It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
That is a balloon, and it cannot be anything else because of the behavior, and may I remind you I live about the same position as the person taping this "object" and we are in Los Angeles, within miles of airforce and other military, and in a city with 20 news stations. If this was anything other than a regular baloon or kite, it would have been:

1) Taped by every single news station in town, and surrounded by 20 news helicopters.

2) Shot down or at the very LEAST patrolled by military aircraft.

You don't enter Los Angeles airspace without the Los Angeles Center seeing you on radar, and that is NOT an aircraft or UFO.

We have 12 million people here. NO WAY this was the only person who saw it and I'll bet you if it looked like anything other than a kite or balloon it was reported hundreds of times.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by braddman]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Man, why can't people have cameras like these when the classic type ufos are around.
Glad to see someone has a new camera anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Wow, extremely amazing vid.

I can't find any basis in this being a tubular balloon. The undulations are too slow, too perfectly synched with the body part before to be random. Watch from 3:08 to around 3:20... the motion of the 'body' as it writhes away is far too coordinated to be random.
However I don't think its an alien spaceship, it looks too organic to me.

What I do think it is though is possible evidence of rumoured atmospheric bioforms. Creatures that live in the upper atmosphere and feed on aerial plankton. The light could be a bio-luminescent form of communication.

As many of you say, until the footage is examined (footage which, unlike most vids, is extremely clear and well recorded) we won't know. However I do not think this is a balloon, and it bears no similarities to Yahweh's scams.

[edit on 11/3/07 by JackofBlades]

edit: wow 3 posts at once, and two of them have the same theory. What are the odds?

[edit on 11/3/07 by JackofBlades]

Well, while I'm not entirely prepared to state with any certainty that this thing is anything other than a balloon, I find a couple of things suspect.

First of all, the "blinking" that's witnessed in the video is, in my opinion a reflection of light off of a metallic surface of some kind. Whether it's a balloon or an aircraft of some kind remains to be seen.

The second thing that's odd is the way that the object moves. It moves in such a way that suggests that the spot that's reflective is actually the leading means of propulsion for the entire object. This leads me to think that this is nothing more than either a small plane or a chopper. I've been wrong before. I guess though, to answer that question, could you tell me if there was any sound as the object passed overhead? Any sound at all?

Just my few thoughts...

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The idea that this is a string of balloms seems to be the best idea at this point, we need to see what some actual ballons in flight would look like, and see if it would exibit the same behavior as this anomily, intresting find none the less, and very intressed to see what happens in the days to come.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I dont think the blinking light is solar reflection. Take a closer look at seconds 1:10-1:18 on the short video. Also, The light seems to spit quite a distance from the object at 1:14. Very strange indeed.

Im intrigued by the picture posted by Bhadhidar, that seems to me like a much better expanation than balloons on a tether. Can anyone comment more on what that thing in the hanger is and what it would be doing above L.A?

Also, Braddman makes a valid point, I guess we will see if anybody else got anything. But nonetheless the video is astounding and I cant wait to hear what the experts have to say about the orginal footage. Great heads up Jagman! Send that DVD ASAP!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Pretty amazing if you ask me and I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss this as just a balloon, string or otherwise. Someone ealier mentioned something about this being stuck to the lens I think? Ok.. that's getting rediculous.

Near the end of the video when the light 'switched' ends, it looked like this happened after it folded up and the ends touched together. I was trying to figure out if the light source (whatever it was) switched ends or was the thing turned around after it folded?

Ok.. after watching the vid some more it looke like the object did indeed turn around and that's why the 'light' was on the other end per say near the end of the video. Also, when the object is turning around you can see some light (reflecting?) near the middle of it where right at the apex while it is folded.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The proof that this is not a balloon is in the lighting. The way flying saucers work is the antigravity fields seem to create gamma rays which ionise the air around them (read unconventional flying objects). You can clearly see that the air is glowing outside of the worm-like craft, sometimes accross its whole length but it seems the highest amount of radiation is coming from the end of it. The bursts of light are when it makes manouvering thrusts. This is where the air is being ionised by the radiation. If it were a balloon with a light on the end, which by the way is a stupid suggestion, then the light would come from the balloon itself and not the air around it.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Amazing footage! I really like it! Always found unknown bio-entities the most interesting!
Especially since I study biology at the university..

Jagman: Could you please not write your own comments in the quote-tags? Its pretty annoying IMHO.

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
The movement looks organic, like a worm.

Even though it *looks* like a worm, I would'nt compare its movements to a worm. Remember a worm moves in a 2-dimensional world, not a 3-dimensional, so its movements cant really be compared (If we are to be serious). On top of that, this thing must either be weight-less, or near-wiehgtless (ie, be made up of ~99% gaseous species), or have some way of *becomming* weightless. In either case, its movements should be affected by air in some way.

Originally posted by Pita
Could this be the flying spaghetti monster mentioned in south park?

The flying spaghetti monster isn't actually directly related to South Park, but is a real church-community.
Venganza

On topic again - Related to the spitting (or whatever) of the UFO; At first I thought it was lightning as many others, but on further analysis I believe it to be ignited gaseous substances. It is too longlasting and wide to be lightning. A gas-ignition should do the trick as we see it.. And since the UFO doesn't change shape (Ie, become smaller) I believe it is producing these gasses... It could either ignite the gas itself, or it contains some kind of gas that ignites on exposure to air (Or something in it).

Thoughts?

[edit on 12/3/07 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Once again people ignore the obvious facts and continue to post. Gotta love ATS where people think a flying worm UFO wouldn't be noticed in a city with over 5 airports, 12 million people, 20 Television stations, (10 of which have news helicopters), Police Helicopters, and the unbelievable amount of aircraft in the air constantly here.

No way, no how that wouldn't be recognized instantly. That is some sort of promotional balloon or kite.

I want to believe there are UFO's out there, but this isn't one of them. Maybe in some rural town, but not here in L.A. would a stationary object not be picked up on radar and IMMEDIATELY shot down if it didn't respond.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Great stuff you have there! I have no idea what it is. I want one though! It's pretty interesting. I like the camera. What kind is it?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
From here looks like a long, blue, helium-filled balloon undulating in the breeze with a small light tied to one end--like one of those little jobbies you see bikers wearing on their sleeves at night.

None of its movements seem particularly remarkable--and how did the sighting end? Did it just float away?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I would also have to agree that this doesn't look like a string of balloons to me. Like someone else has said, the wind would have taken those balloon far off at that altitude.

Braddman: you seem to ignore the simple fact that the OP was on top of his apartment and had to zoom-in in order to get a good look at the object. So tell me. Is your eyesight that good that you could see that object from the ground? And if others did see the object, i wonder how many would just dismiss it as "a string of balloons." UFOs arent the first thing that people think of when they rationalize things.

As far as being picked up by radar...who said it wasnt? Depending on its size it probably didnt even show up. Then again, I would like to think that if it were a UFO, they would have the technology to evade radar.

As for me. I have no idea what it is. It looked interesting though.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by xEphon]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Finally some people think these worm shaped objects are balloons tied
togheter wich result simply ridiculous. It's been proved these objects remain static in the sky even for half hour just spinning but without flying away by the action of the wind. At such altitude it's imposibly for any kind of balloon to remain static so don't pay attention to those who claim what they can't prove.

Im not going to say one way or another on this clip here, I just want to point out that when people say things like you have just said above, it does nothing to help investigate whats going on.

You are just as likely right that it is not balloons as they are that it is balloons, or as I am that these things are strands of the Flying Spaghetti monster, looking for each other.

Some may very well be balloons, tethered to the earth by some means, so we do indeed need to listen to evidence towards this.

On the other hand, when the footage is as compelling as this appears, Im also open to any suggestions.

But there is little to gain from telling people to 'ignore them, they cant prove it' when no one can prove anything thus far. Thats what makes it all interesting to me.

badw0lf

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Lets say for a moment this craft is some sort of military project - my question is: From looking at its behavior in the video and the flashing light, what could a craft like that be used for? What purpose does it serve?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pita
Could this be the flying spaghetti monster mentioned in south park?

Heyyyy After 2 pages I thought I was going to be the first to make that crack as no one else had..

Lol

Oh well, doomed to page 6 I guess..

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
The proof that this is not a balloon is in the lighting. The way flying saucers work is the antigravity fields seem to create gamma rays which ionise the air around them.

I 'm curious how you are in the know as to how "flying saucers" fly? Or is this just a theory that you have?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by braddman
Once again people ignore the obvious facts and continue to post. Gotta love ATS where people think a flying worm UFO wouldn't be noticed in a city with over 5 airports, 12 million people, 20 Television stations, (10 of which have news helicopters), Police Helicopters, and the unbelievable amount of aircraft in the air constantly here.

No way, no how that wouldn't be recognized instantly. That is some sort of promotional balloon or kite.

I want to believe there are UFO's out there, but this isn't one of them. Maybe in some rural town, but not here in L.A. would a stationary object not be picked up on radar and IMMEDIATELY shot down if it didn't respond.

I appreciate your skepticism but I think the level of it goes a bit too far. I think there are many instances of objects that were found flying through space NOT showing up on radar. Also, how many people actually look up most of the time? I think you will find not many. Also, this object not showing up on radar coupled with the fact that it really doesn't look that threatening, why is it difficult to think that many people would not have noticed it?

Hope you get the point I'm trying to make..

Also, the avatar.. is that a Supra? That's an awefully big turbo.. T76 maybe?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
that if it was actually a sting of balloons, as others have suggested, that it should have a reflective or illuminated surface at its end.

It looks to me like one long balloon or a string of balloons with a mirror tied to one end to give the appearance of light as it reflects the sun.

My question is how did the guy miraculously see it? In the beginning of the video you can't even make it out until he zooms in on it. It's just a supposition, but I think the videographer knew the object was going to be there and is in on the hoax.

Honestly, Prophet Yahweh's stuff was more compelling.

Peace

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

Originally posted by braddman

I appreciate your skepticism but I think the level of it goes a bit too far. I think there are many instances of objects that were found flying through space NOT showing up on radar. Also, how many people actually look up most of the time? I think you will find not many. Also, this object not showing up on radar coupled with the fact that it really doesn't look that threatening, why is it difficult to think that many people would not have noticed it?

Hope you get the point I'm trying to make..

Also, the avatar.. is that a Supra? That's an awefully big turbo.. T76 maybe?

Regardless of being seen from the ground or not, have you any idea the amount of aircraft in the air at one time in L.A.? It's an astounding number. Someone would see that thing.

Off topic, yes that is my Supra, it is a GT74 turbocharger.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It looks like a bunch of balloons and it acts like a bunch of balloons. So it must be a duck.

mikell

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join