It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouded Leopard 'is new species'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just saw this on AOL news and figured this would be as good-a place as any to post it.

Scientists claim Borneo's clouded Leopard is 'new species'

It just goes to show how little we know about animals that we know exist let alone mythical beasts!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So it was caused by a divergence from the main species? I wonder how long it'll take for the big cats in the English countryside to become a significantly diverged species

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Species get 'rediscovered' like this all the time, now that we have the means to check their genomes. Nothing out of the ordinary really..

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It is a beautiful animal. The markings are gorgeous. Would look even prettier as a coat in my wife's closet.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Species get 'rediscovered' like this all the time, now that we have the means to check their genomes. Nothing out of the ordinary really..

I never said it was abnormal, I was simply sharing a story I found intresting - and making a point of how little we know about our 'discovered' natural world

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix

I never said it was abnormal, I was simply sharing a story I found intresting - and making a point of how little we know about our 'discovered' natural world

Well, I never said it was abnormal either..
Just adding to the thread, and search-tagged it for future viewers..

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
It is a beautiful animal. The markings are gorgeous. Would look even prettier as a coat in my wife's closet.

Are you serious? Nothing is as beautiful as seeing something in its OWN skin.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

No man, I'm not serious. Jeez.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone

thank god

The link seems to be down but no problem you can seek more about this here or just google it

It just goes to show how little we know about animals that we know exist let alone mythical beasts!

Totally agree and since the genetics are evolving even further, more species would be re-discovered.. that would be interesting to see

[edit on 16-3-2007 by Antoine]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Indeed it would! If anyone has any other examples of this could you please post, it would be really intresting to see what other animals have been discovered this way

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Indeed it would! If anyone has any other examples of this could you please post, it would be really intresting to see what other animals have been discovered this way

Pick one

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Pick one

thank you. My google must be broke, i searched with the same words and it came up with a bunch of rubbish websites that told me nothing

new topics

top topics

join