It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth Generation Multirole Combat Airplane to Appear by 2007 - 2010 in Russia �

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i wonder what kind of radar phazotron made for this aircraft
, there are not much pics of it or info, it is said that it will use even newer engines then AL-41F

The multirole fifth generation combat airplane will appear in Russia by 2007 - 2010, the chief of aviation and Russian air force deputy CinC, Aleksandr Zelin, reported to journalists on Friday.

According to Zelin, the aircraft will leave the testing stage and begin to reach the troops in this period.

Zelin also added that the lead executor for the fifth generation combat airplane already has been determined and this is the Sukhoy OKB.

�The tactical and technical requirement for the experimental design work has been approved and the Sukhoy OKB already is working in earnest on fifth generation airplanes,� the deputy CinC said.

According to Zelin, this airplane "in no case" will be inferior to Western analogues, including the F-22 airplane. The deputy CinC specified that this will be an ultra-maneuverable, low-detectable airplane with broadened capabilities which provide for the destruction of aerial and ground targets in any weather and time of day or night.

�We hoped that the industry will execute our order in the period established and we receive a fifth generation aircraft of a new quality and a new form,� Zelin said.

Source: 26.12.03, RIA Novosti

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thats pretty interesting Sector.
I would be interested in what the particular 'craft' is intended to be or is it just a re-funding of projects such as the Mig 1.42/1.44?

I found this article recently, dated Decemeber 5th saying that Sukhoi (Sukhoy) OKB will be needing "outside/foreign" investment(s) to make anything like this possible:
"Attraction of Foreign Capital Will Hasten Creation in Russian Federation of Fifth Generation Fighter"
Link:
www.royfc.com...

The AL-41F engines have been around since late 1984-85. Nothing new.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

The AL-41F engines have been around since late 1984-85. Nothing new.

regards
seekerof

so are f22 engines.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What denotes a "Generation" in aircraft development and when did we start counting?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
when did we start counting?

Jet age?

Link!

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

when did we start counting?

Jet age?

Link!

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

Me262, AR234 then would be the first generation? Or are we starting to count at the Mig 15.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Me262, AR234 then would be the first generation? Or are we starting to count at the Mig 15.

I dont know..

But what i think is this:

All Sub-Sonic (and trans-sonics also?) jets count as the 1st gen..

Im sure that if one would look there would be plenty good explanations even in online..

to these Generation matters..

new topics

top topics

join