It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our money system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We need to do something about our money system. I think we shound count all the gold we have and make new money and do away with the green stuff we should make it blue or purple or somethingmake it different so we can start fresh with our economy.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A novel idea, however if you eliminated the current money system and erased the debt of everyone there wouldn't be an economy worth starting over. Every business would be bankrupted and out of business. Starting over wouldn't work it's a little more complex than that.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Why exactly is gold worth anything exactly? I dont really understand paper money being backed by gold in this era at all. please explain why it would be and what I am just not realizing

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sargentpepper
we have and make new money and do away with the green stuff we should make it blue or purple or somethingmake it different so we can start fresh with our economy.

what would changing the color of our money accomplish? I’d be just as broke if my money were plaid with purple polka a dots.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
stfspam, not sure if sargentpepper was talking about the gold standard. See the attached link on Gold Standard

en.wikipedia.org...

The concept is that the amount of promisary notes (paper money and the like) in circulation is equal to the amount of gold you have to back it up.

In the UK, most banks only has a small percentage of cash to pay for demands from customers for access to their money. If we all when to the banks tomorrow in the UK and demanded our money,there would be a run on the banks as it is called. Typically followed by serious economic down turn.

Can we really turn back the clock on money and how it is valued?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stfspam
Why exactly is gold worth anything exactly? I dont really understand paper money being backed by gold in this era at all. please explain why it would be and what I am just not realizing

Gold is worth something because people want it, and because it is scarce, but gold is heavy and inconvenient to walk around with...
In the dark ages it also was often stolen, so the goldsmiths gave receits for the gold they needed to keep safe... this receits are now called paper money. That's why paper money has to be backed up by gold, because it is law...

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
The concept is that the amount of promisary notes (paper money and the like) in circulation is equal to the amount of gold you have to back it up.

And that is so not true today, there is way more money in circulation then there is backed up by gold, the cause is fractional reserve banking (Banks can loan out more money then they have on assets).

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
In the UK, most banks only has a small percentage of cash to pay for demands from customers for access to their money. If we all when to the banks tomorrow in the UK and demanded our money,there would be a run on the banks as it is called. Typically followed by serious economic down turn.

Can we really turn back the clock on money and how it is valued?

Indeed going back to the bank and demanded our money there would be a run on the banks, and the banks go bankrupt, here in Holland you can get up to 20.000 euro back from the Dutch Central Bank when a bank goes bankrupt.

Imagine if we demand all the gold that is ours... You know how less you get? In the dark ages 1 UK pound, was 1 pound of gold, now 1 UK pound is about 0,002 pound of gold...

We can't turn back the clock... unfortunately... I believe that the one thing we can do is to stop the way our money circulates now, and change how the money system works.

How? By giving the government control of the money, and not the banks, away with interests ans loans!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Gold standard is a promotion for someone's individual investments, I see it all the time at school. Next...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Changing to another paper money not backed would be worthless that it would have the same inherent problems that the green ones do. Lincoln said that paper money is a shadow of money, a receipt. Lincoln gave us the Green-Backs to pay for the Civil War. We can't go look at our Gold Reserves they were taken by the Bankers lang ago as it was collateral on the loans. The idea of going to another currency and getting rid of the dollar is anot a new one. The Amero has been minted and is ready for debut in the new North American Union, so be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

There is also alternative monies out there the E-Gold and the Liberty Dollar and such groups put out Constitutional money BACKED by gold deposits. You can return your Liberty DOllars for silver or gold at any time. You just have to find merchants that will use them. E-Gold is a little easier in that they will pay you in FRN's or gold or whatever denomination you would like.

Rothchilde said let me print a nations money and I care not who makes her rules. Our congress could order the printing of real treasury notes and take back the power from the bankers and they can print this money INTEREST FREE. Why don't they? The bankers don't have anything to back up the money they put in circulation, the treasury orders money and they print it and loan it to them.

top topics

join