It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland invades Liechtenstein... by mistake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo
Please tell me why you people can never say a damn word without including an immature and derogatory comment about George W. Bush. Are you that fixated on Bush that you can't have a coherent thought without immediately trying implicate him in yet another round of left wing propaganda.

If you read what I had said, you'll discover that I didn't actually mention President Bush, I simply mentioned the "hawks within the Bush administration" (i.e. the people who favour military action now against Iran within Bush's government). If you associate the term 'hawk' with the President, then that's up to you.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo

Please tell me why you people can never say a damn word without including an immature and derogatory comment about George W. Bush. Are you that fixated on Bush that you can't have a coherent thought without immediately trying implicate him in yet another round of left wing propaganda.
If you people could possibly grow up, let it go, and use your time and processing power for something other than irrational hatred maybe the world could be a better place. My guess is that you will immediately disregard this entire message and continue on in bumbling rants.

I'm sorry but were you trying to defend Bush? look up the term "Oxymoron", Please.

Were the swiss possibly looking for new chocolate mines perhaps

emoticon edit

[edit on 4-3-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My vote goes to Switzerland on this case. Man they have a good army. They can invade Spain and win within one day without any casualties. I say that this will be a good precursor to the war that they want with Iran if I may say so myself.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
A war between Switzerland and Canada??? hmm stalemate I think, they wouldnt want to invade too much north because there's nothing

anyway the war will be between Canada and Danemark

Switzerland will stay the neutral it was

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The compass on their swiss army knives weren't working that day?

I think this has a lot to say about Spain's defenses. I can't imagine their public is too happy knowing how easily an army can travel into their borders without any resistance. It's good though that there wasn't any fighting. Who knows how bad it would have been if the Spanish army caught them and fired. It could have caused another war.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

The compass on their swiss army knives weren't working that day?

I think this has a lot to say about Spain's defenses.

The british army uses Swiss army knifes? Maybe they do, I don't know. I was just wondering if there was a mixup here. Switzerland invaded Liechtenstein, and it was the British troops who "invaded" Spain...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Liechtenstein is a military protectorate of Switzerland.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
LOL! Of all nations to "accidentally" invade another nation, the SWISS?!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have a WWII-era Swiss army rifle (Schmidt-Rubin K-31), which interestingly enough has the name/address of the original soldier to whom it was issued on a tag under the butt-plate. I was able to locate and communicate with the man a few years ago. The rifle is very heavy, but finely manufactured. It has an unusual straight-pull bolt action.

(I've got a point here, regarding the training/equipment of the Swiss military). A historian friend of mine relayed a story he read about a German general visiting Switzerland around the time of or just before WWII: The German general asked a Swiss general how many men were in the Swiss army on active status, to which the Swiss general told him the numbers were 500,000 men. With snide arrogance, the German general asked, "What would you do if I placed one million men on your border?", to which the Swiss general replied, "Tell my troops to shoot twice and go home."

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I live in Swiss, but I'm Italian so i was not forced to do the swiss army

But i'm swiss at heart,and was nice to read your comments about this incident... I have read in swiss newspapers that is happens one or two times in year this kind of mistakes, more often with Germany borders
!

i will put some links for your eyes about swiss bunkers (sorry because they are in german). Most of them are from the ww2 era but i think, if something happens they could be quickly operative...

Swiss Bunkers 1
tip: try the navigation bar for some photos

swiss air force videoarmy guy put some videos

Hope you find this links interesting...and don't forget that the alps are like emmental cheese, with lots of holes

^v^ Ivan

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Switzerland invaded Liechtenstein, and it was the British troops who "invaded" Spain...

Ack, thanks for clearing that up. I meant to imply Liechtenstein, not Spain. I guess the effects of reading topics at 4 am really takes a toll on me.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It seems the world will be forced to nuke the Swiss....oh the swiss cheese!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost

Little off topic about my country: Anyone remember Hans Island?

Big diplomatic incident with Denmark because we sent an helicopter with a few soldiers on the island

I wonder if my country will go to war with Denmark over the Island... Now might be the time with all those riots!!!

Canada Prevails...!

You better beware you sneaky trappers and diggers, we'll dump those mislead rioters on Hans Island. See how you'll retake it again.

And in case you keep up your false claims, we'll send the residents of Noerrebro just to scare you off.

Turn back Vinland to Denmark...!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, we have been labeled "the iraq of the alpes" by some EU voices recently in course of some bickering over some tax laws. So I guess invasion is only a matter of time now...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
lol...

I read something like that... about tax laws... France i think was...

we gonna be nuke by france

i have see some batteries ready from the other side of the lake of geneva...

Since 1963, a law was vote that every house in swiss must have a Bunker
or a shelter for chem/radiation incidents... so i don't fear french nukes

If something goes wrong i know where to go: at the EPFL (The Swiss MIT) or
in the wallis...

btw... if someone nuke us, with all the money and gold in our banks, all the world economy goes down with us

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah, France because Jonny Halliday or whatever his name was moved to Switzerland to benefit from lower taxes. And Bruxelles started to blow in the same horn and even some German politicians had to comment. We shouldn't have gone to Liechtenstein but to Bruxelles.

We too have a nice little bunker in our basement. Good old oldschool-cold war-reduit-paranoia
If the global situation continues to go downhill, I'll have to clean that old stuff out and prepare the place for protection and defence.

But I think, Switzerland should put sanctions on the EU for trying to interfere with our internal politics

Maybe we should close the Gotthard tunnel for a few days?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join