It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face of Jesus - Korean War Photograph

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I remember reading a book when I was a kid that had a bunch of weird stories of the paranormal and unexplainable. I will never forget this one photograph I saw. It was the face of Jesus and it was photographed by an American pilot during a bombing raid.

Here is the photo:

Here's the same picture only from another site:

I've never forgotten seeing that and being blown away by it. The origins of where the photo are a bit shady but the general idea is that they came from an American pilot flying over Korea during the war. The story is that the pilot saw a really bright light and took a photograph of it and later it turned out that what he actually photographed was the face of Jesus. Personally, I dont buy that story, but who knows. Either way, its a really amazing picture!

Heres the links to the two sites where I found the pics

www.euro-tongil.org...

www.rejesus.co.uk...

[edit on 21-3-2007 by fookerboy69]

[edit on 21-3-2007 by fookerboy69]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool.. thanks for sharing. I was raised catholic.. and i want to believe!!! but its just hard to have faith in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That is a neat picture. I'm no expert on analyzing pictures, but in my personal opinion, it just looks too good. So much better than a lot of Mary pictures that seem to be popping up like mushrooms.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have actually seen this picture somewhere else. I don't really know the validity of it,but it's pretty neat nonetheless.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's definately an ink wash drawing on a photo. It's pretty cool looking, but it's definately a drawing.

For the record, the earliest (and possibly more accurate) images of Jesus show him with short hair and no beard. These images date to about 100-300 AD. This one looks like one of the "King James" versions.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'd love to believe it was real but it screams fake to me..go on prove me wrong..I hope you do.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's definately an ink wash drawing on a photo. It's pretty cool looking, but it's definately a drawing.

That's what I have always taken it to be. However, it wouldn't be the first time if I were wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i've seen this before too, it's definitely ink. it looks kinda neat and all, but it is ink.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A few years ago, forensic anthropologists worked to come up with a composite that COULD be SOMETHING like what the historical Jesus looked like. Before I share, I would like to express my POV

I am a very devout Catholic, but since childhood I have long questioned way Christ looked like a white northern European. Well, the answer is obvious. Christ takes on the apprearance of the worshippers in the region. I have travelled a bit and have seen Christ looking like a classic European, like an American Indian, like a Hispanic, like an African. I have seen an Asiatic Christ, and I was told about a crucifix that depicted Christ as an Inuit. What we see in churches and on our religious artwork at home are icons. They are inspirational pieces of artwork that have been created to allow us to closer identify with Christ. It stands to reason that artists would be sensitive to their own perspective and that of their audience when creating this artwork.

The many depictions of Christ I have seen are actually a good thing. One of the early controversies of the Chruch was brought about by the questions of icons depicting Christ as being heretical as they sought to 'humanize' the divine. THis controversery nearly sundered Christianity, but in the end, icons were considered to be doctrinal in that they allow those who cannot read to be able to see and understand the life and works of Christ; there's a lot more to this than that, but I won't lecture too long - if you want more info, U2U me.....

This link will take you to a CNN site that talks about what Christ MAY have looked like. I am not sure, but I wager that it's much closer than anything DaVinci ever did......
archives.cnn.com...

Gentle Reader, I thank you for your kind attention. May God - whatever visage he has on at the moment - smile upon you this day.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Im not usuallty skeptical, but that looks painted as suggested before.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The fabulous site Snopes.com, which I recommend everyone of you to study, has an article about the Korean hippie Jesus too.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Oerdoeg

Lol. I knew it was a fake picture. Guess Christians will believe everything they see.
lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Since Jesus was probably an Egyptian Jew, he probably had a little bit more Egyptian look to him:

Egyptian Jesus

edit on 4-10-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fookerboy69

Yeah. Because those pilots have time to turn around and take pictures of Jesus in the middle of a combat mission.

Seems shopped to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Well, in order to be a Christian, you have to believe in a lot of stuff for which you have no proof, mostly on the word of a lot of people who also had no proof, and so on for a hundred generations or so. It comes with the territory. People who are so unsure of their faith that they need to prop it up with more ridiculous images and stories should seriously consider just giving up on it as simply not having enough proof to accept. It's okay. It doesn't hurt.

top topics

join