It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Thread Short Story Contest (ATSSC)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
No kidding, mrwupy...

There may not be many entries to this contest in particular, but, instead of a bucket full of stones, we judges are left with a small pouch of jewels to choose from.

I'm amazed at the quality of the writing!

More than half of the judges have submitted their picks, so I hope that the rest will follow quickly and we can soon announce the winners.

Keep your eyes on this thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
There I was, just sitting watching the fog roll by my window and I swear I heard cat paws padding across my floor.

Anyone have any idea what the hell that was?

I have a 'ghost cat'......his name is Pooters.
Maybe he is visiting you?
He is fond of sharpening his claws on the furniture and you can feel it as well as hear it, but there is no cat to be seen

Freaks out my my cat that IS alive.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's not the winning or the losing that matters. It's how you play the game. Think of what you do here as practice, or even a test for your ideas. This is just fun and education all in the same package.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Precisely, Justin - excellent point (again). I'm sure we all feel the same way. We also hope that you too are taking the advantage of another opportunity to practice and that you are both enjoying yourself and learning something as well...

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't get many opportunities to practice, so yes. I am enjoying this. I wish I could find more time in my schedule to do practice writing, but it seems that spare time is becoming harder and harder to come by. Writing is like any other art that you can think of. There is always some new wrinkle to be experimented with. Each time that you do this, you will ususlly discover something new about yourself and your talents. It's a life long pursuit. My one great goal in life is to be a better person than I am, and writing provides me with one of many ways to achieve that goal.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ahem, *cough cough* any news.

My writing finger's getting itchy and needs some inspiration from a new contest.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Based on judging panel selections, I have selected the following as winners of this contest...

#1 - sdp333, 'The Dollmaker'
#2 - Essedarius, 'Nabu'
#3 - mojo4sale, 'The Helix Hex'

Congratulations to all who have entered their finely crafted work here.

All are excellent stories and the panel decisions reflected the difficulties in choosing the top 3.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Congratulations to sdp333 and Essedarius, great story's once again and well deserved, they were definately my top 2 picks. As always i'm wrapped to even be considered amongst some of you very talented people.

Major props to everyone else who submitted, Outrageo (great first up effort), SIEGE (c'mon man dont leave us hanging), maria_stardust (always good), Justin Oldham (thought provoking as usual), JacKatMtn (great laugh), Maverickhunter (keep em coming) and ubermunche (really enjoyed this one) they were all worthwhile contributions. (hope i didnt miss anyone, i'm writing this while at work so am going from memory, sorry if i did, it was unintentional)

Big thanks to all the judges nikelbee, whatukno, DCFusion, gps777, SEIGE, dirty_underground, mrwupy, spiderj, worldwatcher and DeusEx
for putting in the time to read and judge the entry's and special thanks to masqua for keeping it all together and for the constant encouragement as always.
You rock.

See ya all at the next one.

cheers mojo.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Congrats to the winners, all real class efforts, no wonder the judges took so long, I don't envy them the task.

All the entries were above average IMO.

Many thanks to the judges too.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For the next contest, how about something that could test our horror skills? Conspiracy and horror do go together, if you have the nerve to mix them. (insert evil laugh track)

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A hearty and well-deserved congratulations to the three winners!

#1 - sdp333, 'The Dollmaker'
#2 - Essedarius, 'Nabu'
#3 - mojo4sale, 'The Helix Hex'

This was a truly enjoyable challenge. Kudos to all participants and judges!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thanks a bunch to all who voted for my story....I enjoyed writing it and sharing it with you.

This forum has become a bright, creative spot for me regardless of whether or not a contest is underway. There is a core group of talented writers here that I look forward to their posts....they know who they are.

Again, thanks to ATS for such a fantastic outlet.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
How pleasant to be sandwiched between a couple of my favorite folks...congrats sdp and mojo!

Good times. Looking forward to what's next...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Congrat's to the winners of the competition and to everyone else that was a part of it. I enjoyed reading every entry.

I'm already looking forward to the next contest.

wupy

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
How pleasant to be sandwiched between a couple of my favorite folks...

Hey i'm not like that at all Ess!

Man i wish i could wash my imagination out with soap.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My congratulations to all of you writers that participated. I really enjoyed
reading each and every story.

Special congrats to the winners. SIEGE

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Well done and congrats...

sdp333, 'The Dollmaker'
Essedarius, 'Nabu'
mojo4sale, 'The Helix Hex'

there was lots of talent and imagination,which made it very hard and close to judge
to all who entered.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Super selections on the winners and thanks for all the contributions!!

I had a great time writing for the first time in years and thoroughly enjoyed the talents of all who entered.

Great job Masqua on running the competition and thanks to the judges.

Once again congrats to the winners!!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join