It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question about 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm interested in why this year is supposedly an important one. I'm constantly hearing fellow believers banging on about the year 2012, and still can't fathm why the year has any significance.

And 'theories' and 'facts' which point to why this year is hyped up is greatly appreciated.

The King

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am going to warn you that you are going to recieve mixed responses on this subject. The reason for this is there are extremists who are members of this site and will destroy any comments for or against the 2012 inquisition. I suggest looking everywhere you can and find as much outside evidence that you can before you actually inquire on ATS. I am still investigating 2012 since I was impolitely told that I'm not too intelligent for researching such affects.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
I am going to warn you that you are going to recieve mixed responses on this subject. The reason for this is there are extremists who are members of this site and will destroy any comments for or against the 2012 inquisition. I suggest looking everywhere you can and find as much outside evidence that you can before you actually inquire on ATS. I am still investigating 2012 since I was impolitely told that I'm not too intelligent for researching such affects.

I was hoping for views from both sides; both the skeptics and 'believers'. Because i have 0 idea what all the hype on 2012 is about... So it will be better to get opposing views.

The King

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
just watch some of the google videos on the subject. They all basically say the same thing just from different perspectives.
Like any "doomsday" scenario, every one interprets the events in their own way. There are people who simply rattle off their theories, and then there are people who try and connect other events in history together in a semi scientific way.
I have seen most of the theories, and they basically boil down to an astronomical event. If you look at the videos you will see.
This one is my favorite. Although very monotone and boring to watch, it does create some interesting connections. Although some are not exactly mathematically reproducible to the lecturers calculations, it is still entertaining.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Okay, i'll watch that in a short while.

You mind summarising what the aztecs have to do with this? When i hear about 2012 and UFO's i always hear something about the measurement of stars by the aztecs, or something.

I don't have time to check the video right now as i'm playing iSnooker

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
it's not the aztecs, it's the maya. Alot of events are predicted to happen in 2012.. earth entering an interstellar energy cloud, the yellowstone super volcano erupting..

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schizoflux
it's not the aztecs, it's the maya. Alot of events are predicted to happen in 2012.. earth entering an interstellar energy cloud, the yellowstone super volcano erupting..

Is that the volcano which is said to create so much ash when it erupts, that it'll block out the sun in some areas?

Do you have any further information on the mayans and their predections/claims for the year 2012? I realise i could research it, but i figured if you have any knowledge of this whole thing; then others could challenge your views and would make for better reading. As apposed to visiting sites that will quite certainly be filled with bias

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
2012 is an event many cultures and peoples have forseen as the "end of the world" (not literally, just as you know it now). From the Mayans and their sunstone + calendars, to shamans, to people like Fulcanelli who gave the message in coded form (so only those who are wise enough can decipher it)

It is to do with the precession of the equinox, signs of the zodiac, the galatic centre, our own Sun, and IMHO, consciousness itself.

Basically in 2012 we will have completed a galatic cycle, and it is a point where the Earth, Sun and galatic centre come into alignment. Its important to remember that we know little about black holes, let alone super massive ones like the one at our galaxies centre. Its gravity field is squashed into a disc, which is what we will be passing through as we approach 2012.

The Sun can affect our climate and tectonic activity with ease...imagine the power behind a supermassive blackhole, and what it could do..

Most people will dismiss 2012, because there isn't "solid evidence" that any of what i have said is true. However, when you consider other things like the history of our planet, the Illuminati, Egypt, and the legends of Atlantis and Leumaria, you can understand why people see 2012 as being a special date. Why? Because once you see the bigger picture of history you realise that not only do the planets and stars go round in cycles, but civilization and consciousness does too!

Once you realise the New World Order is real, and that it has existed for hundreds of years if not longer, it becomes easier to understand 2012. Many people ask, "Why is the NEW world order coming to a climax now??"..

Its not that they want to gain power as Alex Jones etc say...

Its to prevent the loss of power! They know about 2012, and they are doing everything possible to ensure we are kept in the dark about it, but ultimately they know there is nothing they can do. Its all part of the game anyway.

Two Bill Hicks quotes to help you;

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey – don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because – it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

and..

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration … that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The Mayans didn't make a prediction... basically their calendar was based on their belief that everything happens in specific cycles (based on our solar system). The beginning of their calendar was August 11th, 3114 B.C and the end of the cycle is December 21st 2012 (exact day of the winter solstice and allignment of the "galactic equator" with the "dark rift" in our galaxy). They predicted this exact day thousands of years ago and it is a mystery how they knew so much about the solar system.

As you may guess there is alot of info to explore on this topic to have any understanding, my advice is to start searching because it is a very interesting and important topic. The thing that gets everyone worked up is that is is a doomsday prediction. Most people don't believe it is some cataclysmic event but rather an event that changes our entire perception of reality or time or the universe or whatever 'IT' is that will end one cycle and begin another. Theres just too much to talk about so I suggest you look up documentaries and the following people.

Terence McKenna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Major Jenkins
Daniel Pinchbeck (new book - 2012 The Return of Quetzacoatl (sp?))

Forgot to add this Link

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the replys. Sounds awe worthy... I'll definately be spending most of tomorrow researching this. The whole Mayan calendar thing sounds very fascinating too

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is alot of info out there about 2012 mate, be sure to read stuff from as many possible sources as you can! Then you can weed out the gold info from the rubbish. Or you could just buy a book about it, i got one from amazon, called "2012, ectasy or catastrophe" (i think), which is amazing, as it contains info from ALOT of sources.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There has been many different theories about 2012. Some people believe it's the "end of the world". The world is not going to end. Of course thats only one of the "theories". Now the old world might end and a new one will be born. The new one being filled with knowledge and stuff of the sort. This transition from old to new will supposedly happen November, 2012. The reason the Y2K thing happened is because it was the start of a 13 year countdown. It was also misinterpreted as the "end of the world".
The Mayans Knew so so much because they were in frequent contact with the Annunaki or the like.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAmongstMen
I'm interested in why this year is supposedly an important one. I'm constantly hearing fellow believers banging on about the year 2012, and still can't fathm why the year has any significance.

And 'theories' and 'facts' which point to why this year is hyped up is greatly appreciated.

The King

Folks like a good Armageddon story... something that they have foreknowledge of and took action for. There are opportunities to be heroes in a time when civilization collapses, and in a time when we feel more controlled and less powerful, these stories have a very strong resonance.

They're popular among the disenfranchised.

Scholars (evil people who read the language of the Aztecs and Incas and Mayas) say there's nothing to it... the calendar simply runs out. The descendants of these people have no such tale/legend of this time.

You also see a promoting of status for people who have alternate theories (particularly anything that "debunks science" or "debunks what scholars say". This is part of a recent cultural phenomina and perhaps a reaction to the overeducated baby boomers.

Anyway, I can blather on for quite a bit, but that's the quick-and-dirty.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
True in part.

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever
The Mayans didn't make a prediction... basically their calendar was based on their belief that everything happens in specific cycles (based on our solar system). The beginning of their calendar was August 11th, 3114 B.C and the end of the cycle is December 21st 2012 (exact day of the winter solstice and allignment of the "galactic equator" with the "dark rift" in our galaxy). They predicted this exact day thousands of years ago and it is a mystery how they knew so much about the solar system.

Not really a mystery. They kept excellent astronomical records and were aware of the precession of the equinoxes. It doesn't require horribly sophisticated math once you know the rate of the precession. And if you have a decent observatory, that's pretty easy to measure.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I watched a new show about 2012 on the History Channel last week. It was called Doomsday 2012. It showed that the Mayans weren't the only ones that showed the calendar ending in 2012. American Indians did (like the Sioux), an Oracle in Greece (I don't remember which one but it wasn't Delphi), a Chinese prophecy book called the "I Ching" can tell your future with symbols and some man (don't remember his name) said that if you plug dates into the symbols that also shows the calendar comes to an abrupt end in 2012. Supposedly the planets will all be in a line (only happens every certain # of 1000's of years) and some people think that the poles will shift, which would the North Pole at the equator. They have said that it has happened before, and that Einstein believed in the poles shifting. I personnally don't believe anything will happen. And who knows when the correct 2012 is anyway. Whenever they did the calendar we go by, the man who did it was basing it on the calendar done during Julius Ceasers time and he got the years messed up, and they decided not to fix it. (or that is what I've heard anyway, not completely sure if it is true, but I think it might be)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I came across several links regarding 2012. The Mayan calendar has been interpreted as pointing to the winter solstice (correct me if I'm wrong) in 2012 as being a time of massive change and upheaval.

The sites below should give you a lot to read. Personally, I know that right now, 2007, and forward, we are going to see things that will absolutely boggle our minds.

Our notion of reality right now is being altered and upgraded. But believe me when I say that we are in for much bigger and better things. Keep an open mind, and research, research, research.

The Internet is an unbelievably unequaled tool that has been placed in the hands of the common man. Information is the most powerful, and unfortunately, only tool we have.

How long those in power will allow this free exchange of ideas to run unchecked is beyond me, but in the event that we lose it, you want to become as enlightened as possible before it vanishes.

AND SPREAD THE WORD. I feel like my task from here on out is to get information, the right information, to as many people as possible. Not in an abrupt, conspiracy theory kind of way, but just asking questions and stimulating interest, discussing things, and most importantly creating awareness.

2012 site 1

2012 site 2

2012 site 3

2012 site 3a

2012 site 3b

2012 site 4

2012 site 5
(This last site is the site of Michael St. Clair, who is a sort of astrologer, but who also claims to be in contact with higher, intelligent beings. He has a lot of great links on his site.).

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Let's see...
In 2012 I'll be 45.
Do I worry about a date that seems to be a scare tactic ?
No.

Do I worry about turning 45 ?

Sadly, yes....

Lex

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
I came across several links regarding 2012. The Mayan calendar has been interpreted as pointing to the winter solstice (correct me if I'm wrong) in 2012 as being a time of massive change and upheaval.

It will be Near the winter solstice.November is the approximate month.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing special will happen that doesn't happen every single normal day. I think the world has been supposed to end about 20 times in the past couple decades. I think people expected something big in 1984, 1990 or 1991. There was a prediction about the antichrist for 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001 and of course you also had the whole Y2K crap mixed in with everything. 2005 or 2006 had some time traveling civil war prediction. Of course none of them came true. Now people are grabbing onto 2012 thinking it means something. But don’t worry, after 2012 passes there will be a new date to worry about. That is how the cycle runs.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
No No No No NO!... You guys have it all wrong. Riley Martin states that the world is being judged sometime late 2012 by a Biaviian (type of alien) know as O-Qua Tangin Wann a.k.a. Tan. Tan is going to come and see if us humans have started to reverse or eliminate the the effects of global warming. Tan was concerned for our planet and told Riley to tell the world of the danger. If not though, 144 000 people are being taken to the alien ship to live there so that the human race may continue on incase of Earths destruction... There is more to the story but thats the main part.

Seems far fetched doesn't it... To be honsest I thought this guy was cracked out and was just trying to make a seen. Yet Riley Martin has a radio deel with serious radio, he has been aired on the Howard Stern Show, he has a book and video. To be honest he seems to know his stuff about space and basically everything to do with Earth.

I'm not expecting you to believe this and I'm not sure if I do myself but the one thing that caught me was that a few years after his book "The Coming Of Tan" was published the mothership in saturns rings that he described in the book was found by NASA

Here are all the links if you are intreated that back up everything!

NASA PAGE: saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Riley Martin Home Page: www.thecomingoftan.com...

Riley Martin Radio: www.artistfirst.com...

Est... just use google to find more

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join