It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has world opinion changed on ET's and UFO's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I dont think the discussion of UFO's is a taboo subject these days. Sure back in the 70's and early 80's it certaintly was. But not so much now. I openly discuss my thoughts on the subject. the trick is not to be overtly passionate about it casue then people really will beleive that there is somethiong wrong with you!. I usually kick off the subject by discussing Roswell and move on from there. I also add that there is a lot of bull out there regarding UFO's and that yes there are those out there who are out to make a fast buck, attention seeking, delusional or just plain insane and need locking up. However i also argue that there is a very good solid case for the existance of UFO's. By taking this tack people will be more receptive and not instantly roll up their eyes in despair !!!.
Besides i think that the release of many sci fi blockbusters such as War of The Worlds, Independence Day, Ailen, Star Trek , Star Wars, Close Encounters etc has helped people to open up alot more. Persoanlly i suspect this is a deliberate policy of conditioning people for the realities of what is happening above us ! Timothy Good in his book Alien Lisaon alluded to a project called Cosmic Journey, in which he makes this very point and goes further by saying we very nearly did have disclosure but was canclled at the last moment.
My final thought on the subject...i was on holiday to London and i ran into an anti nuclear protest. However they were going about it in the wrong way by lying down in the road and generally behaving like pillocks. Simmilar tactics could be used by the UFO community. But surely a far better way is to go on to tv shows, get involved in politics both regionally and nationally and "come out of the closet" so to speak. The Gay Community has a Comming Out thing. Perhaps the UFO Community should too !!!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
in early highschool i used to talk about it all the time, i wanted to spread the word to everyone, and i wasn't affraid of anything anyone might say.

As time went by though i started to keep it to myself more and more , i guess it just became to hard to explain

<< 1   >>

join