It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Thread Short Story Contest (ATSSC)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Your votes can be U2U'd directly to me and then I'll compile them. Once all the votes are in I'll send the complete listing of votes back to the judges.

I think it's the fairest method because each judge can then see how the results came about.

PS... there will be points given out for judging.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I've posted my story but the link to the relevent thread wont work, it keeps bringing up a google search result for 'women who like dogging'. Lol. I swear to God this had nothing to do with me.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Post the thread you wanted here and I'll hyperlink it into your story where the word 'ghost' now appears.

Looks like it's a dead link right now.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Done.

Your link works now, Ubermunche.

Anyone else having any problems with their story, either U2U me or post to this thread and I'll do what I can to help out.

[edit on 6/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Alright, guys! I've thrown my hat into the arena as well.

The Neighbor (ATSSC)

I welcome all comments, and I've got a thick skin.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There I was, just sitting watching the fog roll by my window and I swear I heard cat paws padding across my floor.

Anyone have any idea what the hell that was?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it wasn't that new stealth cat I've been testing. We have that under lock and key, tranqued at all times. It's a software issue. We're working on it.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Finally. The long promised essay on conspiracy fiction is now up for your consideration.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
ok.
I will step up and see what comes of it..........
You all know just how VERY BRAVE I have to be to be posting my entrance behind Justin...........(ya Justin your THAT good)

Here for your consideration I share with you,

It Ticks To, Only Faster
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Once upon a time, I couldn't put two sentences together without stapes and tape. Wordsmithing is like anything else. We get better with practice. when you get right down to it, we should write for yourselves. We should not rely on the adoration of others. If what we write comes from our best thought and best effort, its "good."

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Keep those story's coming everyone, there's some brilliant reading there already.

ATSSC short story's here

Get going as you only have until the 31st march to get your submissions in.

Check out the opening post in this thread for rules and prizes.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Anyone who needs inspiration might look at THIS.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A quick word of gratitude to those that have submitted an entry - a wonderfully eclectic group to be sure! You all are, have been, and will continue to be an encouraging source of motivation.

Thanks also to those that have offered their kind words and constructive perspective on my submission, Life Catalyst . As I've expressed to you individually: even if only a small percentage of you fine ATS contributors read and enjoy the story then the exercise in creating it was well worth it...

Good luck to all ATS "word-artists" and their readers alike. It was a fun contest and I look forward the next one!

Oh yes - and don't forget to keep looking up!

[fix link]

[edit on 6/1/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
In this case, it's really not about the winning, but it truly is about how you play the game.

I have suggested that AP and BTS get writing forums to encourage more of this kind of thing. I'm surethe site owners can find a few subject matter experts to ride herd on those forums.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by masquaThe judges are, at this point;

nikelbee
whatukno
DCFusion
gps777
SEIGE
dirty_underground
mrwupy
spiderj
worldwatcher
DeusEx
masqua

Could the judges please U2U me with their picks for the winners? I'll compile the results and add them onto this thread.

I'll send a reply to the U2U's detailing how everyone voted so that the breakdown is evident to all judging participants.

Sorry for the delay, but some RL business took precedence recently.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
That happens to all of us. Glad you are back. Rock on.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The judges have all been contacted by U2U.

As soon as all their picks are returned to me, I will post the results and announce the winners here.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There were some great entries into this contest. Such good stories that I would be ashamed to post anything myself. But I judged this contest and I have to say it was hard for me to come up with a winner.

Thank you all for writing. It was all worth reading.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the toughest contests I have ever judged. I'd read a story and write, "Now that was a good one" in my notes and do my little rating scheme. Then I would read the next story and go, "DAMN! That was a good one too!" Then on to the next story and DAMN!

On and on it went.

Still, I'm just one voice out of many so I want to wish all the writers good luck. Each and every one of you submitted some excellant work.

wupy

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join