It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Threatens to Kidnap U.S. Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Iran Threatens to Kidnap U.S. Soldiers

tonguesoffire.wordpress.com

Iran is threatening to retaliate for what it calls the “kidnapping” of Revolutionary Guard officers by abducting Americans and feeding them to roosters.

In an article in the Revolutionary Guard’s weekly paper, Reza Faker – believed to have close links to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad – warned:

“We’ve got the ability to capture a nice bunch of blue-eyed, blond-haired officers and feed them to our fighting cocks. Iran has enough people who can reach the heart of Europe and kidnap Americans and Israelis.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.iranian.ws

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sounds like the scare tactics are starting, probably to drum up reasons for yet another war/front.

tonguesoffire.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Don't let those Japs get away with it!
Buy war bonds!

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
He says "officers" then mentions Europe and Israel, does he mean ordinary US citizens or military officials. Or, am I too concerned about this guy and his cock comments? Anyway, kidnapping civilians is not that hard to do but is Iran prepared for the consequences...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wow ,Very disturbing Article

Do you think this would have any effect on the current situation?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Remember, this article was published in The Sunday Times on March 18th, before they took the Royal Navy servicemen/woman.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why does every one worry about Iran? Its only the size of Alaska for petes sake. For a country thats so small they sure are cockey. I am not for war but how much can we take, nuke threats and kidnaping. I say its time to slap there hand and take there toys away.

the only thing they have on us is: Drumroll please ......

strategic location on the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz, which are vital maritime pathways for crude oil transport

Iran Population 68,688,433 (July 2006 est.)

Military service age and obligation Iran18 years of age for compulsory military service; 16 years of age for volunteers; soldiers as young as 9 were recruited extensively during the Iran-Iraq War; conscript service obligation - 18 months (2004) :

Manpower available for military service Iran :males age 18-49: 18,319,545
females age 18-49: 17,541,037 (2005 est.)

Manpower available for military service USA: males age 18-49: 67,742,879
females age 18-49: 67,070,144 (2005 est.)

As you can see the USA (not inlisted) but available Military alone matches there hole population.

But for the record:

US Population: 298,444,215 (July 2006 est.)

www.cia.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

AlBeMeT

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Of course this will have an effect on the current situation. We now have two reasons that directly involve Iran and the US, three if you count the explosively formed projectiles.

I would not put it past some of the neo-cons to devise a way to kidnap some of our own guys and the point the finger at Iran and say, "See, they said they would do this. Lets blow 'em up!"

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Remember, this article was published in The Sunday Times on March 18th, before they took the Royal Navy servicemen/woman.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Maybe they are to ignorant to be able to tell the Union Jack from Old Glory?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
I would not put it past some of the neo-cons to devise a way to kidnap some of our own guys and the point the finger at Iran and say...

But you would put it past the radical Iranian regime that has threatened to do so and has done so twice now with British service members? Simply amazing...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past either bunch, frankly.

The rest of us are being dragged into this conflict by ideologically-driven fanatics on both sides.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
To be honest Westy, I think that Bush and Ahmadinejad are both nuts. They are both doing a bunch of sabre rattling that could escalate into something that the citizens of either country do not want any part of.

I said what I said above due to the way this country was duped into a cause for invading Iraq.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Agreed, Bush and Ahmadinejad are both war mongers that need each other to stay in power.

The idiotic part is so many people are willing to go along with both

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
OH gosh, I hope we don't let Iran pull off the rope-a-dope trick on the U.S. and punch it's lights out. Don't fall for it it's gotta be a trick or something.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The problemwith saying things like the pres of Iran and the pres of USA
are mad is the fact that we cant tdo anything about it..............
and they are not bluffing.
Amadinijad, and Bush will pull the trigger.
They mean it and THEYLL DO IT IF AND WHEN THEY FEEL THAT THEY CAN....
Amadinijad is comfortable with the apocalypse and so are the majority of the Shias.
Nobody is going to climb out of the well if the situation is not cataclysmic enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ok,was i the only one who almost laughed out loud when they read,

Iran is threatening to retaliate for what it calls the “kidnapping” of Revolutionary Guard officers by abducting Americans and feeding them to roosters.
?

I hope they are not serious. Way to gain more respect as a nation,feeding people to roosters...

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Yeah of all things that they could do to hostages, this has to be the strangest one. It's definitely not going to do much for their image and cause.

top topics

join