It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Billy Meier (Hoax) story - what does ATS think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Bizarre??

You do realize you are calling someone who had personal contact with an alien race Bizarre.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You do realize you are calling someone who had personal contact with an alien race Bizarre.

I love reading about UFO's and aliens and trust me... I want to believe but that quote made me laugh.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Dulcimer]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
there's another story, recently compiled by Dr. Michael Salla. Here Billy Meier is mentioned as a "one -armed man who lives in Switzerland." Nice story

www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

There are so many stories out there, most of them are pure fantasy. We shouldn't be too gullible. i wish this Dr. Salla would be a bit more critical on the stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
he has been proven a fake on so many levels! dinosaur pictures??!! come on! If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, its a duck! Substitute fake for duck!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Bizarre??

Honestly - growing up near NORAD I have seen several saucers up close (within 100 ft.) with others as well as had an abduction experience in 97'. Without going into too much detail I do believe because I have no choice - otherwise I would simply have to label myself, as well as the entire elder line of the modern Native Americans(primarily my lineage) who have intimate, in-depth understanding of ET's, kooks. However, I'm also a hardened skeptic and my analysis of this stuff is really a means for me to come to grips with my own experience.

I apologize for any disrespect but this case IS bizarre for the outlandish extent to which this guy went to hoax us. If that "wedding cake" ship was proven to have a barrel lid as a part of it that is the final line for me. I do not deny that it's possible he did have some contact sometime in the past but as someone mentioned earlier, he could have went too far to try and convince everyone of that fact.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

• 1978:
n a Wasserman publication, Meier foretold the launch of a telescope at end of the 1980s that would make unfathomable discoveries in space, and wrote that a comet would be discovered in the late 1980s to early 1990s; it would be named Toutatis, and may threaten Earth in September 2004..
Corroborated: April 1990, Hubble telescope was launched.
Corroborated: 1989, French astronomers discovered a comet [asteroid], named it Toutatis, and predicted it would come closest to Earth on September 29, 2004.

Interesting, although isn't there a danger that this prophecy is self-fulfilling? For instance we've been sending probes and satellites into space since the late 50s/early 60's. Surely it would only be a matter of time before we sent space telescopes? Also with improved technology, especially that of microchips and circuits, having a construct such as Hubble would certainly seem more plausible with each passing decade and the continued technological advancement resulting from those periods. Person(s) with a sense of humour familiar with the works of Billy Meier and involved in the developement and deployment of the Hubble Space Telescope could've been aware of this. Outlandish, perhaps..but a nagging skeptical doubt nonetheless.

Originally posted by RedPill

Destruction in North America
Far in the West, it will be different; the United States of America will be a country of total destruction. The cause for this will be manifold. With her global conflicts which are continuously instigated by her and which will continue far into the future, America is creating enormous hatred against her, worldwide, in many countries. As a result, America will experience enormous catastrophes which will reach proportions barely imaginable to people of Earth. The destruction of the WTC, i.e., the World Trade Center, by terrorists will only be the beginning.

Again this simply could've been someone very aware of the current political-sociological happenings of the times and its possible consequences in the future. At this time the U.S had funded such groups as the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan with Stinger missiles, which could easily have been foreseen to be used against the U.S in the future. Also the U.S had meddled with countries like Iran & Iraq, helping to install dictators and empower them; with the foresight that this could backfire on future administrations in the U.S. Let's not forget at this time the Cold War was nearing it's end and people may already have been hypothesising about possible future adversaries. Such as smaller rogue/hostile states and even terrorists groups. During that period groups such as the IRA, Black September among others were active. Nevertheless, good foresight by whomever wrote it heh.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
interesting guy, kooky pictures.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
interesting guy, kooky pictures.

lol - is that supposed to be one of the aliens that contacted him?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11According to the guy (Michael Horn) who handles this website, Meier's images have failed to be debunked by all the experts and their were many modern model makers recently who couldn't duplicate the craft or the photos that Meier photographed clearly in the 70's.

Not true. I work in a paleontology lab and I can tell you that the "dinosaurs" are very clearly fakes.

Many people have pointed out the obvious frauds in his pictures and the logical holes in his story are vast and many. Even the UFO community has pretty much distanced themselves from him because he's such an obvious fake.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Even the UFO community has pretty much distanced themselves from him because he's such an obvious fake.

yeah.. that's why I found it odd that Horn was given a whole episode on C2C last week... that's how I stumbled on to this guy. i'm fairly new to this community(ufo) so I had no knowledge of Meier before that.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11

yeah.. that's why I found it odd that Horn was given a whole episode on C2C last week... that's how I stumbled on to this guy. i'm fairly new to this community(ufo) so I had no knowledge of Meier before that.

I know it's not the first time C2C has done that. I don't know why they keep pushing the Meier fantasy. Meier must have some pictures of George Noory in bed with some of those alien women (or he's threatening to make some).

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
In my opinion, if Billy Meier had curtailed his contributions to UFO lore decades ago, leaving only his primitive footage of saucers bobbing and weaving about the mountainous countryside and his earliest enigmatic stories of alien contact, he would be far better regarded by the UFO community today.

In a different time, I think Billy might have been considered one of the "classic" contactees, not unlike George Van Tassel, George Adamski, George King and George Hunt Williamson (the so-called "Four Georges" of the 1950s and 1960s). Those guys had some pretty wild tales themselves, and were the subject of much attempted debunking in their time. They were called fakes and frauds and opportunists, also, but they had the advantage of living in technically-primitive time, compared to today. So, most of their preposterous claims and "evidence" just went unchallenged. Sold a lot of books, I know that.

The big difference, I think, is that Billy has outlived the Four Georges and their age of childlike wonder and is still crankin' out his alien-contact & time-travel adventures with new twists every few years. Meier has survived into the 21st Century, an age of unparalleled skepticism that is backed up with the technology to debunk practically everything he says. Every time Meier opens his mouth these days, the tale grows more and more bizarre, his "evidence" becomes all the more incredible, the laughter grows louder, and his intended audience grows more and more wary of him.

That's quite a feat... A guy who is so far out there, he alienates even the UFO crowd.

But I'll give Billy Meier credit for one thing — sheer persistence. I believe that the profundity of his delusions is a phenomenon in itself. If Billy Meier never existed, we couldn't create this guy and his epic adventures in our wildest works of fiction. As I've said before, Billy Meier makes Doctor Who seem like an amateur.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/11/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I believe that the profundity of his delusions is a phenomenon in itself. If Billy Meier never existed, we couldn't create this guy and his epic adventures in our wildest works of fiction. As I've said before, Billy Meier makes Doctor Who seem like an amateur.

Well said.. this guy could have been a star sci-fi writer. I think that's what threw me off was the extreme elaboration of his story.

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I don't know why they keep pushing the Meier fantasy. Meier must have some pictures of George Noory in bed with some of those alien women (or he's threatening to make some).

Haha
... yeah! it was odd how George Noory was so into the story and seemed to believe it??

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I spent all day listening to 2 paracast episodes,watching a Meier video on google for almost 2 hours and reading about him from numerous sources including ufowatchdog.....smells like BS.
Case closed in my book.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
My favorite part was the whole incident where he released a picture of one of these so called aliens, then when people debunked it and it turned out to be a picture he took of a tv show of a dancer on a talk show, he came up with this whole ludicrus story about how it turns out that the dancer is actually an "Earth double" (who was a dancer on a tv show) of the alien in question and the secret MIB govt. infiltrated this alien organization he is in contact with and planted a spy who replaced his real picture of the alien with a picture of this Earth dancer double while it was being developed (in order to set Mier up and make him look like a fraud) and he didn't notice the difference so he published it anyway. Ahhahaha o man.. that one made me laugh.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
especially those alleged UFO footage he took by himself,they are all too spooky and dummy. I take him for a pathological liar. But on the another hand he showed trememdous knowledge in astronomy, indicating the effort he's put in for this big hoaxxx. respect

[edit on 11-3-2007 by manlyphall]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by manlyphall
especially those alleged UFO footage he took by himself,they are all too spooky and dummy. I take him for a pathological liar. But on the another hand he showed trememdous knowledge in astronomy, indicating the effort he's put in for this big hoaxxx. respect

wow! i'd really like to meet him just for the amusement... with a hoax this long and elaborate I would bet Meier probably believes the whole thing himself. a very interesting story to say the least - after doing a little bit more digging over the last couple of days I've discovered that a lot of people believe that at one time Meier may have really had contact and that some of the pictures might be real?? odd. hanks for the great info.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i think billy lier is full of crap . just m2c

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why do these "UFOs" always seem like they are molesting trees. Are these EBE's blind and cannot see a tree? Also, why would they use hubcaps to make their ships. They must be mini EBE's. Haha

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Why do these "UFOs" always seem like they are molesting trees.

haha
no doubt! it's almost as if he was going through pains to put them in contrast with environmental object.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join