It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO near the sun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't really know what to make of this, and I'm sorry if it has been posted before. If you look to the nine o'clock position of the sun, you can clearly see a bright object that changes it's position toward the end of the video and then goes back to it's original position. Anyone know what the heck it might me?

Dial-up users beware.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Impreza]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Anyone at all? I honestly have no clue as to what it might be and am very anxious to see what you guys think. Any input is greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
incredible pic man,

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well, thanks for that response, I suppose. What did you think of the object I described in my first post? Ever seen something like that?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
incredible pic man,

I would advise adding a little more detail to your posts if you wish to garner interest.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
I would advise adding a little more detail to your posts if you wish to garner interest.

Apologies miguelbmx it looks as though the OP was on global ignore when I posted my previous remark....my bad.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's a sterophonic view........what you are seeing is a result of the solar flares, rotation and technology used to recieve that picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

no worries ill try to stop posting the short comments but i just couldnt help it

[edit on 21-3-2007 by miguelbmx]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i just viewed the picture again and now its aan animation of what i believe to be mercury passing in front of the sun. thanks for posting this latest pic OP i had not seen that before.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I finally found it~ very small like a dust size~
but do you think it could be the film or digital display problems?
anyway~ interesting~

I have tried to clicks so fast to watch it~ you might find something move like "Z" . and some Shooting stars? show up at the same time toward the sun?

Thank you for sharing~

Very interesting when i click so fast to watch~ you can try~

[edit on 21-3-2007 by roisu]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
it's a beautiful shot of our beloved Star with mercury flying around it :-)

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasa
it's a beautiful shot of our beloved Star with mercury flying around it :-)

What this isn't:

It's not Mercury, Venus, nor anything of intelligent extraterrestial origin.

The object in the OP was way too large to be Mercury or even Venus in transit (unless this was filmed from some location near one of those planets...which It wasn't.) Here is what a transit of Venus and Mercury looks like from Earth:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

What this actually is:

It's the transit of our Moon in front of the sun as photographed by the "STEREO" solar observatory which is in space and trailing behind the orbit of the Earth. It is far enough away that the moon looks much smaller than it does from Earth (from Earth the Moon appears the exact same size as the Sun appears). So it's not a UFO, it's just the Moon.

Here is the link that should clear this all up:

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The simple fact that this was not a normal visible light photo of our sun (but rather a photo viewed through scientific instruments not using the visible spectrum) made me look on the NASA and STEREO websites, and lo and behold, there it was.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
^ I know that's our moon, that is not the object in question. Someone else above has already found what I was talking about. It's a tiny bit of light that can be seen to the left of the sun. The light changes position in an unnatural way and then goes back to it's initial location. I thought that was pretty weird.

Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more clear in my first post.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My fault...you were clear in your OP. My posting was in reaction to the people who said the object passing in front of the Sun was Mercury.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
It's a sterophonic view........what you are seeing is a result of the solar flares, rotation and technology used to recieve that picture.

I googled "sterophonic view and can't find anything that explains what that means.

I don't see any other light doing the same thing as the one in question either.
Can you explain more on sterophonic view ferretman? It looks like something that could be caused by a camera or video. The ball of light seems to be pretty big compared to the size of our sun. I have no idea what to think of it. Could be sterophonic view or planet that moves?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Impreza,

There is also a small black dot a little to the right of the 12 o'clock position which changes positions at the exact same times as the white dot you mentioned.

They may be just camera artifacts and thus are not really there.

top topics

join