It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if they find proof of life on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If the probes due to land on Mars this week and next month to test for evidence of life, past or present, found undeniable proof of EBEs, do you believe the government would release the information to the public or try to cover it up? And if they did find and release information that life evolved on Mars, do you believe it would have any religious implications for some people?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If they release anything I believe they will wait for months if not years.

Most definatley some people will see the alien life as a lie from satan or something to that effect. Once someone holds a belief it is very hard for them to let go.

More than likely though, nothing major will be found, imo

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I personally find it ridiculous to continue the search for life on other planets since its already coming here.

The proof of government cover up of UFOs such as the 1965 Edwards AFB and 1980 Rendlesham Forest incidents should be enough to start investigations into the matter, but obviously it isn't happening. All we need to do is start this investigation and this info would come out.

Would the government cover up alien life information? Its been doing so for decades now. So yes, they would.

Also, religions would not be harmed by ET revelation. All religions that had some kind of creation myth survived the threat of dinosaur fossils. People will believe what they want to believe regardless of evidence to the contrary.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   

The proof of government cover up of UFOs such as the 1965 Edwards AFB and 1980 Rendlesham Forest incidents should be enough to start investigations into the matter, but obviously it isn't happening. All we need to do is start this investigation and this info would come out

I am not familiar with the 1965 Edwards AFB but I do know that the 1980 Rendlesham Forest was indeed convincing. I have the radio audio somewhere on my computer. But i remember watching it on SciFi a while back.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truffle
I am not familiar with the 1965 Edwards AFB but I do know that the 1980 Rendlesham Forest was indeed convincing. I have the radio audio somewhere on my computer. But i remember watching it on SciFi a while back.
It was part of Project Blue Book's cases. Documents declassified on this event prove actual UFOs under intelligent control were there. The mere fact that no further public investigation happened afterwards proves cover up.

Stanton Friedman proved UFO cover up as well through his attempts in the 1980s to retrieve UFO documents from government agencies through court proceedings. He ended up with none of the information he wanted. What he did get that was classified was blanked out. Proof of cover up done through our legal system.

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
IF They do, they'll say something REAL Shady, like "We may have found evidence that there could be proof of former life on Mars, but it'll have to undergo years of scientific testing" Or something along those lines.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
You mean like last time they found life on Mars?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I honestly doubt that there is life still on Mars.
Extinct life maybe, but not developed or developing life.

If this were the case, we wouldn't be sending ground probes there. Just take a look at how sensitive NASA was over destroying Galileo so that it wouldn't contaminate Europa. It seems that they think there is life on the moon of Jupiter but not on Mars.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstoneAlso, religions would not be harmed by ET revelation. All religions that had some kind of creation myth survived the threat of dinosaur fossils. People will believe what they want to believe regardless of evidence to the contrary.

Ya got that right! How much scientific evidence do we need to disprove the majority of the religions out there??!!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
They would release it. What reason can you think that would make them not release that info? I cant think of one.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I believe if Richard Hoagland finds out anything he will tell the public. Did any of you hear about the saucer that's in the Arizona desert recently? There was a picture of it on the Coast to coast site.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   

They would release it. What reason can you think that would make them not release that info? I cant think of one.

Need to know basis

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I wonder if Mars is hollow..

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm not suggesting they'll find little green men or anything. If they found life i'm sure it would be nothing more than microbes living under ground. But say they found microbes in test samples-- do you think they would tell the public? We would have no idea how those microbes would react if they came in contact with life on this planet. Like what if they discovered they could be used for applications in biological warfare? Not likely, I know... I'm just saying what if? I think they would deny they found anything until they figured out what exactly they had and if it could be exploited in any way.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Microbes in test tubes, I think they would... They already tried to tell use they found microbes in that meteorite

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

If this were the case, we wouldn't be sending ground probes there. Just take a look at how sensitive NASA was over destroying Galileo so that it wouldn't contaminate Europa. It seems that they think there is life on the moon of Jupiter but not on Mars.

That was because Gallileo wasnt given the full de-contamination process that the Mars landers were subject to, and so there was a chance of contamination.

I am not sure whether or not it would be announced. I mean, what harm could it do?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
um, hello?? has anyone else but me and the english networks and american and british gov't's and russian gov't's and Jim Keith and some other ufologists forgotten bout the russian/american mars landing in 1962?? People landed in an alien spacecraft in 1962 on mars and I have a little 2 minute video of it kinda. It has the astronauts talking and they claim that there's some lifeforms coming up above the ground that were all black and crap. It was hard to tell what they were b/c it's on the computer but it it is worth a look, the video.

the video and the plan was called Alternative 3. It was the 3rd and chosen out of a list of options for the space programs i believe. in the early 60s people were wondering where all the scientists were going and it was believed that they left to mars on alien craft. Alternative 3 was the plan to send them there. in the 1970s the video was shown on bbc but it was covered up and played out as a "tv show." the executives involved with the gov't in covering up alternative 3 warned the network not to show the mars landing video again. there is a book called Casebook on Alternative 3 which was released in england but shortly printing new editions of the book was ended so it's rare to get a copy there. the book was never released in america.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
dont believe everything you read/see on the internet.

I have seen the video you speak of.

I do not know what it is but I do not think its a government coverup on a mission that would cost millions of taxpayers dollars.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
IF we find life on mars, it will be most likely underground, altough I am pretty sure all we will find are ruins. It will be most interesting tho to study what is left of that ancient culture... maybe, we have even luck and we find some of the corpses (It may be possible they had similar ways to keep the dead around like the egypts, with mummies and the likes.)

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
well the probes gone missing what a suprise not, looks like we need to wait for mothership to get to Mars in January to look for it properly.

Do you really think its a coincidance that loads of space probes go missing round Mars?

so much proof seems to point towards some sort of cover up going on with Mars an surrounding area of space.

USA, Russia, UK, Japan probes all gone funny, or lost no trace etc etc..................... cough COVER UP cough

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join