It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question about 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Absolutely nothing special will happen that doesn't happen every single normal day. I think the world has been supposed to end about 20 times in the past couple decades. I think people expected something big in 1984, 1990 or 1991. There was a prediction about the antichrist for 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001 and of course you also had the whole Y2K crap mixed in with everything. 2005 or 2006 had some time traveling civil war prediction. Of course none of them came true. Now people are grabbing onto 2012 thinking it means something. But don’t worry, after 2012 passes there will be a new date to worry about. That is how the cycle runs.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by zerotime]

Nah, we wont have to wait for 2012 to pass, another date will come before it.

"Ahhh the world will end in 2024!!"
"last week you said 2012...what is it going to end twice?"

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally Posted by zerotime
Absolutely nothing special will happen that doesn't happen every single normal day. I think the world has been supposed to end about 20 times in the past couple decades. I think people expected something big in 1984, 1990 or 1991. There was a prediction about the antichrist for 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001 and of course you also had the whole Y2K crap mixed in with everything. 2005 or 2006 had some time traveling civil war prediction. Of course none of them came true. Now people are grabbing onto 2012 thinking it means something. But don’t worry, after 2012 passes there will be a new date to worry about. That is how the cycle runs.

Where's your evidence?

Everybody was scared of Y2K because that was the beginning of the thirteen year countdown to November, 2012.

It was misinterpreted as the end of the world because it was in the prophesies that told of 2012.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

Where's your evidence?

Everybody was scared of Y2K because that was the beginning of the thirteen year countdown to November, 2012.

It was misinterpreted as the end of the world because it was in the prophesies that told of 2012.

Where's the evidence?
Welcome to ATS. Use the ATS Search Feature. They are ALL here for the world to see.

And like grimreaper797 pointed out. Stick around. We are due for a new "October Surprise" or Tidal Wave from aliens on May 25th, or the magical date of August 22 (although I believe that one because it is my birthday).

Although you do bring up a good point. Someone should create a thread that links all of these predictions in one place. A sort of archive of crap. But I'm not doing it. That would be too much work.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've seen this everywhere. On tv, myspace, websites, the bible, just to name a few. I research the topic extensively so I can provide proof.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
OK OK

to the beleiver's

john calleman appears to be one loony guy , he has the audacity to state that the mayans (at some point in there dynasty) got the dates of the original creation wrong, and he decided that the end date of there calendar was oct 28, 2011 then he starts talking about the ascension of consciousness that supposedly is full of "days/nite's which are periods in time usually about a year i beleive where there is light "christ"/energy and dark energy which rules the days/nites and he seems to cherry pick events from history to back up his theory about this and how it has and will relate to consciousness evolving, oh and he makes alot of money selling books

the whole thing with the sun being in the galactic center well actually the sun moves very very slowly thru the galaxy in relation to stars and the milky way each year. and beleive it or not the sun was actually lined up with the galactic center closest in 1998 or 97 and it is still in the general region today however it is near the "southern cross of the dark rift in the milky way" which in mayan terminology and metaphors ( and beleive me there civilization is rich in these) the dark rift symbolizes the road to the underworld and also the creation centre of the galaxy aka the birth canal of creation.

to my understanding most people misinterpret this as an event when what it was always described to be in ancient cultures was a process ( not something that happens in a day)

dec 21 is simply the winter solstice and the mayan's had terminology for this which was/is called "the first father" and the milky way (dark rift in the milky way) is first mother" and just symbolizes and end or a process or age.

so yes the mayans had a calendar that ends on dec 21 2012 which is suppposed to symbolize when first father comes out of the back drop of th e "cosmic birth canal" i.e dark rift of the milky way and thus starts a new age/ cycle is "born" the effects of which appear to be anyone's guess

traditional scientists who haven't a care to take the time to understand (even thou based on there knowledge they couldn't ( they don't like it when i say that) the spiritual nature of those civilizations of the maya and like to simplify the older civilizations that they grew up studying (narrow perspective) history books filled in by scientists who were unknowingly telling only half the story of the civilizations and not understanding the people's fascination with spiritual developments, where there was knowledge on how people can empower themselves, using things in nature like crystals and how you can build your relationship with the creation center of the universe and make youself a powerful creator of your own life as well ( basically things that take the social focus off the material nature of our own civilizations which keeps the power structure's money machine/authority in place)

actually in fairness to scientists what they are doing is really just discovering what they can about civilizations thru a narrow perspective of materialism ( the thing that equates to success in our civilization) because in our society money = wealth and wealth =successful people

we live in a very shallow society and i think half the people that beleive in 2012 do so because they hope that there is some kind of change in the future, change that is bigger than us, that somehow changes the consciousness (thinking , perspectives) of man i.e human nature for the better because if there isn't we will continue to be the by products of the human condition and things just seem to get progessively busier , progressively faster, and progessively more insecure, materialistic, and fake yet i admit we do get more toys to play with and if you can surround yourself with a good close group of friends and not take life 2 seriously you can still have a good time

[edit on 7-3-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 8-3-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerve
No No No No NO!... You guys have it all wrong. Riley Martin states that the world is being judged sometime late 2012 by a Biaviian (type of alien) know as O-Qua Tangin Wann a.k.a. Tan. Tan is going to come and see if us humans have started to reverse or eliminate the the effects of global warming. Tan was concerned for our planet and told Riley to tell the world of the danger. If not though, 144 000 people are being taken to the alien ship to live there so that the human race may continue on incase of Earths destruction... There is more to the story but thats the main part.

Seems far fetched doesn't it... To be honsest I thought this guy was cracked out and was just trying to make a seen. Yet Riley Martin has a radio deel with serious radio, he has been aired on the Howard Stern Show, he has a book and video. To be honest he seems to know his stuff about space and basically everything to do with Earth.

I'm not expecting you to believe this and I'm not sure if I do myself but the one thing that caught me was that a few years after his book "The Coming Of Tan" was published the mothership in saturns rings that he described in the book was found by NASA

Here are all the links if you are intreated that back up everything!

NASA PAGE: saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Riley Martin Home Page: www.thecomingoftan.com...

Riley Martin Radio: www.artistfirst.com...

Est... just use google to find more

Im listening to his radio show, he sounds like hes smoked too much weed in his life

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm surprised nobody mentioned McKenna's "Novelty Theory" or the "impending technological singularity" theory yet.

Novelty theory: "......as the complexity and sophistication of human thought and culture increase, universal novelty approaches a Koch curve of infinite exponential growth".
from Novelty Theory Wiki

Tech Singularity: "....In futures studies, a technological singularity (often the Singularity) is a predicted future event believed to precede immense technological progress in an unprecedentedly brief time. Futurists give varying predictions as to the extent of this progress, the speed at which it occurs, and the exact cause and nature of the event itself".
Not necessarily directly related to 2012 but interesting.
Tech Singulity Wiki

Almost forgot the "Galactic Superwave" Theory....
Galactic Superwave: "...This article summarizes the evidence upon which to hypothesize that the Asian Tsunami of December 26, 2004 (Boxing Day) may have been caused by gravity waves which accompanied a gamma ray burst caused by the explosion of a Neutron Star in the Constellation Saggitarius, some 45,000 light years from Earth. The article also summarizes analysis of whether the December 26, 2004 event may be an indicator that a cyclical Galactic Superwave event, recurrent every 13,000 and 26,000 years, is overdue and may occur precipitously in the near term future. The Mayan Calendar's current TUN, or organic unit of Galactic time, ends on December 21, 2012."
link to exopolitics site...gotta dig thru left side listing for article

..... just throwing these out there. I don't know what, if anything will happen during the 2012 solstice. Will be interesting to find out though. Not much longer to wait!

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Stale Cracker]
edits for accuracy/typo-s

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Stale Cracker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join