It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds, bees, frogs, and fish. All dying. Anyone else worried?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, from what i remember, the earth is heading towards the center of the galexy or somthing like that, but that will happen in 2012, and according to the myan calander, new life will begin. And if massive populations of smaller critters die off from reasons unknown, then us eventualy... kinda off topic but i would rather die by the earth being hit by a giant rock in space the size of the moon rather than starving to death...

[edit on 12/4/89 by grand_cutter]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It really saddens me how humans want to 'advance' and 'move forward' in life. Yet here we are, bringing evolutions thousands or even millions of years back. I was talking to my biology teacher about this subject and she was saying how, the cuter the organism/animal, the more humans care. For example, if you were told that animal testing was done on golden retriever puppies and that their scalps are cut open and chemicals are dumped onto it, compared to say the experiment being done on a snake, or a toad. Unfortunately, people would care more about the golden retriever and consequently have a greater reaction about it. And since most organisms that are becoming extinct aren't THAT attractive, people care less about it. I really don't know how we can change this. Every single organisms contribute to their niche and ecosystem. And the discrimination of humans can't be any more insensible.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Think about the common denominator if those species were all to vanish.
Except for fish they are major predators of insects..imagine insect population explosion in next year or so.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

You are so right and i wish more people can see that.Everyone who is trying to bash God and His word knows the scripture very good but they are always twisting it,and saying how God is full of vengeance and hate.
But we,who are blessed with Holy Spirit,can look with our hearts,and know the truth.God loves his children so much he can't watch us doing this.
I think the time is soon,and i try to bring the news to more people,God is love,He is life.I can't wait to be with Him and my mom.
Be good to each other and give your best to live by Gods rules,because he made them so we can understand life and appreciate everything He gave us.
God bless us all

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join