It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four-year-olds will get gay fairytales at school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't know why anyone should be shocked at this. I'm more shocked at the Daily Mail/Sunday Mail's free copy of Rumpelstiltskin DVD. I've never witnessed such chauvenistic, sexist crap in my life, aimed at kids. If any of you get these free DVDs I recommend you watch them first. I put my daughter's copy in the bin. There she was, this poor flaxen haired girl ,(probably under aged), night after night, exhausted, crying, spinning straw into gold, (or else). Nothing but threatening abuse from the king/prince and at the same time she's pleading for her life and to marry him after all that s***. And he's shouting "get it done and you can marry me, (or else)."I told my daughter, "see, if you meet a prince like that and he wants to marry you, tell him to stick his straw up his ar** and run off with the gold. Now she knows.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
wigit, i agree. most of these fairy tales are really screwy. look at snow white, this girl's step mom keeps trying to kill her so she runs off (at 12-14) to work as an indentured servant to some dwarves. then she gets killed and marries some prince who is probably twice her age and then her stepmom is put in red-hot iron shoes at the wedding and she dances until she dies.

so... yeah, regular fairy tales are screwy.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Cinderella's just as bad, but my daughter thinks she's great. Crying and snivelling 'cos she wants to meet the prince and she has nothing decent to wear. Those Daily Mail/Sunday Mail freebies warrant a good looking over before giving them to a child though. That Rumpelstiltskin one is shocking.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I don't think we should impose sex talk on them at such a young age. Heter-, homo-, or whatever.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
I don't think we should impose sex talk on them at such a young age. Heter-, homo-, or whatever.

but there isn't any sex talk in these stories. instead of a prince rescuing a princess it'll be a prince rescuing a prince and falling in love with him

stuff like that. no more sexual than any other disney washed fairy tale

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Its not about sex stuff there obviously aint any in the stories, but stories like these might confuse kids, and confused kids are not good. Basically, its possible that stuff like this at such an early age can turn people gay? is that possible?
But what I would like to know is what gay people think? do you guys think its a good thing or a bad thing, because Im confused on the matter.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I highly doubt that homosexual fairy tales will make kids have a desire to be gay unless they already had an inkling of that desire before. People are going to be gay if the want to be, or straight for that matter. Reading them fairy tales won't do anything to change that other than perhaps make them a little more tolerant toward the opposite orientation, which is something that needs to happen anyway. There are way too many hate crimes in this world.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Basically, its possible that stuff like this at such an early age can turn people gay? is that possible?

Well lets put it this way: gay people have been exposed to the straight equivalent of this stuff all their lives, and it didn't make them straight, did it?

So I doubt it's going to work the other way around either.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You have to be kiding me, what do you think they are reading " once apon a time there live two men tom and his life partner jim and one day they dicided to get married so they went to the kings court and get a marrage curtificete" I mean I am not against gays are anything, some of my best friends are gay, I am only trying to say that we are scared to even talk to are kids about sex between a man and a woman even when they are 9 or 10 but its ok to tell them why timmy has two dads I mean really is the government trying to make are kids gay, because I have noticed that even since they have had gays in TV shows and movies it seems that more and more young people are saying that they are gay and it makes you think that the government is trying to make are kids gay.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So is it my understanding that a heterosexual kid does not need sexual orientation but a homosexual kid does? Are not both natural, and if both are natural than why do we need homosexual orientation? I also have a problem with the age (4) for as a child approaches puberty it is important to educate them on upcoming changes, but a four year old is still asexual mentally and really doesn’t need to lose their innocence so soon.

As a side note...since this is an emotionally charge subject I would think the school should get parents permission and not force it on a child.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Holy sh*t. Ok, I believe in total equality, but children under 6 are basically almost in a trance learning about how life is, and promoting something that is unnatural and even carries higher risk for disease and discrimination to 4 year olds is in my opinion just plain ignorant and stupid.

Perhaps the people who are in charge of the school board could educate themselves first BEFORE teaching CHILDREN about homosexuality. I would pull my kid out of that school so fast, I might just rip his arm off in the process.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Two words:

Private Schools

This is not a one line post!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I haven't read through the post, but my gut reaction is,

Can't we give IT A REST?

Can't we just let kids be kids,

My third son once told me, all the sex and drug education in school made him want to try it more.

What is wrong with innocence?

Plus, do you think a four year old has any idea what they are talking about?

I must tell you, I was in my twenties before I knew what gay was, I learned from Phil Donahue, lol

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
After thought,

my second daughter had many girl friends in High School who experimented with the same sex relationships, all of whom are straight now, it was sort of a fad and the boyfriends thought it was grand,

So you tell me about influence.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Its not about sex stuff there obviously aint any in the stories, but stories like these might confuse kids, and confused kids are not good. Basically, its possible that stuff like this at such an early age can turn people gay? is that possible?
But what I would like to know is what gay people think? do you guys think its a good thing or a bad thing, because Im confused on the matter.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

You can’t turn gay, but you can have all sexual limits removed as society that once considered these limits to be perverse sexuality now a norm. Many might say this is good, but where do you stop. As Plato and Aristotle wrote and philosophized about ethics they had their sexual slave boys near them, and neither the part of the boys being slaves nor sexual toys played into their conversations since they considered them norms then. Today we see a freedom of the sexes that has exploded in the last decade or so that puts the 60s to shame. Multi-partner and bi-sexuality is hitting mainstream and I would ask what has caused this and what is concidered wrong and what should we concidered a norm.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
DEAR LORD this is madness!
1 kids have very manipulative minds when young if u give me a lipstick when i was young i would probably applied it ot myself
2 i cant be against gays all people have the right to be what they like
3 however i DONT approve it and i find it groose!
4 they shouldt talk much about it in school kids would get influenced and start doing......>__

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
what the hell are "gay right LAWS?"

that seems like the wrong term to use...

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, whether you like it or not, gays are here to stay! There use to be a time when blacks were sold as slaves and were thought of as less than whites. Just as this has changed over time, the "keep the gay man down" agenda will eventually fade. My 7 year old even knows that gay is ok. Gays will have all rights, (if not more) just like straights, and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I don't believe that either you're born gay or you never will be gay. People CAN turn gay, especially if that's what they're comfortable and used to. And the thing is that up until about age 6, children are in almost a trance-like state in that they're still learning how life is an what things are. Like sponges absorbing all the stuff that they're around.

So, with all of this, I think it WILL make it more likely for a child to become a homosexual later in life. And no matter what anyone else says, it IS unnatural.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

don't be so hateful. if they teach same sex relshionships why not gay relashionships?
im quite sure some couples are sick of hearing "mummy and daddy put their child to bed"

stop being so anti-change.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join