It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel to change our Mistakes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Alright everyone...

If we all had the means to travel back in time and change only 1 thing (mistakes?) WHAT would you change?

I'm sure everyones' probably thought at some time:

"If only I hadn't done this or that".

We all make Faux Pas, but what, ONE THING would you change to make your life a better place today?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I know I'd probably go back in time and not take up smoking!!!

What would you guys change?

Any takers?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
:shk
uckster I agree with the not smoking one but I was able to quit after 2 years.I would go back to when I was 13.I had some good friends but thought the grass looked greener on the other side and fell in with a bad crowd. It definitely put me on the wrong road in life and I would definitely change that. Would've saved myself and my mom a whole lotta grief.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Go to college so I could loaf around in an office instead of breaking my back in the sun

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would think the paradox of going back would be a one way trip..
So I would go back to when I was a kid, kill myself off, and replace myself with the much older me, and see how things work out from there
I would then become a writer and profit. Fortell of government plots, and warn the people of their current path. And predict future events that I already knew about.. Unless me going back would change all that?

[edit on 14-4-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
So I would go back to when I was a kid.....

.....Unless me going back would change all that?

It certainly would change your future if you kill your past self. That's the paradox. Even changing something very small, could affect your future.

I would change every single decision I had made when I was in my teen years. :shk:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The quit smoking is me that's for sure. I'd have my sports almanac ready to give to my younger self with warning and ways to use it. I would want to use it to help others, you know. You meet a family or friends in the future that's struggling and do something for them with the money.
Now that I think about it, I wouldn't want to go back. I have kids and I just couldn't risk changing anything that would cause me not to have them in the future. I would like to go back and beat the crop out of a few bullies that I knew. Sorry though, just wouldn't go back if I had the chance.

SR

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Wow cool thread!! I wouldn't wanna change anything major that would ruin the person i am today even all the bad stuff i think i would want to go back in time and just do more,more,more like instead of learning the Guitar and Surfing now i would of loved to have learnt them when i was younger so i would convince my lazy younger self to do so.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by SR]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
normally i would say go back and change it so that i never moved in wtih my mom my step dad and I had some "issues" but now that i think about it the "issues" may have made me a better person in the long run... so that i at least dont end up like him.

top topics

join