It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Robot landing a hoax?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yeah and who has seen the mars probe from a telescope?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You can't see the landing sites from an earth-bound telescope.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
YAY! ANother thread about the moon landing hoax! I don't know why, but I do take such peculiar pleasure in debunking the moon landing hoax theorists.

Akumma, I realize you probably very much want to believe that the landings were faked, and you probably believe all the crap that was shown to you on the Fox special and by other conspiracy theorists.
But you may want to check out www.badastronomy.com... before making any more statements.
Every single "hoax theory" put forward is thouroughly debunked and disproved by a real scientist and people who truly know what they're talking about.

As far as the Mars pics looking "fake"...who are YOU to say that? Have you been to Mars? Do you know or have any idea outside of what you've seen in movies of what the Martian landscape should look like? No? I didnt think so. You have a preconception of what another planet looks like and that's enough to question an international expedition there? Hmmm.
Rocks are rocks almost anywhere you go in the unvierse. Mars rocks are going to look alot like earth rocks. We knew that before we launched Viking.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
hhmmm...exactly how many times have humans landed on the moon in total??

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What is this a pop-quiz?

6 times

Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
how come we haven't landed on the moon for such a long time? is it all because of government funding?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtherRussian
how come we haven't landed on the moon for such a long time? is it all because of government funding?

What do we need to do up there? Dow we need to prove ourselves again? Do we need current moon rock samples? Do we have the money for it? Is space travel safe enough (thats the big one now.)?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I honestly think that a few visits and samples arn't enough, why not build stations out there and perform research, i mean afterall there is still a great deal to find out about the moon.

So why haven't we landed on the moon over the past 30 years, with todays technology it should be as easy as riding a bike...well, an expensive bike

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think the reason we're not doing that, is that we know for a fact we can do it, and doing something that's relatively easy just deosn't attract attention like doing something new, or exiting does.

I think once mars is to us like the moon is now, exploration there may stop, or it may not, seeing as mars may have the basis for colonization that the moon lacks, who knows, only time will tell.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I honestly think that a few visits and samples arn't enough, why not build stations out there and perform research, i mean afterall there is still a great deal to find out about the moon.

So why haven't we landed on the moon over the past 30 years, with todays technology it should be as easy as riding a bike...well, an expensive bike

Not at all. Nothing is simple when it involves space travel, especially MANNED space travel.

NASA supposedly is considering returning to the moon sometime in the future, but I have no other details.

I think the simple answer to the question of why we haven't returned is simple: It costs ALOT of money and there really isn't anything worth returning for.

jra

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The main reason why we haven't gone back is cause we have nothing to go back to the moon in. The shuttle can't get there. NASA doesn't have the money to develop a new ship to get there now. Though hopefuly that will be changing int he near future.

akummma i really suggest you read the threads posted by kano. Plus do a search on this forum for the other thousands of threads on this subject posted here and you'll find them to have been proved to be real... i have never seen one scrap of evidence that seemed remotely real. i really suggest www.clavius.org for your reading pleasure. It's one of my favorite sites on the subject.

and how does that mars pic look fake to you? I consider myself to be very good with photoshop. It's not that easy to fake a landscape at all. saying the rocks and sand look like something on earth is kinda silly... rocks are rocks and sand is sand, it doesn't matter where it is.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Argh, damn editing didnt work correctly.
Ok here some of the old post:

www.alias.com...

akummma you are not the one to measure if pictures are reality or fake. Take the test above and see what your eyes know.

Excellent, a superior performance--ten out of ten answers were correct.

If you got a perfect score on the first try then you're a REAL genius.
- ok I did 3D CG for 4 years.

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by shoo]

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by shoo]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I think the first thing you need to get rectified is that they/we aren't choosing missions to "prove" something to skeptics. They/we are doing to gain knowlege - to gain technological advancement.

ROI - return on investment - that's the reason they haven't been back to the moon. But I believe that the ROI is increasing now.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join