It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloodiest, scariest, goriest movies ever?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Street Trash is wild! I own the single and double disc releases for this. You just can't beat melting hobos and a game of hot potato played with a severed penis. Street Trash is 80's splatter at its best.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
Street Trash is wild! I own the single and double disc releases for this. You just can't beat melting hobos and a game of hot potato played with a severed penis. Street Trash is 80's splatter at its best.

Yeah, I bought the double disked version,I think. Let me check.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah,I bought the double disked version of "Street Trash." I should get it by Thursday or Friday.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Nice! I haven't actually sat down to watch the 2nd disc as I'm usually busy trying to keep up with my weekly reviews but someday I'll get around to checking out the new featurettes.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Preest, are you a film critic? You said that you do weekly reviews.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yes sir, I am. I review horror & exploitation for my own website and I'm a staff writer for a well known horror magazine in the UK. It doesn't pay but somebody's gotta do it!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Cool,Preest. I actually took a film critic class here at college and I loved it. It seems to me though that most of the films that film critics dislike, I tend to like and those that they rant and rave about tend to be, at least in my opinion, so,so.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ha! Yeah I actually decided to start reviewing because I saw too many good films being bashed by narrow minded fans. Naturally after years of doing it I've found myself becoming a bit harsh but I always try to keep things fun. My site really isn't for everybody but we try and cover all aspects of cult cinema. There's always something for everybody.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok, please don't laugh or you could if you want. I always remember this one as being the scariest movie. Only because I was very young and got real freaked out. Not very scary but, sure is funny that I got so freaked out!

The movie?

(1979) It's Alive

Plot Outline:

The Davies expecting a baby which turns out to be a monster with the nasty habit to kill when it's scared.And it's easily scared...

The movie is very bad and very low budget. The scene that set me of in total tear was when a couple from what I remember was walking down the side walk and the baby was in the ivy bushes. You could see the ivy russle along side the couple as they walked down the sidewalk.

The suspense of not knowing when they baby was going to jump out set me off. I couldn't sleep alone for weeks because of the nightmares.

I wasn't the week wussy type of kid, but for some reason I got a little too into the move. The damb thing was just so friggin ugly!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Larry Cohen's It's Alive is fantastic! I actually own all three!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Modemizer, kind of reminds me of the movie Basketcase. Low budget and pretty bad acting but somehow it gained quite a bit of noteriety in the 1980s.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey there's another great little series! lol I loved Basket Case. I own one and three. Thankfully Synapse is working on releasing Basket Case 2. I wouldn't say they're high class flicks but they are entertaining as hell. Gabe Bartalos' FX work on the last two was wonderful.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I thought the HellRaiser series and WishMaster were also good.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hellraiser and its sequels are hands down my favorite horror franchise. I wasn't really hot about the last two entries but you have to expect some decline. I thought Wishmaster 1 and 2 were quite fun as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Has anyone seen The Reaping? It has gotten mixed reviews at Amazon.com,actually it has been well reviewed, but there are a couple of people who said it wasn't that good. I haven't seen it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I haven't had a chance to get out and see it but I hear good and bad. I was a big fan of The Seventh Sign and this looks quite similar so I'm anticipating some a reasonably cool concept.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well for me it is the following:
The Bloodiest movie is the original Texas Chain Saw Masacar.
Scariest, well in my day it was the Original Alien
Goriest would have to be Texas Chain Saw Masacar.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Well for me it is the following:
The Bloodiest movie is the original Texas Chain Saw Masacar.
Scariest, well in my day it was the Original Alien
Goriest would have to be Texas Chain Saw Masacar.

Not to put you down or anything but...have you actually SEEN the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre? It's almost completely bloodless and goreless. Perhaps you mean the remake?

I hear people all the time claim the original is gory and bloody but I really don't think they're recalling the film accurately. The TCM remake was 10 times bloodier and gorier than the original.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
have to agree with you preest, more gruesome is Cannibal Holocaust which i hear is being remade!!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Cannibal Holocaust isn't just being remade once but twice! Not only is it receiving two remakes (one official the other unofficial) but there's talk of a sequel and a companion piece. Ugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join