It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin B17 kills cancer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...
Besides the drug from the link above, also it seems that vitamin B17 is good against cancer.
Maybe all the funding for research would be cut off, and that is why there could be opposition to these cures.
People who eat a lot of B17 never had cancer, this can be seen in the Hunza tribe, they live until 90 years old, are very healthy and never had cancer, their diet is based on a vegetable rich in B17. Even people in our modern world who take B17 and regulary eat foods that cointain this vitamin are free of cancer. Apples and apple seeds contain it.

[img]http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc413/th_96081_hunza1_122_413lo.jpg[/im g]

Bears seek B17 rich food by instinct, when they are in the wild. Here is a video about our traditional medicine and the medicine from natural sources :

video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by pai mei

People who eat a lot of B17 never had cancer, this can be seen in the Hunza tribe, they live until 90 years old, are very healthy and never had cancer

Proof, please.

Even people in our modern world who take B17 and regulary eat foods that cointain this vitamin are free of cancer.

Again, provide evidence.

Waiting as usual,
Lex

[edit on 15-3-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Search on the net or watch the movie from above - all the proof is there.
Here is some more, I did not invent this :
www.google.com...

Apples and apple seeds contain that vitamin. A good diet with lots of fruits is good. B17 never killed anybody, for people who are sick it is good to try it, they have nothing to lose

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wait, you make claims, then tell me to search ??
You provide us, the dear readers with a search engine page, for our
humble request of proof ?

Oh my....I think you have missed the point of "Deny Ignorance".

And, about apples. One apple has a higher caffeine content than a cup of
coffee.

I do agree, a diet with lots of fruit is good. So is a diet with little or no fried food. The revelation here is ?

And, my favorite...

pai mei

B17 never killed anybody, for people who are sick it is good to try it, they have nothing to lose

Priceless.

Lex

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The proof is in that movie.
Here I found some, just searched B17+Cure
www.anticancerinfo.co.uk...

"The Hunza tribe in the Himalayas use apricot kernels abundantly, fresh for three months and dried in the winter, with the kernels pressed for oil used for cooking, for fuel and as a skin preparation. Their wealth is measured by the number of apricot trees they own. They often live to over 100 years. In addition to the apricot the Hunza diet includes buckwheat, millet, alfalfa, peas, broad beans, turnips, lettuce, sprouting pulse and berries of various sorts. All of these except lettuce and turnip contain vitamin B17. The traditional Hunza diet contains two-hundred times more nitrilosides than the average American diet. "
img140.imagevenue.com...

[edit on 15-3-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Why bother calling it B17?

Just say "laetrile" and everyone will know what you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am from Romania I know B17 , I do not know about "laetrile"

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ah. Here we call it "laetrile", and it's got a long association with quack medicine.

You can go to Mexico and pick up all you want, but as a drug it's pretty toxic and doesn't work very well.

Its inventor, Ernst Krebs, started calling it a vitamin after it was banned as a drug under the name "laetrile", trying to dodge the law.

There is a LOT of medical data on laetrile, all bad.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes it may be bad in synthetic form, but I am sure that in the natural form like apples it's good. Nobody died from fruits, just do not eat only the seeds eat the whole apple - this is from the movie there is someone there who died because he ate a big bowl of apple seeds and no apples. Look at all those tribes who have a diet rich in B17.
Healthy food is the cure against cancer, not just some 1 time medicine.
It's not the first time I heard that fruits are good against cancer, but now I found that movie and B17. I think it's not "official" knowledge because nobody can make money from it

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Besides vitamin B17, fruits are also alkaline. "An apple a day keeps the doctor away". Here is a list of alkaline foods, also in cancer treatment there is a high alkaline diet.

www.trans4mind.com...

www.essense-of-life.com...
www.liferesearchuniversal.com...

It's not the first time I heard about alkaline and acidic foods and their effects. I have a book from 1970 there is a doctor there who talks about the same thing
I am not a doctor, I don't know more, I will remain at these, it's not complicated to have a healthy diet.

Note that a food's acid or alkaline-forming tendency in the body has nothing to do with the actual pH of the food itself. For example, lemons are very acidic, however the end-products they produce after digestion and assimilation are very alkaline so lemons are alkaline-forming in the body. Likewise, meat will test alkaline before digestion but it leaves acidic residue in the body so, like nearly all animal products, meat is classified as acid-forming.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
coffee.
Not to mention the sugar content...

I do agree, a diet with lots of fruit is good. So is a diet with little or no fried food. The revelation here is ?

The revelation here is...common sense is not so common anymore.
Good diet = no disease, therefore Genetics = useless, and FDA= evil, Also, Responsibility to provide proof= preposterous.

EDIT: I cant type

[edit on 16-3-2007 by I_s_i_s]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
...the web, ATS and look for different names, then search for these as well

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's just toxic, like your run of the mill pharmaceutical, not a good start, is it? if you want to eat fruit seeds, more power to you though, they are not overdosed as easily as concentrated drugs and they might just contain other, more helpful compounds and trace elements.

PS: hypothesis of the day: the length of a thread is inversely proportial to its usefulness.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Originally posted by I_s_i_s

The revelation here is...common sense is not so common anymore.
Good diet = no disease, therefore Genetics = useless, and FDA= evil, Also, Responsibility to provide proof= preposterous.

Finally !!! Someone else gets it !!! /kneel

Thank you I_s_i_s,
Lex

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I made a study about this on my own a long time ago:

- There is no vitamin B17, Krebs is generally credited with popularizing it as a purported cancer cure and as "Vitamin B17."
en.wikipedia.org...

- vitaminB17 is actually Amygdalin

- Amygdalin is also called laevomandelonitrile, or laetrile for short.

- Though it is sometimes sold as "Vitamin B17", it is not a vitamin, as no disease is associated with a dietary deficiency of laetrile

Amygdalin has been advocated by some as a "cure" or a "preventative" for cancer, but due to a lack of scientifically accepted evidence of its efficacy, it has not been approved for this use by the United States' Food and Drug Administration

Now dont take me wrong, the FDA hasdone somepretty horrendous things but thatsanoher opic altogether....

Jason Vale was the nation's leading spokesman for the legalization of laetrile. He was a national arm wrestling champion after he was cured of kidney, pancreatic and spleen cancer, purportedly by eating apricot seeds. However, in 2004 he was convicted[9] of fraud and sentenced to 63 months in prison for his methods of marketing laetrile, for defrauding the U.S. government by claiming that he qualified for Legal Aid, and for criminal contempt. Representatives of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center testified on the side of the prosecution during Vale's criminal trial.

and what sparked the interest?

Dr Dean Burk, biochemist with a Ph.D. from Cornell Medical College,[6] became Head of National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cytochemistry Section in 1937 and headed this department for over three decades. Andrew McNaughton of the McNaughton Foundation requested a scientific experiment by Dr. Burk of the (NCI), the results were a famous comment which was used in a G. Edward Griffin documentary "A World Without Cancer" [10] that “When we add "laetrile" (amygdaline) to a cancer culture under the microscope,” “providing the enzyme glucosidase also is present, we can see the cancer cells dying off like flies.” [11] He also claimed in Congressional testimony that laetrile was less toxic than sugar[12]. Dr Dean Burk then went on to become a life long supporter of laetrile / amygdaline as a Cancer prevention and cure.

now read up on the apricot seeds contain cyanide.....so of course people will be like hell no, Im not killing myself......

In my opinion this chemical should be studied more too bad the fda and ignorance are on the way to study/fund this further

[edit on 3/16/2007 by a1ex]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There are a LOT of studies on laetrile.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding many a legitimate study online. I found hundreds on the first pass.

The problem is that Krebs' idea that only cancer cells would try to metabolize the amygdalin and get the cyanide for a surprise is incorrect. It's not a bad concept, it's just that MOST cells will do so, and will die.

Amygdalin is quite toxic.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

coffee.

Lex

Proof please?
LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

coffee.

Lex

Proof please?
LOL

lol i missed that one

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
When I was little I ate apricot seeds, because I liked them, now I almost forgot about them, but the next time I buy apricots I will remember to eat the seeds. I did not die. I bet you that one can die more quickly if he overdoses on chemoterapy medicine than on apricot seeds. Those medicine are toxic, much more than B17 and apricot seeds

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Pai Mei I tried them too just to prove my friend wrong as he said I would die of cyonide poisoning....

Now anything, including water in excess is deadly....

Besides I bet the water we drink, the "cold pausterized meat" we ingest is probably deadlier...but who knows im no doctor

All in all I like what I read in the book "foods that kill you":

"if it is in a box don't trust it!"

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was mistaken, and humbly apologize.

It's actually Cyanide

I think I prefer the caffeine.

Lex

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join