It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran issues new bank note with nuclear symbol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Iran issues new bank note with nuclear symbol

www.iht.com

Iran issued a bank note emblazoned with a nuclear symbol, in a move seen as an assertion of the national will in the face of international sanctions over its insistence on enriching uranium.

The new note for 50,000 rials (about $5.40) also reflected rising inflation, a fact that has brought criticism of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's policies. It is worth more than twice the previously highest denomination note for 20,000 rials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You have to wonder at the timing of this. I fully accept Irans need to produce Nuclear Energy and their pride in the program but it's a little controversial.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This thread is useless without pics ^_^

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeAndAllSeeing
This thread is useless without pics ^_^

Good point, I'll see what I can do!

[edit on 13-3-2007 by deessell]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well I guess they are pretty proud of their accomplishment. I wonder what that other symbol the one of what looks like Saturn(?) symbolizes?

Pie

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You mean the one that looks like this..?

Dunno...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think that symbol means Iran wants Israel wiped off the map, or to drink the blood of American women. Or something.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Could someone please post the enlarged image as I think that some 'popups' are blocked on my comp.

Thanks.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here you go.

I wonder if this currency has a half life??? lol

all the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I thought that was the Atomic symbol.

this is a nuclear symbol.

The other, I'd say, is a symbol representing that Iran is entering an atomic age, like other countries. That and you know, they love finding a way to stay in the limelight, I think Amadnabdahob (sp?
) is trying to get a spot on the new Big Brother, or maybe the next Surreal life. This is just his audition tape.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
Here you go.

I wonder if this currency has a half life??? lol

all the best,

NeoN HaZe.

Yup I think it is about 2 to 3 years, no kidding

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, clearly there is a ringed planet on the note as well.
Is there a specific significance to it?
If the atomic symbol does indeed promote their own ability to produce and provide their own electricity, that's fine.
But seriously, what's with the ringed planet?
That's strange.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
If the atomic symbol does indeed promote their own ability to produce and provide their own electricity, that's fine.
That's strange.

Maybe signifies space age? I mean something that doesn't get mentioned much is Irans space program. I mean it kinda could be a juxtaposition of far and close which is obtainable!

I am trying my hardest here

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Maybe it is to do with the long range missile that they tested which was called Thaqeb or Saturn in English.

A brief video clip showed the long-range missile, called Thaqeb or Saturn, exiting the water and hitting a target on the water's surface within less than a mile. The test came as part of large-scale military exercises that began Aug. 19.

Source

[edit on 13-3-2007 by deessell]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Uncle Mahmoud's Rebus Challenge

Originally posted by deessell
Maybe it is to do with the long range missile that they tested which was called Thaqeb or Saturn in English.

That would be a hell of a message to put on their currency: nuclear + missile.

Freudian slip, or a way to put your money where your mouth is?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Uncle Mahmoud's Rebus Challenge

Originally posted by deessell

That would be a hell of a message to put on their currency: nuclear + missile.

Freudian slip, or a way to put your money where your mouth is?

Well if you're gonna play with the big boys - you need to send the message loud and clear.

Any other interpretations?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How Infantile!does Iddy Bity Iwan Wanna Nukey?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think Iran just wants to get blown to bits or something...its like theyre instigating as much as they can without really doing anything

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
That's strange.

the ringed planet looks a lot like a satellite in orbit (if you look at the rightmost part of the ring, there`s a little ball). They launched one on a russian rocket to monitor agriculture and natural disasters a while back, and they`re apparently on track to have a completely Iranian launch over the next year. I seem to remember hearing it was to be a telecom sat.

What I found kind of funny was that both articles mentioned needed to point out to their readers that "The Pleiades is a cluster of stars."

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I jsut want to point out that using the term nuclear symbol is wrong asit is just a symbol of an atom. Big difference there.

new topics

top topics

join