It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google saves your search history if you're logged in with your google/gmail account!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.I'm gonna get right on fixin' that problem.Spy on me will they.Why I otta

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
The Google Toolbar is like spyware. It records all the sites and pages you visit, not just the searches.:shk:

That's a good point. Why does it matter if your searches are recorded for your username, when they can all be recorded for your ip? However, I guess that's just the harsh reality of using the Internet. Anything can be traced and tracked, if someone wants to badly enough.

[edit on 20/3/07 by Implosion]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What is this Tor of which you speak? Is it useful for say, anonymity while downloading torrents/IP masking?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by airrikka
What is this Tor of which you speak? Is it useful for say, anonymity while downloading torrents/IP masking?

Tor creates anonymus virtual tunnels.

An excellent addition to tor is torpark browser (google it) It is a portable browser (handy on usb drive) that gives you anonymus browsing anywhere in public or home. It automatically creates a secure circuit through any network regardless of proxy.

Although this is all great your ip can be seen very easily.

Every ip packet holds the destination and source address.

Basically, your on a masked ip address but how do you recieve a web page? The answer is the packet address, and this can easily be logged.

So downloading P2P style and being anonymus is pretty hard since you have 100's of simultanious connections going on.

Edn

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Logging your searches and associating it with an account isn't particularly bad (considering what else others do) it only adds another layer of tracking, i.e. they can now check your search history and email and link them together. The real problem is ISP's, no matter what you do to mask your identity be it using tor or other devices your ISP can potentially track and record every detail of your internet activity, we are just lucky that at the moment most ISP's don't go to significant lengths to track your activity.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
Logging your searches and associating it with an account isn't particularly bad (considering what else others do) it only adds another layer of tracking, i.e. they can now check your search history and email and link them together. The real problem is ISP's, no matter what you do to mask your identity be it using tor or other devices your ISP can potentially track and record every detail of your internet activity, we are just lucky that at the moment most ISP's don't go to significant lengths to track your activity.
ISPs might know that you're using Tor, but they won't know the reason, the destination, or the purpose of the packets being transmitted through Tor.

A university professor was recently chastised for using Tor by his IT department and campus security because the IT department couldn't do any analysis of the data being sent through Tor. They actually went knocking on his door to ask him to stop using it.[1]

[1]politics.slashdot.org.../02/08/2112258

[edit on 3/22/2007 by supercheetah]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Tor creates tunnels = no interception (or to an extent anyway)

Tor is great and easy, but because of ip it can't do anything about destination and source (an WAN box you have connected with).

Im am no expert on this stuff but that is the only common downside with everything atm.

You could get rid of this problem if you set up a a deticated secure WAN box somewhere else and tunneled through that for internet connection like say VPN. That would be a way around it since your true destination would be trully proxied.

Or you could illegally slave machines across the net I have no clue how that's done nor do I wont too (its illegal)

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Selmer2]

<< 1   >>

join