It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Robot landing a hoax?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Anyone ever though it was a load of #?

Notice the picks taken of the robot they have no dust around them.

If man never explorered the moon, then how can thy exploror mars?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The moon landings were not faked, and there is no reason to suspect the Mars landings were either.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is too much evidence that moon landing where fake.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thank you, Kano.

akumma, I realize that you have decided to believe this way. I also understand there will be others that jump on board with you. But YOU need to understand that while you are thinking this way, there's a whole heaping helping of people still breathing, who poured blood, sweat, tears and a lot of guts and prayers into something that really happened.

We sent men to the moon - more than once. We have landed on Mars - and failed more often. We have landed on Venus - more than once. We have orbited Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter. We have flown by Uranus and Neptune. And we have landed on an asteroid.

As a global group of idiots that usually spend our time manipulating and killing each other - these are a few of the greater technological endeavours we should be proud of, instead of trying to dismiss.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by akummma
Anyone ever though it was a load of #?

Notice the picks taken of the robot they have no dust around them.

If man never explorered the moon, then how can thy exploror mars?

If it is all a hoax then why do we spend millions of dollars each year for big fireworks of just sending this rockets into orbit for no reason? People have died exploring space and for what reason to perpetuate a hoax?

You may have a valid reason behind the faking of a moon landing but for what ungodly reason should we fake a mars landing? If we were going to fake something don't you think we would fake it so it would be successful not a failure? Why would anyone fake something to make themselves for failure 2/3's of the time?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There is no 'evidence' against the moon landings that hasn't been solidly and repeatedly debunked.

A few sites:

www.clavius.org...

www.redzero.demon.co.uk...

www.badastronomy.com...

Or you could go to NASAs site and search on Moon Hoax.

Now, on the other hand we have the fact that the Russians could tell the landings werent faked from the direction of the radio signals (they would have kicked up a fuss if they could disprove it). The fact that a couple hundred kilos of moon rocks were brought back and have been examined by thousands of geologists on Earth, all of whom can see that the rocks are completely unlike anything on earth and would be utterly impossible to create artificially. Also of course the fact that three missions placed Laser ranging reflection devices on the moon.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

There is also this picture of the Apollo 15 landing site by a lunar orbiter.

www.space.com...

Now, getting back to the Mars landers, what reasons do you have to believe they are faked?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

There is too much evidence that moon landing where fake.

All such evidence has been thoroughly debunked...visit the links provided, and then see if you still feel the same way. I too severely questioned it after the special that aired a few years back. But, I looked into it, and quickly saw that it was no hoax.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The only strange thing going on is that every lander malfucntions when on mars or heading to mars just if there is something trying to stop us finding something. How more advanced the landers and craft become how more errors accure. Just know we can't get a signal from the latest landing craft.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What about Pathfinder?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Another reason is that getting to Mars is hard.

A little understated but that pretty much covers it.

More info here:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You people need to the see the pictures from mars, they look fake.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I bet anyone good location and good skills in some picture program could fake this

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
[Edited after info had already been displayed]

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I bet anyone good location and good skills in some picture program could fake this

Definitely Real! Those rocks don�t have made in China any place on them.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Hah, I bet not.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What I love is that often the people who say "the moon landings are faked" are often the same ones who later on claim that we already have moon bases, or other crackpot ideas, such as aliens being on the moon.

There are too many people around who would blow the whistle if it was fake, from the designers, to the producers/engineers to the nasa personel, and their families, and on and on and on.

I really wonder what is the hidden reason for people not beliving it. Maybe the world has made them so cynical that they are afraid to see the truth. Maybe conspiracies are more fun that the real world?

Disbelieving the Mars pics is just another tentacle of the same crazy conspiracy theory. I think some people watch and believe too much Television.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Its like four pictures connected to one.

Take from earth then put together.

Looks like noraml earth rocks + sand on top it.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yea, some of the conspiracy theories I see on here make me just laugh my ass off at how someone could be so dumb...if the government WANTED to coverup secret bases on the moon/mars/wherever Im sure they could, but this leaves most logical people wondering first of all what the point would be to have bases on the moon or mars, which basically dont do anything for us except waste money.
And a lot of these theories I see have absolutely no basis at all for any truth, as the person might have read one random website on the internet written by some nut in a mental institute or who knows where.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Its like four pictures connected to one.

Take from earth then put together.

Looks like noraml earth rocks + sand on top it.

Who is to say that that isnt what Mars looks like??? Why cant the landscape look like "normal earth rocks + sand on top of it"? Must it be vastly different than Earth?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Here's perfect debunking for you: with a powerful telescope, (not the home kind that you can get for 300 bucks) one can perfectly see the leftover lander parts at the landing sites on the moon. Go ahead and take a peek through your local observatory's telescope and you'll find them after about 5 minutes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join