It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare UFO (Lights from Jan, 10 2007)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am trying to get in contact with the people/person who filmed this so I can get the raw data of the film/tape/or data media that it was recorded on that is uncompressed in format.

This sighting is after the November 2006 O'Hare incident - many witnesses have come forward and have claimed to have seen the same odd lights 'Hovering and changing formations" over O'Hare airport.

I live near O'Hare - these ARE NOT airplanes, these are NOT field lights. The Lights on the bottom left of the screen are part of the airport - and do not move or change formations.
You can see airplanes in the footage taking off and landing. I believe this footage was filmed off of Irving Park Rd - a road that 'curves' around the airport - but many people stop and watch the planes and photograph them.
(Plane hobbiests)
If anyone has more information on the people who filmed it - please let me know, I want them to go to news agencies with this footage.

Thanks
Kroms33

Footage: (9 minutes plus)
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3/7/2007 by kroms33]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There are no doubt compelling components to this video. BUT, $39 will buy anyone on earth a stupid tripod. That would help immensely in determining what these are or arent.

One thing that will help bolster your stance on the position of these lights as plane lights or not or airport lights or not (not saying that these are or arent either one) would be to get a real clear STEADY shot of this area in the daylight, umcompressed or with as little compression as possible. Or maybe even a shot that follows this area in transition from daylight through dusk into night to simply give all a chance to get some point of reference to gauge this semi crappy night shot to.

Nice video tho, better than some I've seen and certainly not as good as it could have been. The steadiness of what at first glance appears to be a static formation of lights from an undetermenied source is enough to tip my interest at least. I'll definately watch this one for a bit and do a bit of work on it my self to see if I can come up with anything.

You ought to pass it off the Springer and JRitzman too and see if they have included it in their ongoing research with the 2006 pics and OHare story.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

There are no doubt compelling components to this video. BUT, $39 will buy anyone on earth a stupid tripod. That would help immensely in determining what these are or arent.

I agree - very compelling components to the video. It would have been nice if whoever filmed this video did have a tripod, but from the conversation that these guys are having - I don't think they are UFO hunters or even Ufologists/Researchers. I know a tripod would help immensely, but I really don't think that these guys or anyone for that matter travel around with tripods.

I wish the quality was a lot better, but by the camera movements it is easy to assume that these objects that are being filmed are stationary - and not a digital hoax. I would rather have a bit of movement to determine focus range - what caught my eye was when he did focus the camera - zoom in and zoom out, moved the camera around, these objects remained exactly where they are supposed to. A plane actually flies near the formation - which rules out the possibility of ground lights. If they were ground lights - the wouldn't be changing formation - and the plane would have been impacted into O'Hare field

I would like to know the location of this area too - that is why I want the video in uncompressed format - so I can adjust the saturation / hue / light levels and detect backgrounds. I am not far from O'Hare - and every time one of these sightings takes place - it really ticks me off... tired of missing it.

Perhaps I haven't missed my chance yet though... it seems Chicago is being hit by some early stages of a 'wave' of sitings... (perhaps not..) I will have to wait and find out.

Is there any way to DL the YouTube video? I looked in my internet cache and can't find any streamed vids. I really want to find out where this area is, because if I do I will take some daylight photos and post them up.

Thanks,
Kroms33

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I do think that you can DL the videos if permissions to do so have been given for any particular video.

BTW, I have sent a message to the original poster of that video and invited him to come to this thread and help in the discussion if he wishes. I wouldnt expect anything but if you dont invite they will not come.

I want to find some SW that will take videos like this and steady them on a fixed point during playback and rerecording. That might help in some of these earthquake videos we get a lot of.

I'm with you on researching it more...squeeze it till it runs dry I say....

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind

One thing that will help bolster your stance on the position of these lights as plane lights or not or airport lights or not (not saying that these are or arent either one) would be to get a real clear STEADY shot of this area in the daylight, umcompressed or with as little compression as possible. Or maybe even a shot that follows this area in transition from daylight through dusk into night to simply give all a chance to get some point of reference to gauge this semi crappy night shot to.

Nice video tho, better than some I've seen and certainly not as good as it could have been. The steadiness of what at first glance appears to be a static formation of lights from an undetermenied source is enough to tip my interest at least. I'll definately watch this one for a bit and do a bit of work on it my self to see if I can come up with anything.

You ought to pass it off the Springer and JRitzman too and see if they have included it in their ongoing research with the 2006 pics and OHare story.

We've seen lots of videos and photos like this one, and I'm not even mildly impressed with this. As is typical, the witness claims he knows that the lights were over the airport instead of well beyond it, but there is no evidence in the video to support this conclusion. No time is given for the event, but I predict it would be early evening, since that is when a lot of flight would be arriving. The fairly busy vehicular traffic seems to confirm that it is not late at night. If it was 1:00 A.M., well then, that is a different kettle of fish.

There is nothing in the video inconsistent with landing lights of arriving aircraft. They're all in about the same direction, but at different distances. This is further confirmed by the fact that they are all quite close to the horizon. This is more likely to observed near the Winter Solstice when it gets dark early. Landing lights are very bright and can be seen from a long distance away, especially on a crisp January night.

So, a very simple question: you are near one of the busiest airports in the world: where are the landing lights of the arriving planes?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yeah I agree that this is leaning very heavily on the side of aircraft simply in and unsual pattern from and unusual viewpoint but nonetheless some evidenciary leg work needs to be done on it to put some things to rest in my head at least.

I suspect you may be right tho....lets see where this pans out to.

The one thing that kind of bugs me is how long they hold the position and how consistent the positions re over time.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The youtube user

sjpones3

seem to be the submitter. He has answered other in youtube. Have you tried contacting him thru youtube?

[edit on 3/7/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

We've seen lots of videos and photos like this one, and I'm not even mildly impressed with this. As is typical, the witness claims he knows that the lights were over the airport instead of well beyond it, but there is no evidence in the video to support this conclusion. No time is given for the event, but I predict it would be early evening, since that is when a lot of flight would be arriving. The fairly busy vehicular traffic seems to confirm that it is not late at night. If it was 1:00 A.M., well then, that is a different kettle of fish.

There is nothing in the video inconsistent with landing lights of arriving aircraft. They're all in about the same direction, but at different distances. This is further confirmed by the fact that they are all quite close to the horizon. This is more likely to observed near the Winter Solstice when it gets dark early. Landing lights are very bright and can be seen from a long distance away, especially on a crisp January night.

So, a very simple question: you are near one of the busiest airports in the world: where are the landing lights of the arriving planes?

If you lived near O'Hare, you would know much of the air traffic for arriving flights come directly over down town Chicago (to the east) and fly in a straight formation - miles apart from each other toward a western approach pattern. The pattern displayed in the video under discussion is definitely not oriented towards any viable landing pattern that anyone in this city has observed. You have 9 minutes and 48 seconds of these objects in a stationary position that appear to at least change in formation. If these were planes on a direct approach traveling lets say at 175-250 mph I don't think it would take ANY of them over 9 minutes to get to O'Hare. If they just took off, same supposition - they wouldn't remain stationary for that amount of time.

I see airplanes on direct approach all the time, I live right under a landing pattern - from first seeing the lights (lets say at night) to the time it passes overhead is only a few minutes - if that. The bright landing lights that the planes display are much different then what is shown in the video. By law, all aircraft need to have 'blinking lights' - as you seen in the video - the airplanes in the video had blinking lights... these objects did not. I don't know the distance of where the lights were - but if they were in a 'landing pattern' they would have easily landed within the time frame of the video. Not only that - other people have come forward and reported the sighting above O'Hare that corresponds to the video in question. People who live around "THE MOST BUSIEST" airport in the world know what planes look like - we see them every day and night.

Again, the lights are very inconsistent with any landing pattern - and very inconsistent with any type of aircraft activity within the greater Chicagoland area.

Kroms33

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The youtube user

sjpones3

seem to be the submitter. They have answered other in youtube. Have you tried contacting them thru youtube?

I have tried to contact him - I sent him a message over YouTube but have not gotten a reply as of yet... I am trying

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The youtube user

sjpones3

seem to be the submitter. He has answered other in youtube. Have you tried contacting him thru youtube?

Yes, that is where I have left the message with the invite.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yes, that is where I have left the message with the invite.

Awe thanks dude!!! I didn't think of inviting him to discuss this on the forum - cool - kudos for you

I just hope people don't rip this guy apart... let him tell his story if he comes here...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

If you lived near O'Hare, you would know much of the air traffic for arriving flights come directly over down town Chicago (to the east) and fly in a straight formation - miles apart from each other toward a western approach pattern. The pattern displayed in the video under discussion is definitely not oriented towards any viable landing pattern that anyone in this city has observed.

Kroms33

I have lived near the approach to major airports.

How is that? We are not even provided the very fundamental information about the direction in which the camera is pointed.

look at the video zoomed out. Those planes are all nearly in the same direction with only small angular offsets. They are not flying side by side, but are all at different distances from the viewer (and thus differnt brightnesses). Exactly what I would expect to see from planes stacked up for approach during a busy time of day.

IMO, not worth waiting further time or energy on. Insufficient information and nothing anomalous on the tape.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

I just hope people don't rip this guy apart... let him tell his story if he comes here...

Well, put hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills the fastest. I would say that he will hopefully understand that by coming here and discussing it he will have to deal with some very pointed questioning and maybe some criticism. That goes with the territory in this field, but he has the option to politely bow out when he thinks he is going through character assassination or dealing with undue pressure. If I get any comms with him over the YouTube message board I will try to prepare him for what happens here during an investigation-what its like trying to fulfill the curiousity of a pack of ravenous hyenas and hopefully it wont be enough to dissuade him from helping out any. Cross your fingers....

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I have lived near the approach to major airports.
How is that? We are not even provided the very fundamental information about the direction in which the camera is pointed.

look at the video zoomed out. Those planes are all nearly in the same direction with only small angular offsets. They are not flying side by side, but are all at different distances from the viewer (and thus differnt brightnesses). Exactly what I would expect to see from planes stacked up for approach during a busy time of day.

IMO, not worth waiting further time or energy on. Insufficient information and nothing anomalous on the tape

Ok, so you would know it wouldn't take the objects in question over nine minutes to land/take off then... or am I mistaken? The objects appear with the same light frequency - meaning their illumination does not signify them being further from each other - but rather in close proximity to each other.
If they are in a flight holding pattern - thats one hell of a holding pattern then... I have never seen anything like that - 9 minutes of being nearly frozen in the same place...

Just like people trying to prove UFOs are real - I would ask you to try to prove your theory/hypothesis on planes remaining stationary for 9:48 by recording this odd phenomena you describe.

Since they exhibit that same luminous properties - are you saying that 'some' airplanes have brighter lights then others to match the closer planes lumination values? That would be an oddity in itself. Where are the blinking lights?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Cross your fingers....

I am. The thing about it is, I wonder if he will come forward - he put it up on YouTube, but coming forward and actually discussing the footage - well that is another story. We don't know his background, or anything about him. Perhaps he would just like to remain anonymous because he feels that if he came forward it would put him in a position he doesn't want to be in - or perhaps he doesn't have the time to discuss it - who knows.

I just want some answers (as I am sure everyone else reading this thread does).

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here's my big question:

Why are people continuing to push this video of some lights, which only distracts from the real O'Hare event, the appearance of a disc over a Terminal of the airport, viewed by ground crew, pilots, and other passerbys?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Here's my big question:

Why are people continuing to push this video of some lights, which only distracts from the real O'Hare event, the appearance of a disc over a Terminal of the airport, viewed by ground crew, pilots, and other passerbys?

Because it could have significance to that event. The original even took place in November of 2006 - not to long ago. Supposedly there is a video of that event that will be made public soon... why it isn't public right now ticks a lot of people off (including myself). The video that you are questioning (that this thread is about) is not being pushed in anyones face - I am just inquiring about it and want some answers from the person who filmed it.

The reality is, the first occurrence (Nov 2006) and the Jan 2007 occurrence had many witnesses. No explanation credible has ever come out to what these objects are. FAA says 2006 occurrence was atmospheric phenomena - but there has been NO FAA statement on what the 2007 occurrence could have been... There were witnesses - even people in planes that said they passed the lights in the sky - so why was there never an investigation?

Perhaps it was never reported - who knows...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Many here may have already researched this, but I'll list it anyway.

Here is the NUFORC report page.

Link

It seems he did file the report after being asked. Whatever that is worth.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ok, I got a response thought YouTube from the guy who filmed it - he says the following:

I filmed this footage on St.Charles road just west of rt 53 aka rowling road

From deduction (looking on Google Earth), if he is looking in the direction of the airport he is facing North East and about 7 - 8 miles from O'Hare.

There is a possibility that this corresponds to a flight holding pattern, but I am still in awe of why for 9 minutes these objects remained stationary. If it is a holding pattern - or the planes are flying away from the airport (which would be in the wrong direction - since mostly the planes come in from the east and land) it could debunk this video... but that is what research is all about... finding the truth.

I am currently 'hacking' my firefox directory in an attempt to recover the youtube video (I found it, I just have to convert it into something that will play). This will allow me to run some screens to see exactly where it was filmed.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Many here may have already researched this, but I'll list it anyway.

Here is the NUFORC report page.

Link

It seems he did file the report after being asked. Whatever that is worth.

Good call - well, perhaps my efforts are in vein. NUFORC is a reputable site.

Thanks for the info...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join