It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloodiest, scariest, goriest movies ever?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Cannibal Holocaust being remade!?!? No way! Hopefully its gore level will put the original to shame. That movie was pretty disturbing. Speaking of disturbing, how would you guys rate Hostel? My cousin said over the weekend that it was THE MOST disturbing movie he has ever seen, and also said he had to turn away at parts. Is it really that crazy?

After all of the back and forth about Street Trash, I am going to have to put that in the netflix cue.

Thanks for the heads-up Preest.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Cannibal Holocaust being remade!?!? No way! Hopefully its gore level will put the original to shame. That movie was pretty disturbing. Speaking of disturbing, how would you guys rate Hostel? My cousin said over the weekend that it was THE MOST disturbing movie he has ever seen, and also said he had to turn away at parts. Is it really that crazy?

After all of the back and forth about Street Trash, I am going to have to put that in the netflix cue.

Thanks for the heads-up Preest.

There's no way any remake of Cannibal Holocaust will be able to match the disturbing levels achieved by the original though I'll give them props if they come close. I think one of the things that sets the original apart from all of the cheap in-name-only sequels and these upcoming remakes is the fact that the original featured real animal killing & abuse. Director Deodato has stated on a few occasions that he'll never kill animals again so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

As for Hostel, it's an okay flick. It has its brutal moments and even a great little guest appearance by Japanese shockmeister Takashi Miike but I wouldn't say its that disturbing. Roth has a great grasp of 80's style muff & duff slasher films but I think Murder-Set-Pieces and Chaos make Hostel look fairly tame.

Hopefully you'll enjoy Street Trash!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
damn i hella want to see cannibal holocausT!!! I hear about it a lot just haven't seen it yet!! but is it true about the whole using real animals for some scenes in which they kill animals?? awwww thats the part i couldnt handle.everything else is whatevs.haha

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
eeek i cannot wait to watch cannibal !!! so my uncle got it on netflix and im gonna watch it monday!! yay. i love that gross stuff.yeah im weird. ha

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
the goriest movie i have seen was wrong turn 2, i'm not sure but i think it was banned, the movie starts something like this woman driving and she hits a man on the road and the man just cuts her in half vertically and the camera doesn't pan away or anything it was awesome!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
scariest movie- the exorcist
bloodiest movie- ichi the killer, hands down! has anyone watched that movie??? i dont think there can be a more bloody movie.
goriest movie- slither. also the dumbest movie.

but the most disturbing movie ever? the girl next door (2007). i'm sure anyone who's watched it will back me up. it has no blood, gore, supernatural elements, etc. it's a simple, albeit true story about how a girl was adopted by her aunt after her parents dies, and was tortured every single day...

the things her aunt does, it's so disturbing to watch knowing it actually happened to some poor girl in real life...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Ichi the killer. Hands-down.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
yeah girl next door is pretty disturbing. It's sad since it is based on a true story.

The goriest was: Bad Taste (1987) , First film by Peter Jackson (LOTR). I love the bit where one of the guys kills the alien then jumps then wears the alien body like a suit and travels off to fight more aliens in outer space. Or when one of the guys falls off a cliff and his head explodes and you can see his brains and the seagulls start eating his brains and he scoops it up and puts it back inside his head. There are alot more gory bits .

I really don't have a scary one. The exorcist did do a number on me..But I would not count it as scary as any other decent horror flick.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by nahsik]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'll give Hostel a vote on the goriest, it's the only movie that made me go "Ewww" out loud [Eye sene].

Scariest - i'll say The Exorcist 3

Bloodiest - Braindead.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
In the Bloodiest/Goriest category; has anyone seen Shogun Assassin, it has to be one of the bloodiest and goriest movies made, albiet in a somewhat campy way. I love the kids blade-equipped stroller.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Scariest Movie- I don't know,I've never seen a film that's scared me. When that executions video came out,that shocked me a bit,but it didn't scare me. The origional Ring was quite good too.

I can't believe that noones mentioned BrainDead for bloodiest,that's got to be up there.

Goriest,I can't remember the name of it,something to do with a rose or something. But it's basicly a bloke cutting up this bird. Think it's Japanese. I'm sure the resident Horror dude here will be able to shed some light.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This movie is the goriest, more disturbing movie ive ever seen:

Philosophy of a Knife. If you can come across a copy of this movie, take it and watch it. You won't be dissapointed.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Braindead and Dead Alive is the same movie ^^

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Sorry guys. I honestly hate to even introduce you to this movie, but here goes. August Underground: Mordum.

Don't search for it at work or school. Don't even read about the kills in it unless you are sure you can sleep at night afterward. And for God's sake, don't even consider watching it unless you are a seasoned, hard-core, gore fan.

Seriously the most twisted, horrible thing I've ever witnessed. I'll never watch it again. Ever.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

So, nobody has been brave enough to check out AU Mordum yet? Didn't figure anybody would actually heed my advice.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Bloodiest- Dead Alive

Scariest- Event Horizon

Goriest- Dead Alive

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I just had to say this list looks completely amateur... with the exception of Underground Mortum and someone having said the Guinea Pig series, most of these movies are laughable...
Bloodiest: Art of the Devil 2, Guinea Pig 1/2, August Underground 1/2 or TOKYO GORE POLICE (any given scene will have more blood than the entirety of Dead Alive)
Scariest: Only 2 movies have ever creeped me out, Event Horizon and Haute Tension

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Bloodiest- Guinea Pig movies/Braindead

Scariest- Prob the Exorcist, saw it too young man...

Goriest- August underground movies (just wrong)
Or Ichi the Killer

Some much more disturbing films that that though.

Irreversible, Man bites dog,Visitor Q (one messed up movie), Gummo, Audition,
Ken park, Kids, Begotten,The Passion of the Christ(brutal),Hei tai yang (men behind the sun)....

that's enough.... i feel ill

[edit on 21/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Updating this thread- Actually I hate this type of movie, I eat documentaries and I am an avid fan of independant cinema. I have worked in the film industry so my eye is critical and seeking. I do not watch tv ever, so I use film and such to see where the mindsets are going. Pretty scary! Anyway Bully, Jailbait(2004), Sublime, and A Crime In America where pretty trippy. The hardest one for me to watch(it was just the right amount of what the) was,
The Hitcher

[edit on 23-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
House of 1000 Corpses, I always thought was one of the most freakiest movies I ever seen. Anything Rob Zombie. Except I think he did a really bad job directing the new Halloween movie. It could have been alot more scarier.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join