Gaiden!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not much of a gamer but I'd have to go with Xbox.

You want old school?

I'm still playing (almost exclusively) NFL 2K1 on the Dreamcast.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thats nothing. I frequently replay zelda, final fantasy I, dragon warrior 1-4, all on the nes hahahahaha

[edit on 4-14-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XMFCSM
I know this is a little old school but i still want to know what people think

What do you think is better?

PS2 or Xbox?

I think its xbox even though they have less games they have better ones such as halo.

It has been proven beyond doubt that the PS2 was/is way better than any XBox out there for one simple reason: better games. The Xbox had one game that was HALO and it sucked on the Xbox. Everybody who was good at it played it on the PC. If the best game on a consol is a FPS, then you can understand how poor the whole contraption is.

The PS2 on the other hand has thousands of games ready to go. Its a robust machine, you can play 20 hours non stop without overheating. It is easily modable and they still make games for it. It is a quality product made in Japan, designed by Japanese for the Japanese. You know that it has quality if it is made in Japan, especially electronics. Where as Xbox is some cobbled together low-end PC that MS brought together in a package the size of a VW.

As for saying the PS2 doesnt have any good games that a joke. Have you played Final Fantasy 10/12 ? Kingdom Hearts ? ICO ? Onimusha ?Metal gear solid ? God of War ? etc these are only some of the games I know, there are thousands more that are better or equally good.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
its all about ps2

FF 10, FF 12, Resident Evil 4, MGS 2 & 3
all xbox has(had) goin for it imo, was halo

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I definitely have to go with ps2 here as the it had more games and IMO better games, although i have a 360 now lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join