It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is the Anticrhist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of people on this site that have a belief in the end times,Biblical prophesy, some believe they are Christians and a lot have read or study the Bible. I truely have enjoyed a lot of the posts and threads on this subject and im sure a lot of you have given this some thought, and if as some of you believe we are building up to something or the stage is set, i would be intrested in anyones opinion as to who might be the Antichrist assuming this man is alive now and should be making his move soon etc.
very intrested to find out what people think about this.
Would this person be a Man?
Would he be American,European,Islamic,(ET),
How old is he ?
Is he a politician?
Looking forward to what people in this Forum recon and i guess this should put the cat amonst the pigions.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't know i've heard all sorts of crazy things about people who claim to know who the anti christ is. I heard that its george bush, hugo chavez the one puerto rican guy that clams to be jesus etc. personally i don't know and its always an interesting topic. and I highly doubt bush is the antichrist partially because he has trouble grasping some words in the nglish language. (anyone remeber th I'm the decider mess?)

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
read the book of revelation as well as the old testament writings of ezekial and elijah...aparently the antichrist will rise out of the vatican/catholic faith, will unite the free world into a giant state of unions and propose a 7 year treaty of peace with israel, this 7 year period is to be known as the 'tribulation period'....during this time the clock begins to countdown to armagedon (another word for a place in isreal called Megiddo, the supposed final place of battle)....by the 6th/7th year the forces from the north (a coalition of evil including russia, magog, and others will attempt to destroy isreal with a HUGE army only to be rebuked by the hand of god).....it goes on and on, BUT as of right now the anti-christ has yet to be born......many years ago the christians were convinced it was the roman ruler Nero that was the AC.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The antiChrist is all of us. We all contribute to the "anti Christ". We are not Christ himself. We are his subjects. Anyone who opposes "Christ" is the anti Christ. Anti meaning opposing or opposite, and Christ, meaning "holy Being", we would all be considered the antichrist due to the fact that all of us are the opposite of holy. IMO.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

noun: (Christianity) the adversary of Christ (or Christianity) mentioned in the New Testament; the Antichrist will rule the world until overthrown by the Second Coming of Christ

This is the dictionary definition.

Um... I don't know who is the Anti-Christ,

and I highly doubt it's a politician considering most, if not all of them are of Christian/Catholic/Jewish faith...

The one specific epitome of the "Anti-Christ" would be Satan.

Those that advocate Theistic Satanism could also be considered the Anti-Christ.

If you take the literal meaning, anyone who is against Christianity would be Anti-Christ as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, we are looking for a man, most likely, who is very intelligent. He will be "without regard for women." He'll probably be celibate. Daniel described him as "The king with a fierce countenance," so we are looking for someone who appears to be very angry. Probably someone with the facial expressions of a Hitler or Stalin.

Then, there is the idea that it is a group of people. Namely the world body that is the anti-Christ. If that be the case, then the whole act of Christ overcoming the anti-Christ is symbolic for a change in consciousness of humanity.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I remember some years ago someone thought Heny kisinger was the man he was convinced about it and go's to show how people can get this wrong he even done the math something about Mr Kissinger's name came to 666, the Roman Catholic conection is intresting as well, and of course the middle east some of those Iranian leaders look a bit grumpy, I fear of further hostilities in that region,and can only assume this potentionaly can turn in to something very big and bad ,,,So the stage is set so to speak.
I heard that the person that brings about the signing of a major peace treaty stabilising the region, including Palastine, Israel is a good candidate for the role.
I wont dissmiss the mass consciousness ie we all christ or all anti christ as a body or body of people but will admit its not a line of thinking im used to,but am opening my mind to many possibilities now.
thanks so far folks

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Antichrist is alive and well right now. He is currently at work doing good deeds for the people of the world. He will be loved by all and will come to power after the rapture occurs (Known to the world as the attack of the aliens)

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Antichrist is more within yourself.
Fight your own darkness and you will have done half of the job for which you were procreated for.
Don't fear no one except yourself because you are the worst enemy you have.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
... if you have interest in finding a 'theory' that might free you from the shackles of religiousness (is that a word?)... I would suggest reading the following book...

... makes alot of good points and helps to break away from that path of irrational blind (traditional) faith... including theories regarding 'Christ/Anti-Christ)

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If I am the anti-christ than what do you call the serial killers running around the world these days?

The term is outdated.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Is the Rapture one hundred and forty four thousand or is it more? and who will go? are the 144k already chosen?.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The Antichrist is more within yourself.
Fight your own darkness and you will have done half of the job for which you were procreated for.
Don't fear no one except yourself because you are the worst enemy you have.

To right im my own worst enemy.

posted on 22-3-2007 at 09:55 PM
Antichrist is alive and well right now. He is currently at work doing good deeds for the people of the world. He will be loved by all and will come to power after the rapture occurs (Known to the world as the attack of the aliens)
The UN maybe

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
woops that didnt work, (sorry new to this) i was aknowledging piaenza and sun matrix

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Here's one for ya's ok...The Antichrist is in actuality the embodiment of the opposition to the catholic church ( the big player in christianity and the original source of its officialdom ) and subsequently the Vatican knew eventually this would happen.

So in effect they have carefully built a construct within all christian societies ( that they influence ) to paint the antichrist as an individual that is to be despised and fought against with your "life" and "soul".

This is a preservation effort designed millenia's ago to hold onto the control of the flock as lessons learnt in Babylonia and Egypt showed that the Preisthood's only had a tenuous grasp on the control of the masses minds.

The Anti-Christ story is a thinly veiled plot to scare you into following the Nicean Council Sanctioned version of Christianity and if you fail to follow the Pope you are running with the devil and his evil spawn. They have cleverly personified this ( disagreeing with the Bible ) from a defience to a real person that can identify with everyone who believes the Devil does exist.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, we are looking for a man, most likely, who is very intelligent. He will be "without regard for women." He'll probably be celibate. Daniel described him as "The king with a fierce countenance," so we are looking for someone who appears to be very angry. Probably someone with the facial expressions of a Hitler or Stalin.

Then, there is the idea that it is a group of people. Namely the world body that is the anti-Christ. If that be the case, then the whole act of Christ overcoming the anti-Christ is symbolic for a change in consciousness of humanity.

Out of curiosity, what makes you place those aspects about the AC?

Not doubting you, it sounds pretty realistic.. but why ?

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Antichrist is not Human he is an E.T. with powers equal to Christ.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Out of curiosity, what makes you place those aspects about the AC?

Not doubting you, it sounds pretty realistic.. but why ?

Well, I personally think that the anti-Christ will be a man. The book of Daniel in the bible gives a pretty clear description of what the "anti-Christ" will be like. That is where I get those aspects of the "anti-Christ." It explixcitly states,

And in the final part of their kingdom, as the transgressors act to a completion, there will stand up a king fierce in countenance and understanding ambiguous sayings.” Daniel 8:2

He will certainly be aman who will be of great intelligence and a mean demeanor. All of this talk about him being a "charismatic" leader is a bunch of hooey. He will be one of the most violent, vile individuals to ever come upon the world stage. "Charisma" will mean absolutely nothing to him nor those who believe in him.

Definition of Fierce countenance:

Fierce:

1. Having a savage and violent nature; ferocious. See Synonyms at cruel.
2. Extremely severe or violent; terrible: "the fierce thunders roar me their music" Ezra Pound.
3. Extremely intense or ardent: fierce loyalty. See Synonyms at intense.
4. Strenuously active or resolute: a fierce attempt to escape.
5. Informal Very difficult or unpleasant: a fierce exam.
6. Savage or threatening in appearance.
Fierce

Countenance:

countenance
A noun
1 countenance, visage

the appearance conveyed by a person's face; "a pleasant countenance"; "a stern visage"

Countenance

So all of this expectation of the coming one world dictator being some handsome, "charismatic" individual is a bunch of garbage. He won't be. He will be a very angry, contemptuous individual who will crush anyone who does not go along with what he thinks is right.

What will be one of the first things he will do? Ban all spiritual beliefs.

No more Hinduism,Buddhism,Chritianity,New age, Islam... nothing. If you practice any of these beliefs you will be persecuted. Then he will unify the world's military. He will aim to specifically destroy America, Britain and Israel. Those will be the ones who will most oppose his plans the most diligently.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hmm. I've read that this man will come from Europe, that he will rise to power very quickly, and read this part cause it's very important.. The bible states that THE WHOLE WORLD WILL LOVE HIM. We aren't looking for Stalin, Hitler or Arab Terrorists. This man may be fierce (or severe) in countenance, but he will falsely present PEACE as his main mission. That's what we all are wanting, so he promises to give it to us.
He will call to his side a great leader in the world-church (possibly a later-day pope) and will use this person's influence to gain control over the minds of many. This false prophet at his side will do wild wonders and even miracles for the world to see. Many will be duped by the exploits of this false prophet and the man himself, who the bible says is 'indwelt by Satan.' If you remember, the bible also says that in the hours before Judas betrayed Jesus Christ that Satan entered him (as in took possession of him.) Which is what allowed Judas to betray the living son of God. Now, take that ino into the future and you see a very evil man, who the bible says WILL be indwelt by Satan. He will come "in peace." and the world will sing his praises. This man will not be hated, but loved. That's the scary part... cause it's all a deception. Many hordes of people will follow him and will get the buyers mark in order to use money (similar to a microchip implanted under the skin) Very easy to do, today. God says anyone who gets this chip sides WITH SATAN and AGAINST GOD and that there is NO turning back. So beware. Read Revelations in a modern version. If you don't understand it, seek out a good bible study...there's one in your town! Time is short, people... and many will be led astray. Don't be one of them.

www.endtime.com... ... to find a Bible Study near you.
Peace. Real Peace. It's not found within.
Open your Bible. That's where it begins.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
First off, the BIGGEST mistake of all time when talking about the Anti-Christ is that revalations speaks of one.

It does not. Not once, ever never ever. I dont mean this as a lashing, i just use it to start the premise of my argument.

there is nobody in the Bible called the antichrist or mentioned as such in prophecy.
Antichrist is not an individual, but anyone who holds a certain belief.

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 4:3)

In 1 John 2:18 it says there are many antichrists. Since anyone who denies that Jesus is God in the flesh is antichrist, there could be no one physical description that would apply.

many scholars use the translation of the texts in these verses as antichrist but more and more scholars are starting to say that this is a biased translation, that the actual translation is more something along the lines of the opposite of christ this is where most people get confused about the bibles non-involvment with the antichrist legend

That being said, the 'legend' of this "well dressed, slicked back antichrist" which legend says "rises out of the middle east, has the solution to all of the worlds problems, yadda yadda yadda"

When this legend was created (which is open for debate on an actual founding father) there was, as is now, massive turmoil in the middle east.

So for the legends creator to say "he'll come from the middle east" is just like saying to you or I "you will eat today"

THe chances are great that we will eat today, because? Humans need food. The chances that a very evil man will come from the conflicts in the middle east are great, because there is a lot of commotion there.

Notice i said "from the conflict" not "from the middle east" The legend of the anticrist doesnt nessessarily have to be a muslim. What i mean is, if there's a conflict in the middle east, then, by the legends vagueness, anyone involved in that conflict could potentially be the anticrist (White, black, christian/muslim, etc)

The legend says that the antichrist will have all the answers and will come bearing peace and prosperity. This is to gain trust.
If you want an actual good depiction of the rise and fall of the antichrist as the legend pertells it, check out The Omega Code II

But - in closing - and again - Revelations, nor the bible in its entirety, ever once make mention to the legend that is the antichrist

Since the bible is the word of God, and the legend doesnt exist there..well...you see the point im trying to make

[edit on 6-6-2008 by QBert]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join